Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

Question Unlock Pathfinder 2, Flying Now.

I think unlocking flying now will help with this lack of content drought and bring people back. I hardly log in anymore. If I had flying, I would start logging in, do World Quests, grind rep, quests and level alts. I think people would start playing again. What do ya'll think?

I think blizzard dont agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeTA View Post
    I think unlocking flying now will help with this lack of content drought and bring people back. I hardly log in anymore. If I had flying, I would start logging in, do World Quests, grind rep, quests and level alts. I think people would start playing again. What do ya'll think?
    I don't think it could possibly hurt BFA at this point, if we are being honest.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyeTA View Post
    I would certainly like flying put in. There really is no reason now not to add it. We've had the xpac out for a while, everyone has had a chance to level. There really isn't a good reason beyond players will complete outdoor content too quickly and we want it to take longer so they play more and stay subbed longer.

7+ Year Old Account
    As long as its only available for non-WM. Otherwise, please no. Not yet.

Nah .. 8.2 is fine. Or maybe never would be better.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

i know i'm on a break from WoW until flying is back.

This is a subject where Blizzard could learn a thing or two from Square Enix and how they handle flight in Final Fantasy XIV.

You have zone-based flight. With each new zone, you have to explore certain areas to obtain collectibles, and then you also have to complete 5 specific quests that are the tail end of a chain of quests. One of the quest chains always results in the quest being part of clearing a dungeon.

It takes what Blizzard devs have said about "explore our content we worked hard on it" as well as giving players what they want: flight.

The second thing they could learn from this is that there are literally inaccessible areas of zones unless players have flight unlocked. This introduces new quests in each zone, and more content to explore. It's a win-win for the devs and the players.

By the rate of people quitting the game, I doubt anyone cares for flying... Four months to release 8.1 in an already content light expack. Legion had the Kara revamp + Trial of Valor + lots of more class fixing after just 7 weeks compared to 4 months of fuck all in BFA.

Flying should have been unlocked through trainer BFA day one.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    when wow 1st launched remeber the little tips on the screen one read
    basically stay on the path if you want to avoid aggro.

In BFA its impossible not to get aggro even when herb gathering its like
    every single area HAS to have mobs. Its the same with Mining.
    if it wasnt so annoying would be hilarious you go through a zone being followed by 5+ mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd resub for flying. It'd make leveling alts so much better. That'd keep me busy for at least a month.

Should have been available from day 1 imo, without this silly pathfinder business they attach to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oathy View Post

if it wasnt so annoying would be hilarious you go through a zone being followed by 5+ mobs.
    This X10! I actually don't mind pathfinder and no flying but they substituted potential danger in pulling mobs with density. Danger brings a sense of immersion, density brings annoyance.
    Ideally no one has ever hit the level cap of the last expansion, looked at their dungeon blues, and thought "I win."

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch...all/chuckabear

10+ Year Old Account
    In the Void of my sou... Bah, Argentina :D
    If you don't like the game now, I doubt you will like it more far away from the ground. It will be the same game, with the same pros and cons, but you will be traveling faster from A to B.

I agree, however it is unlikely to happen. I would level alts, etc, but not on ground mounts. I currently have like 9 chars max level, 7 Horde, 2 Alliance. I have another 15 or so across both factions at 110. I am utterly bored with this expansion, and will not level another toon, until flight is added. I now only log in to do warfronts on chars that benefit from the 370 item, after that I watch old shows on netflix or amazon.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuckadoodle View Post
    This X10! I actually don't mind pathfinder and no flying but they substituted potential danger in pulling mobs with density. Danger brings a sense of immersion, density brings annoyance.
    that's exactly it.
    honestly dont think there's been one time when leveling herb gathering havent killed a mob also.
    that's just crazy.

When WoW first launched aggro range was much higher btw.

that's exactly it.
    honestly dont think there's been one time when leveling herb gathering havent killed a mob also.
    that's just crazy.
    Really? I barely need to kill mobs. I admit it feels like I have to kill more often but comon. Are you just running through all the mobs to get to the node? That's not how you do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

The problem is that even though flying would make existing content grinds more convenient, it wouldn't really address the underlying issues with BfA. The open world would still be boring as hell. None of the content would recognize that flight is a thing. All it would really do is ensure that players consumed it faster and unsubbed more quickly.

Blizzard shot themselves in the foot with Pathfinder and the entire no-flying approach. Instead of making flight something that would unlock a new aspect of the game, and breath more life and interest into an expansion during it's second half(when participation generally begins to decline), they shit all over an opportunity just to spite players because Ion personally doesn't like it and wants to stick to his tired, boring, ground-only design formula.

It wont affect the game at all,there is no reason to add it why would it help you at this point? Literally all you do is do m+ arena or raid, so it is just necessary for 2 of those .