Thread: CS:GO Goes F2P

CS:GO Goes F2P

So CS:GO is F2P now and have "prime status" for people who already owned the game or want to drop $15 to get it. They also added an 18 player battle royale mode called Danger Zone.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/cs...source=twitter

Man, I remember when Valve wasn't showing up late to the party on industry trends, those were good times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    "prime status"
    Oh man I gotta go read about this, maybe I'll play again!

Those with Prime Status are entitled to a free weapon skin
    ...nevermind

edit -- ok I poked around and it turns out, in addition to said free weapon skin, you only play with other Prime Status players and have access to Prime-exclusive drops.
    Still kind of meh, but I guess what else are they going to offer in a game like CS?
    source - https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...b8#primestatus
    Last edited by chrisnumbers; 2018-12-07 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post

...nevermind

edit -- ok I poked around and it turns out, in addition to said free weapon skin, you only play with other Prime Status players and have access to Prime-exclusive drops.
    Still kind of meh, but I guess what else are they going to offer in a game like CS?
    It’s been pretty fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Man, I remember when Valve wasn't showing up late to the party on industry trends, those were good times.
    /PoursOut40oz

Yeah. . . . . Back when Valve and Blzzard were insanely good companies. . . now they are just ....... companies.

/cry

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post

...nevermind

Only play with other prime status players? Feels like they know people are gonna hack the hell out of the game now that it's f2p...and they know there is less hacking when it has a pricetag....

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Only play with other prime status players? Feels like they know people are gonna hack the hell out of the game now that it's f2p...and they know there is less hacking when it has a pricetag....
    Prime existed long before this, and people hacked the hell out of the game long before this.

Doesn't really have much to do with it being F2P.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Prime existed long before this, and people hacked the hell out of the game long before this.

Doesn't really have much to do with it being F2P.
    Being completely free only opens up things worse...get banned? Just make a new account! No money required!

wish i could get a refund

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Being completely free only opens up things worse...get banned? Just make a new account! No money required!
    money was never a problem especially as you have to buy hack subscription i the first place

Normally, I wouldn't care. But it seems to be fairly easy to cheat in CS:GO, at least before hackers would have to drop money for each account they hacked on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Oh btw, reported, you replied faster than the run time of the video.