Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    There gonna try to have Sylvannas in some way be potrayed as a hero. Players should question the writers honestly, Sylvannas and her actions are the same as hitler. Trying to make Sylvannas look innocent/caring later on in BFA is no different then trying to prove hitler was innocent. So many retcons lately its ruining the story. So hoping Activision gets rid of Alex and Danuser and hire some decent writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Corruptus View Post
    Return of the Black Empire would make sense. It would be opportunity to revamp the world again after 10 years since Cataclysm (in case the next xpac releases in 2020).
    Personally my theory in this vein (because I agree it's potentially quite likely) is that the warfront system is being prepared to become the way we re-make the gameworld one "current content" area at a time, so that dev time used on remaking the world isn't wasted by not producing something "current" for players to do. Because we are fighting NPCs in a warfront, there is literally nothing binding warfronts to always be red vs blue. They could easily be "the alliance is exhausted, but now the horde has the resources to take a stab at claiming or holding this area," rotate every few weeks, beating back the old gods in areas not necessarily relevant to a Alliance/Horde war, but a "citizens of azeroth Vs old gods" war.

Still war. Still warcraft. AvH not required.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2018-12-08 at 07:34 AM.

Sylvanas will be kicked out of the Horde somehow, not killed, but out of the picture and will come back in a later expansion as Illidan 2.0. Illidan was brought back with a redemption story because he was key to defeating the Legion, they'll do the same with Sylvanas and the Void Lords.

She has taken too much importance as the driving force of the current storyline and they have already planted the seeds in novels (Calia).

Enviat des del meu P027 usant Tapatalk
    Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for? -- Robert Browning

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we try to stop N'Zoth and fail, he manages to corrupt Azeroth and unleash a wave of darkness over the entire planet. he uses our collected azerite to resurrect the dead old gods, who then kill over half the named NPC's who have caused them trouble in the past
    So we start with Thrall, Malfurion, the Keepers, dragons, Shado-pan and Talanji.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Alliance will have gained the Ahn'qoen (not sure of spelling, but that two legged Naga race from Nazjatar).

The Horde on the other hand gains the assistance of the Lightforged Undead that Calia brings back with her.
    I would have done this opposite. Calia is an Alliance sympatiser, so she should join the Alliance.

Nagas however, should join the Horde, because of the Highborne solidarity. Would you expect them to ally with lowborne scum? It would be possible only if Tyrande would free them from some kind of curse(there is a theory that N'zoth can insta kill any naga).
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    My sincerest hope has been that factions will go away but I don't think that's gonna happen.
    That would be the death of the Warcraft franchise. Conflict is the core of this franchise, the name is Warcraft. What good would peace between the Horde and Alliance do to that premise? Should they be happily picking flowers together? It doesn't work. Just because you want to play a Human and Orc together doesn't mean it's best for the franchise.

Last cinematic of BfA will be Thrall waking up on his throne soaked in sweat and saying "well that was a terrible nightmare".

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Just because you want to play a Human and Orc together doesn't mean it's best for the franchise.
    Actually... that's a goal for the franchise, according to Alex Afrasiabi.

And it should be a goal for WoW. MMOs aren't getting any younger, and what players that will still do a PC MMO should not be arbitrarily seperated into such hardline teams in 2019 and beyond. PVP features will always exist, they must. The alliance and horde will likely always exist, but blocking two people that meet at work and learn they are WoW players from then meeting up in game on their mains later that night in WoW is antiquated and ridiculous.
    Last edited by Omedon; 2018-12-08 at 03:54 PM.

Sylvanas must stand trial in Pandaria.

What always happens at the end of a faction is mad at each other expansion. New big bad is here and we have to get together to fight it or we die! Then guess what happens at the end of that one? No threat lets kill each other! Guess what happens at the end of that one? Tick tock tick tock tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    we try to stop N'Zoth and fail, he manages to corrupt Azeroth and unleash a wave of darkness over the entire planet. he uses our collected azerite to resurrect the dead old gods, who then kill over half the named NPC's who have caused them trouble in the past
    I'd love to see C'thun snap his tentacles.

C'thun told us, back in 2006, that our heart would explode.

So basically, before the end of this expansion, possibly even the pre-patch to Patch 9, our Hearts of Azeroth will explode.

Torn between Sylvannas is turned into the lich kings slave when she tries to steal his throne (ironic punishment) and Sylvannas is returned to life by Anduin and exiled from both Horde and Alliance. Leaning more towards the Anduin gambit as that means she can have a redemption arc and it so cliche that the Blizzard writers probably think it's an awesome idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    ugh grose. no thanks, everyone being buddies and teaming up to fight off never ending supply of big baddies is dumb as hell, i hate how the horde and alliance team up every expansion, THAT is what needs to stop. Blizz just need to write the story better, make anduin do something questionable and put the horde back onto the defensive instead of shitting all over them again and again (but muh horde favoritism!!!1!)

- - - Updated - - -

Since it ended or started? BC had some of the worst lore developments this game has seen. sylvanas was trashed pretty bad in BFA but kaelthas got it so much worse. Illidan needed a whole expansion dedicated to retconning the shit he was put through in BC, i remember trying to figure out why we were meant to kill illidan in the first place and the only explanation i found was 'lul he went insane the end'
    You mean enslaving the broken, consorting with demons, draining the water out of an entire ecosystem, creating more fel orcs. Illidan was and still is an evil prick who committed heinous crimes. That's why we killed him in BC. Legion's only change was we finally find out what he was thinking while he was doing all of that: it was all a means to an end to attack the Legion, and he considered it acceptable. Couldn't write a more cut and dried well intentioned extremist if you tried.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    We learn everything since BC has been a dream. Thrall hit his head in the shower.

Back to Northrend
    If it can happen to Steven Tyler it can happen to anyone.

Black Empire corrupts Magni with Void voodoo, Magni corrupts Azeroth with our help. Sylvanas kills one sister for another 1-Up life. Both factions are disbanded and in their place is a "united" faction and a true bad guy faction (Void/Legion/etc) supporters. With Azshara's death, N'Zoth helps the Black Empire rise again. Bolvar and Sylvanas side with the "united" faction against the Void, not altruistically. Last patch/next exp pre-patch is Void Lords entering a rift into our dimension, Malfurion dies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would have done this opposite. Calia is an Alliance sympatiser, so she should join the Alliance.

Nagas however, should join the Horde, because of the Highborne solidarity. Would you expect them to ally with lowborne scum? It would be possible only if Tyrande would free them from some kind of curse(there is a theory that N'zoth can insta kill any naga).
    I can somewhat see this, but I see potential factors for each race which cause me to believe the way I do. I've got spoilers for Before the Storm here, so I'll try to mark those out.

The first has to do with Calia. She is an Alliance Sympathizer, sure...but we've also seen her as a proper leader to the Forsaken. During the Human/Forsaken meetup in BTS, several of the undead there ask to follow her and try to defect into her care. Some of them obviously still look towards her as a leader...and while Sylvanas killed them all at the meetup, there's almost certainly more that she didn't kill that feel the same way. This to me shows that she could well be a good leader for the Forsaken once the war is done and Sylvanas is gone...and the only way they'd stay with the Horde instead of following the Dark Lady into whatever abyss would be with a strong leader who they believe in.

As for the Naga-style race (Ahn'qoen or whatever), we have to remember what was mentioned at Blizzcon. In Nazjatar, the Horde works with Gilgoblins, Makura, and Sea Giants. The Alliance specifically works with this new race. It would seem weird for that particular split to occur if the plan is for that new race to say "yeah, well we actually want to follow the Horde now." Plus, this new race from the bit they mentioned aren't specifically Naga, just Naga-like creatures brought to the point of extinction by the Naga. With the Alliance helping them in Nazjatar, they would clearly see the Alliance as a good strong bunch of friends. There's no real good reason for them to join the Horde that we've seen yet to my knowledge.

Sylvanas gets defeated, end of SoO style. Anduin has her Naaru redeemed against her will. She becomes "light undead" like Calia. She continues to lead the forsaken but the angry Sylvanas is gone in an attempt to make players on both sides happy (but will probably piss both off). Calia joins Sylvanas in Lordaeron to help keep angry sylvanas from returning.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Activision takes over blizzard and becomes new warchief
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Who made Sylvanas warchief????? Totally not N'zoth

Faction conflict explodes in 8.2. We nearly wipe each other out but then Azshara raises Nazjatar.

She Summons the Wrath of Nzoth to destroy the world

Its revealed that Sylvanas gathered azerite for this very event, to load into the goblin canon. Its fired upon the wrath. It dies, we attack Nazjatar

Sylvanas is redeemed for stopping a world consuming evil

Azshara cannot be killed by normal means. In her raid she yells "Enough!" And stuns us, but then comes Sylvanas with the Xalatath and kills her

Azsharas soul is trapped. Xalatath is disgusted that she must share space with her. Now two whispering dumbasses haunt the blade

The Cult of Ragnaros revives Ragnaros. He is infused with Nzoths power and beats the shit out of the other elemental lords

All the elemental lords are morphed into one, creating the first Twilight elemental.

Ragnaros takes his elemental army and assaults N'zoths prison in the 8.3 Raid. We Defeat ragnaros by unleashing the energies of the black blade

But its too late. Nzoth is free! Nzoth is literally so huge he becomes the new Island for the 8.4 raid and content

8.4 has two new dungeons where we must assault Ahnqiraj and Ulduar as the twilights try to free the other old gods but fail

8.4 Raid is inside Nzoth. The last boss is his heart. Since we decide we cant kill him else we get the Sha again, the death lords plan ahead

The Lich king, Bwonsamdi, Helya and Eyir Infuse all of their powers into Sylvanas. She Banishes Nzoth to the shadow lands, and goes with it.

Sylvanas becomes Nzoths Jailor. Nathanos becomes the leader of the forsaken.

Next Expansion we find out Kel'thuzad killed Bolvar since he was too weak to defend himself after giving his powers to Sylvanas.

This Starts... THE KING AWAKENS. Featuring a revamped Northrend. When Azshara raised land masses, she also added to Northrend
    An'u belore delen'na

It would be really freaking cool if Sylvanas is not crazy at all and actually burned Teldrassil in order to impress N'Zoth and forge an alliance with him, then betrays him and saves the day. Maybe she is emulating Azshara's ruthlessness since that impressed him before. Either way, with all the twists that modern TV shows have, you would think some big reveal is coming.
    Last edited by Tangra; 2018-12-09 at 01:43 AM.