Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 1 of 42
... LastLast

Is BFA or WoD the worst expansion?

I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.

well....i was still playing during WoD

and i liked how my classes played...so...

fuck i miss WoD

thats not good

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    for me BFA, at least in WoD most of the classes/specs were fun to play and the zones were interesting. BFA has no redeeming qualities. Cant wait for classic

BFA, I'd take Ashran any day over all the gimmicks from this expansion.
    Though if Island Expeditions had a better drop rate for cosmetics then that wouldn't be too bad I guess.

7+ Year Old Account
    BFA hands down is seriously the worst expansion to date, WoD looks amazing in comparison.

Hard to say, expansion isn't over yet, so maybe it has a turn later on. But if the entire expansion is like it has been now, with more "content" patches like 8.1, then absolutely 100% WoD was better.

Well, at least in BfA we still have M+.
    In WoD all we had outside raids was a Facebook game

WoD was. BFA has about the same amount of content the entire WoD expansion had, and we're still only in the launch patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    Hard to say, expansion isn't over yet, so maybe it has a turn later on. But if the entire expansion is like it has been now, with more "content" patches like 8.1, then absolutely 100% WoD was better.
    We get a patch with two new raids, a new pvp season, two new islands, and an extention of the storyline campaign and you play the "content" card? Dear God what will it take to satisfy you?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Without the prospect of legendaries i find mythic+ to be a chore outside of shooting for at least a 8-10 key for the week. In Legion I'd do mythic+ all day didnt matter the level to help out the hommies or to just farm legends, now ... hard pass. Also the dungeons in Legion were probably 10x better than BFA

Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    And apexis dailies, pet battle tamers galore, dungeons including the new mythic version, challenge modes, a huge outdoor zone with tons of rares to kill for goodies every day. But yeah. Let's ignore all of that and pretent there was nothing to do so we can keep the hate train fueled.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Without the prospect of legendaries i find mythic+ to be a chore outside of shooting for at least a 8-10 key for the week. In Legion I'd do mythic+ all day didnt matter the level to help out the hommies or to just farm legends, now ... hard pass
    Didn't even know you could get legendaries from M+. I got all mine from emissaries, a few from random chests and world bosses, and the last few right before Argus came out from the vendor. And I play a druid so I had more leggos to get than anyone. Had them all before Argus.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    WotLK and WoD are still tied... But BfA is not far behind..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-12-07 at 06:03 AM.

BC was the worst expansion, so little to do.

But remember the one constant in 10 years on this forum:

1. The current expansion is the worst
    2. The best expansion is in the past
    3. The next expansion will suck

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    And apexis dailies, pet battle tamers galore, dungeons including the new mythic version, challenge modes, a huge outdoor zone with tons of rares to kill for goodies every day. But yeah. Let's ignore all of that and pretent there was nothing to do so we can keep the hate train fueled.

You forgot the selfie cam, and twitter integration XD

at least with warlords i had a reason to log in everyday and that xpac made me millions in gold and i really did care where the story was going even though we got next to nothing in content patches.

I really dont wanna judge BfA until its all finished but right now i would rather play warlords again cause at least the leveling up was fun.

As little that WoD had, at least it had strong class identity and good raid content. With BFA we have a bunch of terrible systems trying to make up for quality with quantity and it's not working, especially with a terrible raid like Uldir and the worst class balance of any expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    I think you're smoking the hate weed a little bit too strongly. Anyone can easily boil down an expansion, even Wrath, into just two sentences, deliberately leaving out nearly most of what was actually there, and have people who know nothing of the game thinking it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    1) Apexis dailies? Seriously?

2) As expected BfA has nothing pet related at all, right right?

3) Mythics are a thing in BfA. So are "challenge modes" called Mythic+.

4) Tons of rares to kill for shitty drop rates. That's repeatable content right there.

Oh yeah, and WoD had a facebook game for free gold and prizes.
    And a selfie patch.

But if You want to die on the hill of Apexis dailies being "amazing content" then be my guest. I can't cure bad taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    As of yet, still think WoD is worse...but only time will tell.