Poll: Worst expansion: BFA or WoD?

Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    WoD > BfA as the poll displays is correct.

Anyone who thinks lack of content is a worse offense than terrible game and class design is not being honest with themselves. I’d rather play a better game in limited time than play a bad game that encourages constant play. I really don’t feel that it’s so outlandish to say BfA is truly the worst expansion.

Because it is. It really, really is. It’s trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    WoD > BfA as the poll displays is correct.

Anyone who thinks lack of content is a worse offense than terrible game and class design is not being honest with themselves. I’d rather play a better game in limited time than play a bad game that encourages constant play. I really don’t feel that it’s so outlandish to say BfA is truly the worst expansion.

Because it is. It really, really is. It’s trash.
    Yep, sadly... really really sadly, I agree with all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    It’s really a quantity vs quality argument. BFA is worst in terms of quality but WOD is worse in terms of quantity.

I remember describing Legion when it ended as being a combination of bests and worsts - they did a great job keeping content flowing but the systems like legendaries were so frustrating that it took a lot of the fun out. BFA is the same but because the content is largely a repeat of Legion, the flaws in the systems stand out more than ever, especially when you are in pruning.

I played a guardian in Legion from launch, and between Legion and BFA I lost:

My ability to kite
    My biggest dps cooldown
    Almost all of my self healing, and made it dumber (flat % instead of damage taken)
    Massively nerfed my armor based active mitigation

They took an already pretty basic spec and turned it into a meatshield. It’s gross.
    Too me, BFA is Legion but the worst parts of Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    Without the prospect of legendaries i find mythic+ to be a chore outside of shooting for at least a 8-10 key for the week. In Legion I'd do mythic+ all day didnt matter the level to help out the hommies or to just farm legends, now ... hard pass. Also the dungeons in Legion were probably 10x better than BFA
    I never realized how much content I did for legendaries. Now all this extra tacked on content feels not worth it at all and I don't have time to raid so...

For me, they can add all they want to BFA, but I'd still pick WOD. Why? because I actually ENJOYED my classes back then. I tried every single class this expansion desperately searching for one that I found fun because I no longer enjoyed my main of 11 years (hunter, I liked ranged survival, it's been downhill since legion but at least in legion MM was passable for me, also Hati :3). The best time I've ever had with my hunter was in WoD, meaning that's one of the top expansions for me regardless of all of its obvious shortcomings.

WOD was the issue of loving my class with not enough to do.

BFA is the issue of loads of stuff to do, but I don't enjoy playing any of the classes enough to want to do any of it.

I've never stayed subbed for an entire expansion since MoP, but I've never unsubbed faster than I did in bfa. I was ready to quit after the first week.

The beta for BFA was the first beta that killed my hype for an expansion's launch instead of raised it, and I've played every beta since wotlk.
    Last edited by Kurve1776; 2018-12-12 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Neither-Cata was far worse than either.
    While Cata had a larger amount of content than WoD I still consider it the worst so far, but even in Cata and WoD I bought the expansion and played sometime, in BfA outside of beta and free trial I haven´t even considered getting the expansion and by the current state of the game and future content that has been promised I will skip this one completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Why the fuck do we have this thread when you can use mine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    I was surprised to see that BFA has a 3.1 user score on metacritic (not that those are to be taken super serious anyway) while WoD has a 5.

I'm curious what MMO-C thinks. What's worse? BFA or WoD?

For me: WoD still is bad even though BFA is getting closer and closer to it.
    No need. My thread already settled this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post
    That's not what happened with Warlords, though.

A great many announced plans were just abandoned for no obvious reason, other than they couldn't be fucked. The fact that it only got two raiding tiers after taking forever past Orgrimmar to arrive, and forever to arrive at Legion, just made everything even worse.

So long as BfA doesn't do that, it cannot drop below Warlords.
    I quit full time raiding in WoD, so lack of raid tiers, though there was 3 different raids, doesn't make or break WoD for me. Whether raiding or not, it's about stuff to do, WoD gave me stuff to do, and the Garrisons specifically where not a let down, but a surprise enjoyment. Again, I don't care what is "promised" during the pre-lease hype phase. I only judge what is delivered. I don't care that 10 raid tiers and magic pony rides are promised and got cut.

I'm not saying WoD was awesome, I just don't view it as terrible, I don't view any of the Xpacs as terrible. They all had their pros and cons and I liked some more than others. I still think it is too early to declare BFA worst ever, though it's possible that they add more stuff and most of it is just blah like IEs and Warfronts. Raids alone won't make or break BFA, because WoD had great raids.

After 8.1. BFA is much worse than Wod
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

This may be the first expansion I skip all together. Maybe when it's on sale near the end of the expansion so I can start the next one on release day.

I actually had fun in wod
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Hands down BfA is worse, mainly for one very important thing. The class feel.

Yes BfA has better designed content, nicer zones, better quests system, Mythic + dungeons, etc...are better in BfA.

But the BfA classes feel gutted, generic, hollow, and zero fun to play. At least in WoD my character was still a bad ass and FUN to play.

There is not even a comparison between them... WOD is miles away from this major patch of legion called BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Anyone voting for BFA either has memory loss or is just unable or unwilling to be objective.

WoD 6.1 had Garrison updates, BE model update, and twitter integration.
    WoD 6.2 had Tanaan, HFC, and the Shipyard.

That was literally all of the meaningful new content WoD had to offer from November 13, 2014 to July 19, 2016.

Next week, BFA will have already had more content in its first four months than WoD had in nearly two years.

Get real, people.
    And yet, it's still garbage.

WoD had the benefit of coasting on whatever they didn't manage to dismantle from MoP. BfA is the victim of now 3 consecutive xpacs of bad class design. So even though the content is being produced, it isn't enjoyable. Also azerite = aids.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Not to mention the sheer amount of content that was scrapped or watered down before WoD even launched.
    I still think it's quite odd what happened to WoD? Why did Blizzard cut so much stuff? WoD looked like half an expansion rather than a finished product.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

I enjoyed Tanaan. I enjoy nothing in BFA

BfA purely for Azerite. It's fucking dreadful to design classes around these items when they don't change gameplay

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    I still think it's quite odd what happened to WoD? Why did Blizzard cut so much stuff? WoD looked like half an expansion rather than a finished product.
    They said they greatly miscalculated how long it would take to get all their new employees trained and integrated into their workplace, which slowed them way down when they swore they would be faster with all the new hires. I don't know if that was the case or not, obviously, but there was clearly a point where they decided to put their eggs in the Legion basket and abandoned WoD.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Deleted
    I had great fun in Wod, was one of the last in my guild to stop playing. Never bought Bfa, no interest in a Wow without PvP gear and servers.

WoD was an unfinished product which is unacceptable.

However, the new content/systems which BFA has brought to the game are ridiculous + they have destryed many specs. Classes were playing fine in MoP and WoD so why did they have to change them so much.