Mythic+ Seasons makes Catch-up mechanic going out of hand

What the title suggests.

I personally hate Catch-up mechanic, they invalidate the hard work people put in the earlier stage of the expansion, yet, I understand they are a "necessary evil" (So to speak) for the good health of the game because it feels intimidating to go through multiple tiers just to gear up and be able to reach the final tier. Having a catch-up mechanic encourages people to come back and not feel they are terribly behind.

Yet, with the state of Mythic+ Seasons, it becomes necessary to scale loots every 6months with the release of new raid. In 1 month time with the release of Battle for Dazar'alor raid, base Mythic Dungeon will reward 370 gear, and Mythic+2 Cache will reward 380 gear, which we can only get right now doing Mythic+10.

As a result, I don't see the point of progress my character at all. For all the hardwork, I get to enjoy the power for about 4months (I am not hardcore enough to kill M10 or Mythic raid in the first month or so), before the next M+ season kicks in and every newly lvled 120 has equal or even better gear doing 10% of the work.

I miss the days where I get to enjoy the power for 2 whole years, 1 year is fine too, but now 6months (Or less) just doesn't feel worth the effort.

Deleted
    People literally cry about everything in this game now...

What expansion did you play where you had no ilvl increase for 2 years?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by nothingsjim View Post
    What the title suggests.

I personally hate Catch-up mechanic, they invalidate the hard work people put in the earlier stage of the expansion, yet, I understand they are a "necessary evil" (So to speak) for the good health of the game because it feels intimidating to go through multiple tiers just to gear up and be able to reach the final tier. Having a catch-up mechanic encourages people to come back and not feel they are terribly behind.

Yet, with the state of Mythic+ Seasons, it becomes necessary to scale loots every 6months with the release of new raid. In 1 month time with the release of Battle for Dazar'alor raid, base Mythic Dungeon will reward 370 gear, and Mythic+2 Cache will reward 380 gear, which we can only get right now doing Mythic+10.

As a result, I don't see the point of progress my character at all. For all the hardwork, I get to enjoy the power for about 4months (I am not hardcore enough to kill M10 or Mythic raid in the first month or so), before the next M+ season kicks in and every newly lvled 120 has equal or even better gear doing 10% of the work.

I miss the days where I get to enjoy the power for 2 whole years, 1 year is fine too, but now 6months (Or less) just doesn't feel worth the effort.
    Well you either adapt with the times or fall behind. Your choice richmon.

I mean this goes back all the way to BC when they removed attunements and added the justice vendor on the island that gave sunwell gear.

The game is ever evolving. Nothing is final and everything becomes obsolete. My mythic Argus gear started getting replaced around level 116.

If you want to play a game for the loot but don't want catchup mechanisms i'd recommend a single player game.

5+ Year Old Account
    What the title suggests.

While I'm not really a fan of catchup mechanics (or rather of how prevalent they seem to be since at least Cata), I understand that they are a necessary evil, because without them, you'd be just SoL if you join late(r) in the xpac. Especially when every new patch pretty much invalidates anything from the previous one. It would be like joining mid BC; you need to run Kara to start gearing up yourself, but, unlike in BC, these days there would be no one to run it with.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

This game would be pretty dumb without catchup gear. People are not going to farm the old raids to gear up to the current one especially down the road when the raid after next comes out.

If you are only doing stuff for items and do not enjoy it.. you should probably not do that. If you are enjoying the content it shouldn't matter that better gear will come out in a later patch.

Wait, what? Source for this? I was under the impression that they would just scale the rewards above M10 capping at 370 like it does now (and 380 for the chest)