Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    I cannot help but notice the 'classic is the best WoW it ever will be' crowd is awfully concerned about what's gonna happen after classic

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    I cannot help but notice the 'classic is the best WoW it ever will be' crowd is awfully concerned about what's gonna happen after classic
    Basically this. People with the rose colored glasses wanted Vanilla desperately, but are now already concerned with what is at the end of Vanilla? I thought Vanilla was the goal, you clear Naxx you won take your screenshot and reroll. The most i can think they will do after Naxx launch is after a period create a seasonal race mode, every year reset to let players attempt the race again. I mean, these people will be clearing Naxx over 14 years after it launched the first time, so the accomplishment is whatever, so how much worse to the prestige of the accomplishment would it be to have Naxx "Firsts" repeat every year.

Also classic should be treated like replaying a game from the 90s. You pop it in, play it, and when it's done it's done. Start again or move on to something different. If they were really confident that it was going to generate a ton of revenue they would of gave it its own sub cost, but baking it into Retail cost means that they are playing it safe. They can report whatever numbers they want to investors about adoption of classic, if they want to support it they can say 70% of retail players are also playing classic, but if they feel it is a burden they can report a lesser percentage and no one will be the wiser, only they would have the true numbers.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Post Naxx farm, easy you PvP. It is vanilla. Maybe in the future they add TBC servers, but there won't be new content for Vanilla, you might want to accept that reality.

This is easy money for them in hopes of increasing sub numbers with the most minimal amount of Development time. Post-Naxx is PvP or retail at this point with a possible TBC if this makes enough money and they actually want to bother with it as retail winds down.

I just hope naxx lasts longer than it did back in the days when content release rate was so high that many guilds couldn't keep up with progression, having only 3 kills in naxx40 haunts my dreams since tbc came out
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Deleted
    Second that. No more content, plx!

My one wish for Classic if for Blizzard to not waste development and money to create new real content, new zones and raids. That should strictly be for retail.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Other than doing nothing the most likely option is them rebalancing and fixing big mistakes made in tbc and wotlk. New content would be great but I just don't see them investing in that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    My one wish for Classic if for Blizzard to not waste development and money to create new real content, new zones and raids. That should strictly be for retail.

I agree, it would be a waste to use that time and money on the sink hole that is retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Yet the teams will be completely different I'm sure, so this point is highly moot. It's not like WoW's current dev team (If they haven't pruned down developers) is already around 500 employees strong JUST for retail. There is no way they'd ever siphon retail workers unless classic did so well that they needed immediate development help... Which probably won't happen, they'd just hire new people in, maybe shuffle some developers around and figure that out.

The paranoia that retail will suffer if classic does well is baffling.

I dont mind new stuff as long as it is post naxx and still lvl 60. TBC wont happen, TBC would be entirely new servers with copy character.

10+ Year Old Account
    just like single player games, wow can be replayed by creating a new file (alt).

if vanilla is a financial success, you can be sure that they'll release servers for each expansions.

and they'll make each expansions cycle through its content every 2 years and forever.

with a paid copy or transfer service that converts your character to any server that you want to play on.

I bet there'll be enough demand for more than 0 cata or wod realms