Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Question All time best trinkets?

Killing time between patches, and thinking of building twink sets for TW. Yeah, I know we don't really need twink sets for TW, but it's kind of fun to look through old sets, old legendaries, and old trinkets and building the perfect storm.

Which trinkets are your all time favorites?
    • Ranged Int
    • Ranged Agi
    • Melee Agi
    • Melee Str
    • Tanking
    • Healing

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Draught of Souls
    Luffa
    Deathbringer's Will
    Barrov Peasant Caller

And that C'thun tentacle one was at least aesthetically fun.
    Last edited by ReD-EyeD; 2018-11-29 at 03:57 PM.

Whispers in the Dark.

15+ Year Old Account
    Heroic Death Bringer's Will and Dragonspine Trophy will always have special places for me.

Deathbringer's Will all the way. Still remember how happy i was when i finally got it.

Deleted
    Shard of Woe prenerf was quite op for Healers (and Arcane Mages)

how the hell do i pick one?

Uhm, i guess Prophecy of fear for the mage.
    Definetly Soulcapacitator for my rogue.

But theres been so many cool ones. Shard of woe, whispers in the dark, unerring vision of lei shen, rune of reorigiantion.

Deleted
    Best tank trinket: Libram of Vindication https://www.wowhead.com/item=124518/...ion&bonus=1801
    Best mage arcane trinket: Prophecy of Fear
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=124230/...ear&bonus=1801
    Last edited by mmoc94e7fe7506; 2018-11-29 at 04:12 PM.

Unerring vision of Lei Shen prenerf was ridiculous for casters (especially warlocks if memory serves).

I really enjoyed Gorshalach, while it was only good in AoE the concept of seeing stacks build up and when it proced it did a small animation with tiny dmg to warn you that the big nuke was coming so it was possible to take a second to position correctly to make the real proc hit everything right. It changed how I played and felt really satisfying. On top of that my combat dmg addon puts all dmg from the same source/time together so it showed one fucking giant number, fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deathbringer's Will takes the cake. Also, the rage I would see in pvp from Vial of Shadows was hilarious.

Deleted
    Arcanocrystal for anything in any situation in Legion. iirc it was BiS for most specs, even when being 40+ ilvls lower than current content.

Gnomish Deathray. It was quite fun to gouge/blind then 1 shot someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loved these in TBC

Dragonspine Trophy
    Madness of the Betrayer
    Tsunami Talisman
    Last edited by Jebiga; 2018-11-29 at 04:33 PM.
    “Without data, you're just another person with an opinion.” - William Deming

Soul Capacitor
    Enabled a ton of decisionmaking and display of skill, although obviously very RNG as well. It allowed you to funnel AoE damage into 1 target(think Enh in M+, the super fast Tyrant kill where they pre-charged Capacitors on trash, Mannoroth imps) and was powerful enough to alter your rotational decisions to some extent.

Convergence of Fates/Assurance of Consequence/Evil Eye of Galakras/Vial of Living Corruption
    Especially AoC/EEoG altered your rotation noticeably, and all of them allowed you to alter timings for your CDs to better fit the fight.

Prophecy of Fear
    Altered how you used your spells when it procced, making pooling certain procs(like Arcane Missiles) more important.

Deathbringer's Will
    Just a cool effect with the different transformations. Also very powerful and it felt really good to finally get it.

Unerring Vision of Lei-Shen
    Huge impact snapshotting in general had big gameplay impact, and this one is probably the best example of it. Also one of the few crit procs that actually felt good, because you were guaranteed to actually get value out of it, where with regular crit proc trinkets you might still just not crit during it.

Whispers in the Dark
    Cool concept with the upside/downside.

Everblooming Frond
    For the spec I played at the time, it was very strong, and the best part was that if it procced again while it was already up, you kept the higher stacks. Heavily RNG, obviously, but that aspect was quite cool. I think Unending Hunger worked the same way, from memory.

Most of the Archimonde trinkets
    Cool idea to have essentially extra set bonuses on 1 slot, a bit like what azerite does now(except I'd argue the Archimonde trinkets were overall much more interesting), although a lot of them were just tuned so high that they were just used for every situation. The WW one also had some interaction with the set bonuses of that tier, which was quite cool.

Shard of Woe
    Reducing the mana cost for healers was nice and all, but I liked it because of what it did for Arcane. It fundamentally altered how aggressive you could be with your mana, which was pretty neat.

Thok's Tail Tip/Purified Bindings of Immerseus/Prismatic Prison of Pride/Haromm's Talisman/Kardris' Toxic Totem
    Stat sticks done right. They did essentially "just" give stats, but the way they did it was more interesting(and in the latter cases, the stats they gave were "new").

Engine of Eradication
    Neat way of doing a regular stat proc trinket, with the (sometimes a bit annoying or dangerous) minigame of picking up the orbs, but not to the same extreme degree as certain similar effects.

Acrid Catalyst Injector
    A hybrid between stat proc and stat stick, also done in a pretty neat way.

I probably missed some, and didn't include ones from before I started playing in Wrath. The common trend is that the trinkets either altered how you played(either when they procced or at all times) or were neat/interesting takes on the generic stat stick and stat proc trinket types.

Turns out I forgot about Rune of Re-Origination, which completely altered how you wanted to allocate your stats.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2018-11-29 at 04:30 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's still obtainable ..... but https://www.wowhead.com/item=19024/arena-grand-master was always a favorite of mine.
    They've since changed it for scaling, but in Vanilla would consistently absorb around 1k+.
    Was a BIS for twinks, especially casters/healers, during Vanilla & BC ?

Not only was the buff nice, but the journey to getting the trinket was awesome. Had to fight for it.
    Wasn't uncommon to see a dozen or so 60's fight & camp for the arena chest (on my PVP server). Multiple groups would farm this for guild twinks & what nawt ...

Edit: Wasn't a unique item either. In the past there were several twinks on my server that ran double.
    I only ever got one, but that was at 60.
    Last edited by J012D4N; 2018-11-29 at 04:21 PM.

Cunning of the Cruel / Vial of Shadows ( pre-nerf )

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftExE View Post
    Unerring vision of Lei Shen prenerf was ridiculous for casters (especially warlocks if memory serves).
    Yep that was crazy for demo warlocks , %100 chance crit for doom was awesome.

Shard Of Woe was pretty awesome too , i didn't take it off until i hit level 90 on my mage.
    DBW had some cool visuals but i didn't really enjoy the RNG that came with it.
    Amplifier trinkets from SoO were great too , i remember some prot palas using two of them and going doing crazy dmg with vengeance stacking up.
    Prophecy Of Fear is still the worst trinket i've ever seen , not because of the trinket itself but mostly because of how it interacted with prismatic crystal.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

10+ Year Old Account
    TOEP and ZHC before the trinket nerf.

POM Pyro 1 shots died that day.

Also the Timbermaw Trinket that summons a Maw for you

On monk it was the trinket that would change all my secondaries to mastery in MoP, that was nice to min max your character and get those great burst moments. And on my priest I loved the shadowbolt volley trinket just for the cool visual. On warlock the haste proc from Legion was great fun.