Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)

Normal/Heroic/Mythic Raid Caches, what happened to them?

As the title states, what happened to the Raid Caches we used to get from the Mission Table since WoD? Blizzard made Personal Loot a requirement claiming this would increase gear drops on an overall level, but then they remove caches and reduce weekly bonus rolls by 1. Feels like less gear, especially since Azerite pieces are pretty scarce and an additional source would surely help (especially now that M+ caches will also no longer drop Azerite gear, only currency you’re gonna have to wait on to accumulate).

Does anyone remember Blizzard explaining this change and what they were thinking when it was made?

One of the few good changes in BfA. Fuck follower missions.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

The uldir version of those are in the game files too, they just never used them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well never used as mission rewards at least, can get hc and normal versions from the weekly events.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    One of the few good changes in BfA. Fuck follower missions.
    Except they’re still present, but they made them worse since the most worthwhile missions are gone. Can’t do gold missions (not for any worthwhile amount, anyway) and you can’t do Raid Cache missions. Makes me wonder why they kept the table missions at all. I guess now that they’re so trivial you can opt to not do them at all, but it seems to go against design philosophy to create a system people have almost no incentive to use. I thought Blizzard typically had more purpose for things they design.

Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Except they’re still present, but they made them worse since the most worthwhile missions are gone. Can’t do gold missions (not for any worthwhile amount, anyway) and you can’t do Raid Cache missions. Makes me wonder why they kept the table missions at all. I guess now that they’re so trivial you can opt to not do them at all, but it seems to go against design philosophy to create a system people have almost no incentive to use. I thought Blizzard typically had more purpose for things they design.
    people wanted them gone. so they made them completely unnecessary. and now people complain they dont get free shit.

After hitting revered with CoA, the only semi-relevant ones are AP, so you can pretty safely ignore them, just like pet battles. Only took them like 5 years to get to that point.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really see them as a bad thing in the past. It was one of those things where you could actually track when your next mission would pop up. It was only an issue for alts as you needed to gear up your followers. I don't care either way if they stay gone or come back, gear is easy enough to obtain.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    people wanted them gone. so they made them completely unnecessary. and now people complain they dont get free shit.
    The last time I saw anyone complain about them was that they were tied to the story.
    Which was during Warlords that it was a huge complaint about how much it had to be managed.
    I didn't see any complaints about it during Legion besides that again, it was tied to the story.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    it's almost like those "people" are not a hivemind

imagine that

Blizz forgot them probably.

They couldn't just remove them outright, they are phasing it out slowly from existence.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As the title states, what happened to the Raid Caches we used to get from the Mission Table since WoD? Blizzard made Personal Loot a requirement claiming this would increase gear drops on an overall level, but then they remove caches and reduce weekly bonus rolls by 1. Feels like less gear, especially since Azerite pieces are pretty scarce and an additional source would surely help (especially now that M+ caches will also no longer drop Azerite gear, only currency you’re gonna have to wait on to accumulate).

Does anyone remember Blizzard explaining this change and what they were thinking when it was made?
    Did we get missions for EN? I thought that system came in at Nighthold, for Legion at least - I know WoD was different but it only had 3 raids as opposed to Legions 5, so the same thing might kick in when BoD hits

Probably removed because you get free items from warfronts now.

They felt too much free loot already, no other reason to just give 2 seals too

You get a free mythic item each week from doing a +10. I guess that's how you get them now.

If memory serves, EN did not have missions, neither did ToV, but Nighthold had them. Maybe they will enable them for Dazar'alor which is the Nighthold equivalent.

Or perhaps they figure there's enough sources of gear as it is.

Yeah, they changed this because players said so. Another change because of the player base. First character progression was too hard in Legion(artifact, leggos etc) so blizz listened, and nerfed it to hell and gave us azerite armor, missions got the same treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    If memory serves, EN did not have missions, neither did ToV, but Nighthold had them. Maybe they will enable them for Dazar'alor which is the Nighthold equivalent.

Or perhaps they figure there's enough sources of gear as it is.
    EN did have missions. I still got a few quests on some of my alts :P

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, they changed this because players said so. Another change because of the player base. First character progression was too hard in Legion(artifact, leggos etc) so blizz listened, and nerfed it to hell and gave us azerite armor, missions got the same treatment.

- - - Updated - - -

EN did have missions. I still got a few quests on some of my alts :P
    Well screw me then. Only argument I have left is that, with Warfronts offering free Heroic gear, the M+ cache and the new Azerite vendor, they don't feel a raid cache is relevant anymore, or want to disincentive follower tables. Both of which I'm fine with.

i don't think they can implement it, with warfronts offering heroic ilvl gear, with 2 warfronts + the cache system, that would be around 3 high ilvl rewards a fortnight for no effort, will really distort the curve