Deleted

M G'huun and spreading

My 'team' likes to tunnel a lot and if you don't call to spread they just won't. But ranting aside:

Is there a trick one can use to make spreading easier for melee when they're on the big add? Because it feels similar to having to spread for orb on Myhtrax when the add was up; it's a clusterfuck of people running in random directions.

Do you have any tips for melee who need to spread for the wave but need to also focus down the big add? Maybe it's the only way but I'm tired of seeing people bunched up that don't bother to move out.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    If your melee can't be bothered to spread, they will die, simple as that. Even if you make it past phase two, you'll be destroyed in phase 3, with damage spiraling out of control far too early.

There's no real "trick" to it, other than remembering that boss doesn't cleave, so they can safely run toward his mouth when necessary. You can assign them some spots to spread, but it has to be only a rough pointers - otherwise, they'll run into boils and get mind controlled. Just a rough "X goes left front, Y goes left back". Just keep reminding them that extra stacks in phase two might be "easily" healable, but this is far more punishing in the final phase. Just because they "survived" at this point, doesn't mean they didn't make mistakes. These dots add up quickly and draining your healers mana on entirely avoidable damage will wipe you.

Your melee knows how to spread, otherwise you'd never make it past Fetid... or even Zek'voz. They're just lazy or underestimate the damage the stacks do. If telling them doesn't work, they'll learn it shortly after entering phase 3 and dying after couple waves, while boss is still at 10% and bloodlust just ran out.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2018-12-07 at 12:42 PM.

What do you mean trick? You use a weakaura and spread correctly. If these people aren't capable of spreading they sure as hell won't be able to do p3.

It sounds like you are either bringing players that are not good enough to clear mythic or that your fuild is terribly ill-prepared.

Mythic G’huun never runs enough melee classes to have this be an issue if you have a proper setup. You won’t really use any melee outside a demon hunter and warrior for their raid buff and debuff on boss. If you have more than 4-5 melee dps you should look into fixing your setup first and foremost. Other than that, post-nerf there is no need for everyone to swap to the add, especially since you don’t clear stacks on everyone without the beam killing the add more than once.

Considering how many people are constantly running sides and that you don’t need to have all dps on the add it sounds like you desperately need to either do as I said and fix your your comp, or if thats not an issue instead look at how you organize who is where at any given time.

Quote Originally Posted by eolthedarkelf View Post
    My 'team' likes to tunnel a lot and if you don't call to spread they just won't. But ranting aside:

Is there a trick one can use to make spreading easier for melee when they're on the big add? Because it feels similar to having to spread for orb on Myhtrax when the add was up; it's a clusterfuck of people running in random directions.

Do you have any tips for melee who need to spread for the wave but need to also focus down the big add? Maybe it's the only way but I'm tired of seeing people bunched up that don't bother to move out.
    we killed it with 6 melees. the trick is to have only 4 melees on adds. when the weak aura tells you to spread, you do and get back to the add.
    we had the add cast twice once, the rest it died just before second cast.

weak aura: https://wago.io/BynDRVL9X