Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Point me to even ONE thread demanding the removal of badge vendors.

    I'm willing to bet you can't find a single one, because this is absolute horse crap. Hell, we went without Valor Points for ONE EXPANSION and Blizzard touted it as a grand return when they decided to add valor points as an upgrade currency for a patch because people hated not having it so much.
    Those forums have been wiped twice by Blizz, so it is unlikely that someone can post a link to them.

    I do remember those threads demanding the removal of badge vendors. "Welfare gear" they cried. I loved the badge system as I was able to get a fairly high iLevel (Gearscore back in those days) just by consistent grinding of dungeons. But some people believe that only high level raiders should have high level gear. I never agreed with that school of thought.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    How about when they bring back badges and the best pieces take weeks to get. You are ok with that right? i mean, who would complain about that.
    Yes, I would be okay with that. Because I would know that my work would be rewarded. Right now, I can put in months of effort and get nothing.

  2. #242
    The Lightbringer Molis's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    3,054
    Instead of a currency to buy targeted Azerite gear we should have gotten a new mailbox that opens daily and mails you gear.

    Thats what I get from this opinion piece.

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Now that is useful feedback.

    I haven't played the PTR, but I'm curious what could be done to improve the 8.1 changes, which seem to be made specifically to address what you're describing. I've heard for example that the titan residuum should be dropped from more sources, would that help? What is the average time it takes, with similar effort, to obtain progression towards good azerite gear?
    I have nary a clue. I know they're highly invested in trying to draw out play time with RNG mechanics.

    I bet adding the Titan Residuum left a taste in their mouth.

  4. #244
    Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ...location, location!
    Posts
    15,493
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Screw retail, private servers are the way to go.
    Listen, as someone who actually enjoyed my time on a private server a couple years ago, it was not in any way ideal. The constant rollbacks and restarts, and then everything eventually falling apart because the leaders had some bullshit drama and a couple were trying to work with gold farmers for $$$? No thank you. I'd rather not start somewhere, lose all progress, and then have to start over every 6 months or so.

  5. #245
    Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Some where in Europe
    Posts
    1,406
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    You didn't understand it at all it seems.

    I am upset that this new system not only trolls us for doing what we were told to be doing for months now (grinding mulitple pieces of azerite gear) but then slaps us in the face with these ridiculous costs for gear we actually get to choose / want that are only affordable by doing things that we may not want to be doing to progress.

    I for one do not enjoy Mythic+ grinding or breaking my skull against raid encounters I have to have stupid feasts, flasks, pots and other expensive time-sinking crap for, with openly hostile PUGs / frustrated guild raiders. I'd rather be able to craft or discover azerite armor out in the world than run through a dungeon listening to people being awful to each other. But nope. Can't do that! Gotta keep that subscription going with OUR way of doing things, or you can just not play at all.
    i dont understand? u want the highest loot from raiding or mythic + without raiding and doing mythic +?

    how entitled can u be?

  6. #246
    Epic! HordeFanboy's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Not Shilling for Blizzard
    Posts
    1,509
    Retail wow is like the ship from the Alien series, it can't be fixed and it must be destroyed.
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

  7. #247
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I take it you didn't bother to even read anything of the conversation going on. We were arguing FACTS that I proved him wrong at every turn. Before you jump into a conversation that doesn't involve you, you might want to take the time to actually read what's being said.
    I did, 3 pages back. Nothing constructive whatsoever.

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I did, 3 pages back. Nothing constructive whatsoever.
    We were debating facts, not opinions, so obviously you didn't read anything. And for some reason felt the need to jump into a conversation that had nothing to do with you and be disrespectful.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    We were debating facts, not opinions, so obviously you didn't read anything. And for some reason felt the need to jump into a conversation that had nothing to do with you and be disrespectful.
    It was because you were disrespectful. Telling people they are white-knight trash when they don't agree with you is, you know, disrespectful. And you didn't only do it once, but three times.

    Learn some respect before you start calling out others for being disrespectful.

    And anyone can jump in whenever they want to join the discussion.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It was because you were disrespectful. Telling people they are white-knight trash when they don't agree with you is, you know, disrespectful. And you didn't only do it once, but three times.

    Learn some respect before you start calling out others for being disrespectful.
    They don't have to agree with me, but in this situation if you're not agreeing with the FACTS, you are white knighting a garbage system, which is exactly what I said. I didn't call him trash, I said he's a white knight defending trash systems.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except you're the one failing, I've proven you wrong at every turn you attempt(and fail) to take. So yes, you are an actual White Knight defending Blizzard for absolutely trash systems.
    There's the proof, you might want to learn how to read a whole post before make a rant about disrespect, when you're the only person being disrespectful right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    They don't have to agree with me, but in this situation if you're not agreeing with the FACTS, you are white knighting a garbage system, which is exactly what I said. I didn't call him trash, I said he's a white knight defending trash systems.



    There's the proof, you might want to learn how to read a whole post before make a rant about disrespect, when you're the only person being disrespectful right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Your argument is failing and now you're scrambling to find anything to stay up. While I applaud your show of desperation, it might be time to stop before you look like an even bigger fool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Your arguments literally hold no water and it's pretty sad that you keep trying so desperately to be right, but at every turn you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    People like you, who are now showing your white knighting of the system are what's wrong and why it takes far too long for changes to happen in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    Except you're the one failing, I've proven you wrong at every turn you attempt(and fail) to take. So yes, you are an actual White Knight defending Blizzard for absolutely trash systems.
    End of discussion.

  12. #252
    Were you really expecting for do a single M+, gain enough tokens to buy a piece of gear?

    Let me tell you, back in my days, we had to farm Valor points from multiple sources, making sure we hit the weekly cap each time, for a few weeks to be able to buy one piece of gear that had the same or decent ilvl.
    Now you want to play for 30 minutes and be able to buy really good gear? Get real... this is a mmo, not Diablo 3.

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by Knaar View Post
    Were you really expecting for do a single M+, gain enough tokens to buy a piece of gear?

    Let me tell you, back in my days, we had to farm Valor points from multiple sources, making sure we hit the weekly cap each time, for a few weeks to be able to buy one piece of gear that had the same or decent ilvl.
    Now you want to play for 30 minutes and be able to buy really good gear? Get real... this is a mmo, not Diablo 3.
    Yeah. It is sad really. Few weeks "grinding"(not really) for a good upgrade is good! People can't really complain about it.

  14. #254
    Sure now a day a few weeks to get one piece of loot is too much, but getting one as fast as the OP wants? nah, never.

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    End of discussion.
    And literally no where did I say he was trash, like you attempted to claim, so really what you're saying is:

    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I have no idea how to read and I love interjecting myself into conversations that don't include me. I pick up little words here and there, but I have no idea how to read full sentences.
    Got it. Have a great life with your limited reading ability.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

    Zyky is better than you.

  16. #256
    Why can't they just introduce badges back in, and make them sensible, along with the option to upgrade them like in MoP? Seriously, what was wrong with that and why are they absolutely, 100% unwilling to do anything like that ever again, and anything they've tried is obscenely grindy?

    I'd personally love to have reasons to run LFD past the opening week of the expansion again, or LFR more than once to just see it. That was my problem with Legion and WoD, too. As a really casual player, there's very little incentive to do anything past the first couple of weeks because nothing casual is actually granting any carrots on sticks. The way WOTLK and MOP (daily requirements to unlock gear aside) did it was perfect. I want that back Instead, it seems like anyone that isn't a heroic or mythic raider or a hardcore Mythic+ player is stuck on a gigantic, unfun, worthless mega-ultra-super-tyrannical sized grind.

    Hell, something like the MoP or WoD legendary (If it'll make people not whine, it doesn't have to be legendary colored) would be a boon for me. Something to drive me into wanting to bother with content more than once would be great. (Even artifacts, though a mediocre motivator in the longer run, in the shorter run, were way better of a motivator than what we have now.)

    But who am I kidding! None of this will change, I'll probably be insulted for even wanting it. Whatever. I'll just keep subbing when new content drops, unsub when I've spent it. That's about all I can expect from the game going forward for me. I'm not catered to, and I'm not going to whine about it.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    It was because you were disrespectful. Telling people they are white-knight trash when they don't agree with you is, you know, disrespectful. And you didn't only do it once, but three times.

    Learn some respect before you start calling out others for being disrespectful.

    And anyone can jump in whenever they want to join the discussion.
    You're just projecting now.

    Imagine trying to form an argument with no basis against one of the most prominent members of the Demon Hunter theory-crafting community. A calm, collected poster who has submitted hundreds of pages of feedback and only wants the game to get better.

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillaz View Post
    You're just projecting now.

    Imagine trying to form an argument with no basis against one of the most prominent members of the Demon Hunter theory-crafting community. A calm, collected poster who has submitted hundreds of pages of feedback and only wants the game to get better.
    Doesn't matter if someone are calm if they are insulting in the same sentence.

    Imagine just projecting to try to wave off insults of another users. Embarrassing.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Doesn't matter if someone are calm if they are insulting in the same sentence.

    Imagine just projecting to try to wave off insults of another users. Embarrassing.
    From what I can see he hasn't insulted anyone. He presented you and whoever the other poster was with facts that you have repeatedly ignored for whatever reason. I don't know why you're being so aggressive.

  20. #260
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    That's why I think that 8.1 brings nothing (of value) to the table other than the raid(s). Not enough to bring me back, that's for sure.
    8.1 doesn't even bring new raids. That's 8.1.5.
    8.1 literally has a 5 minute warfront questline, and a new warfront to go along with it.
    Literally gating content that can be completed in 5 minutes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •