Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
  1. #261
    I believe there are two types of players.

    On the one hand, you have those who see changes in the system. If they can, they give feedback in a way that can be useful for the developers. Once the system is implemented, they research what will work better for them and their group and try their best to farm whatever is needed to become competitive.

    On the other hand is the rest, like the OP.

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorillaz View Post
    From what I can see he hasn't insulted anyone. He presented you and whoever the other poster was with facts that you have repeatedly ignored for whatever reason. I don't know why you're being so aggressive.
    Well this just proves that you haven't read anything at all the last 5 pages.

    Talking about projecting.

  3. #263
    Old God Soon-TM's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    10,844
    Quote Originally Posted by azka View Post
    I believe there are two types of players.

    On the one hand, you have those who see changes in the system. If they can, they give feedback in a way that can be useful for the developers. Once the system is implemented, they research what will work better for them and their group and try their best to farm whatever is needed to become competitive.

    On the other hand is the rest, like the OP.
    And the conclusion is that Blizz doesn't listen to either group, so in the end it's all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

  4. #264
    Ah yes, BIS gear that is gonna get nerfed in a week after getting it because it was slightly too op.

    Blizzard fucking nerfed Test of Might THREE times, making it go from BIS to worst trait.

  5. #265
    Adding layer of rngs behind rngs, making us work more toward to rngs. Umm Just NO.

  6. #266
    Brewmaster Alkizon's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Strasbourg
    Posts
    1,440
    Fleugen
    1)
    No, this isn't the badge system. The badge system gave you options for catch up gear, but not a full gearset, right away so long as you had time to grind out the badges for it. This system has nothing for someone who spends time on it - You can only get so much currency a week, and not enough for it to be worthwhile to you that week. You ALSO had the 'upgraded' badges in Wrath and Cata, which allowed you to buy further items, but were more limited in stature like today's system - but still had varying costs, so one piece was affordable after 2 weeks, and others took more time.

    Ex.: If I was a warrior gearing up in Wrath around ICC, I had Triumph badges which I could farm through heroic dungeons which would get me my entire 232 tier set, could be traded for conquest badges to get me a belt, and could be traded for Valor badges to get me bracers and a ranged weapon - And I could do ALL of this in one week while also earning 2 Frost badges once daily for ICC-level gear, given that I had the time to do so all without a single ounce of RNG for any of those items. So if I was, for example, working from 1:30 PM to 10 PM and went home to sleep only to wake up for work again until the weekend, I could sit down on the weekend and grind until I was geared and be done in one weekend.

    Explain to me how the system proposed in 8.1 allows me to do anything of the sort? Because A) It only works for Azerite gear, so 3 total gear slots. B) It's rife with RNG, with the only viable option for getting ANY gear out of the system at all being completely RNG. C) Has no option for people like me, who don't want to log in and play each and every day, multiple hours a day.

    2) Everyone hates Azerite gear. They will hate it MORE when you feel more tempted to gamble for azerite gear than buy a specific piece outright. It feels terrible, even when you get the right piece. It will not make Azerite gear feel better as a system, since it's not different from any other piece of azerite gear that you can currently get - It just is a different way to get it.

    --- snip (for I don't fully agree with this part) ---

    The reason the badge system was nice was because the gear you got was the same level of gear you got in raids, and you could guarantee which piece you were buying at any given time so there WAS NO RNG tied into it (Hence why people want it back in the RNGfest of BfA) - If you needed a Trinket, you knew where to get it and exactly how many bosses you would need to kill to do so. And, most importantly, if you wanted that piece today, you could sit and grind until that piece was in your hands. You didn't just do a dungeon, say "welp, that's all I can get for the week" and log out.

    But in addition, the gear was always slightly worse stat/use-wise, so by raiding, the badges themselves became useless. The idea is to have progression in the game. There's no progression if you get the same shit in the beginning and end of the game.
    Now I have a fairly detailed and almost complete description of badge system. Thx, man. You saved me quite a lot of time. I don't quite agree with third point for the most part because there were not very lucky people from main team who even didn’t get pieces for participating in raids (either they were unlucky or it was secondary role for them, which means their priority was below). And they had opportunity to dress their secondary role or reinforce/compensate loot failures for main one with such system. Moreover stats/characteristics customization was still relevant and items from raid didn't always suit everyone for this parameter, but they had more choice with badges (ex. offset pieces). That's all, so there was a sense for them in heroic dungeons. Ie, I understand why you are mistaken, this is a matter of personal experience (ingenuity in solving private/personal problems and difficulties), there is nothing much terrible here.

    As for discussed system, without looking at some advantage over original one, there remain two main giants problems: RNG (gamble part = still no control, nothing has changed in this sence) and AA design itself (which we have already discussed enough +/+/+/+/+). BUT! I'm not sure that fully understand it, so I'm not going to make any serious statements.

    Did I understand correctly that new system isn't the only way to get it, which means everything can go to ashes, just like apexes during WoD (there were too many easy/fast mined enough competitive&forge gear (+BfA's ilvl scaling) that made entire compilation system not effective and useless even for alts, and in the end, only “cosmetic” stuff was where people spended it) and about RNG (this is taken from this thread already; but due to what is written in news, I somehow missed/didn't catch this moment)?

    - - - Updated - - -
    Fleugen
    It won't be so much like Apexis in WoD, as that was able to be farmed endlessly if you had enough desire to do so.
    Oh so it's in some way even worse than WoD's for adding original badge time gate mechanic, which makes it less attractive, especially if you have a specific goal, moreover, it requires sufficiently large labor costs to get at least some benefit, which means this is also not such an option for secondary role/alts.

    The whole system begin to look like something kind of mountain of crap in form of ice cream with cherry on a top
    (not literally but metaphorically)

    ps. Thx one more time. Looks like I get it.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-10-27 at 12:41 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

    __---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    I really don't like posting my opinions because with this forum the white knights and devil's advocates come out of the woodwork like the maggots they are to chew up any negative feedback for blizz... but here we go.



    What is Titan Residuum? It's a random piece of lore they thought up in the last 10 minutes of an afternoon meeting to shoehorn into the game like 80% of current lore. Seriously Blizzard, you could have just added the feature in without insulting us with that stupid name with no basis in the universe whatsoever.



    *big sigh* ... Okay, so, instead of giving value to the armor pieces you told us to farm for an absorbent amount of time since launch, SOMETHING / ANYTHING AT ALL, all of it is garbage and worth nothing to us in the scrap crapper. That's really rotten.



    So, basically, you have to farm 2 M+? dungeons that drop 415 gear per one piece of azerite gear you actually want, but don't because it's 30 ilvls lower than the content you're farming, and it's not coming out till AFTER your big update patch? HOW IS THAT A SOLUTION TO ANYTHING!? Are you high? Are you -that- asinine? 165 x 4 = 660, and that's +15 which comes from previous scrappings, so that's at least 5 M+? dungeons for a single specific piece of gear!? And to EVENTUALLY farm random / specific gear that's worth anyone's time, that 415 SPECIFIC Azerite gear -PER PIECE- is going to be insanely expensive.

    (I tried to do the math but it's late as of this post and I'm not good with advanced maths... came out to something like 12,000+ residuum so no...)



    Every TWO OR THREE WEEKS... It'd be funny if it weren't so obviously bad and tragically sad.

    So, they introduce a randomly thought-up resource with zero presidence in the lore, that could have potentially fixed your awful, major linchpin of this expansion (azerite gear). You then essentially make all the gear we've EARNED up until this time to be totally useless with this new system + currency. Compounding that you make everyone wait 11 more days to be able to start grinding (GRINDING, mind you) the gear you DO get something out of from really difficult M+ (Which most people I know of don't do because of a toxic, elitist asshat community of M+ dungeon-grinders) and a pittance from the weekly challenge chest. And to top it all off, the prices for gear you ACTUALLY WANT will be at a PREMIUM-premium price x times the amount of random pieces which are still laughably expensive themselves.

    So... thanks for nothing Blizz. I hope you like sucking on that big ole fat corporate meatstick from Activision, you spineless puppets.

    Infracted.
    Mind, i'm not saying you are wrong with what you say since you bring up valid points. But let me tell you, you don't want the "whiteknights" to come here, yet your negative feedback if you want to call it like that "It's a random piece of lore they thought up in the last 10 minutes of an afternoon meeting to shoehorn into the game like 80% of current lore. Seriously Blizzard, you could have just added the feature in without insulting us with that stupid name with no basis in the universe whatsoever." i'm sorry but that is not feedback, and if I were a developer and were reading posts, I would certainly stop at this point, and you are also certainly calling out the whiteknights to come.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    inb4 fanboys defending blizzard for literally no reason at all.
    Curse some people for defending something they like!
    Curse some people for giving negative comments on a game!.

    You all sound the same to me.

  8. #268
    Please wait Temp name's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Under construction
    Posts
    14,631
    It's way better than randomly hoping to get the 1 piece you want from the chest now. You have the choice of buying items quickly (getting a random in that slot), or the specific piece you want.

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    I'm not acting like I know better. I'm performing my duty as a customer. Feedback, do they compensate me for my contributions? I realize bringing up alternatives fosters discussion, but you're saying that not having an alternative is a disqualifier for a right to discuss. Which sounds very flanel of you.
    There is no point in discussing when all you are doing is whining. If you want to discuss, bring up alternatives.

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Do you think people that actually enjoy the game are paid off by Blizzard or something?

    If you loathe the game so badly that you screech and hollar at every change they try to do to fix what you were previously screeching and hollaring about...

    QUIT.

    Holy crap, man. WoW isn't cocaine. You're not going to suffer crippling withdrawl from taking a few months or even an entire expansion off.

    I'm glad they're trying to fix things. I don't think these will resolve the issues, but they're band-aids on larger problems that will, at the very least, improve the situation. I'll take that over them pulling a WOD again and cutting an expansion short.
    I did leveled a bard and a white mage to 70 in FFXIV and now focusing on finishing the main storyline and getting gear... with their version of JP/VP, without any RNG or endless grind (outside of raids).

    I still check MMOC and still post because I’m passionate for what WoW was, and keep reading updates to see if it will ever be like that again.

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    I did leveled a bard and a white mage to 70 in FFXIV and now focusing on finishing the main storyline and getting gear... with their version of JP/VP, without any RNG or endless grind (outside of raids).

    I still check MMOC and still post because I’m passionate for what WoW was, and keep reading updates to see if it will ever be like that again.
    Yeah, I'm in a similar boat. Also quit the game, now almost exactly 2 months ago?

    In either case, it's cool, got more time for myself and my IT things. Need to learn all these programming languages .

  12. #272
    Man, wow surely feels like a child of a divorced couple - since wod. Mom (devs we have, with Ion on the lead) has an ocd to keep everything organized, dad is afk with his new family (the old devs), and mom tries to do everything "better". Peanut butter jelly is no longer good, now it's jelly peanut butter (glyphs + tier -> azerite). Only the child is screwed up because of this. GG.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    I really don't like posting my opinions because with this forum the white knights and devil's advocates come out of the woodwork like the maggots they are to chew up any negative feedback for blizz... but here we go.
    Given your choice of words, you are not exactly unbias nor totally objective.

    Just as there are people who defends Blizzards, there are those detractors which just complain about any, big or small. Blizzard is a company and they can and do make mistakes. But people seems to think every mistakes is the end of the world type.

    If it bothers you that much, just walk away and stop playing. You clearly have an extra-ordinary amount of angry over decisions made by a company for a video game.

    Ask yourself, is it worth your time and your emotional energy to get this worked up? Or do you actually enjoy doing this?

  14. #274
    Deleted
    Titan residue should be called Azerite Dust. Lore: "Azeroth Dust is small particles of Azerite. Not worth anything, but could be worth something in large quantities."

    Not only does this work within this expansions lore, but it also doesn't drag an unnecessary Titan tag which it has absolutely nothing to do with.

    Infact, my idea would have been to make Azerite Dust a PROFESSION item that's gotten through all the usual places, raid and dungeon bosses, random gathering spots, but to make a chance for it of appearing anywhere, even a very very very low percent chance to get some while walking.

    This profession item can be used either to purchase Azerite gear with the stuff, as would usually do, BUT to also make a bunch of profession items that require it. Making Azerite gear, increasing the number of rings on Azerite gear by 1 (1 max), increasing item level, new food with special effects like 5 minutes flight, or even crafting Azerite coloured mounts!

    ALL that new stuff could have people playing for WEEKS just for the mounts alone. But new toys and items too?

    Let me know if you think this might have been a good idea, would like to know if my idea I thought of in 5 minutes as as good or better than what the chuckle fucks in blizzard are doing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •