Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Nope. If i think we can't do it with the group i will say so and let the group make the collective decision to leave or have another try.

Especially if the key isn't yours i find it really scummy to leave and ruin that person's key.

Some of this is on you, yourself. Dont sign up for a M+ when u see what gear people are in, or how the group is filling up. You can always be kind and chat a bit and get a feel. People who after a wipe or two leave are exactly whats wrong with this game. Remember, you made mistakes, and didnt understand mechanics either at one point in time. The only thing worse than someone who leaves because they think that they are better than someone learning, is someone who ninja logs and goes offline after the first wipe. I really do hope that there becomes some penalty involved. And if your repair bill is what concerns you, you really need to re-evaluate this. You can make 2K in one emmissary questline if its available. You can fam herbs for 10 mins and make 500 gold. Its not hard. I get it, it sucks to wipe on stupid crap, and get a 458 gold bill when u did a low level key and get no loot. But, we were ALL there at one point. We should better the community, not pull this "im not dealing with you"

Never. If I commit to it I'm there for better or worse. I think people take m+ far too serious, especially pugging. If you want completely smooth groups where everyone is on a similar level, make friends/join guilds.
    Last edited by Gremlincat; 2018-12-10 at 03:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xZerocidex View Post
    I could say the same thing for ppl wasting my time sucking in a dungeon... douchebag.
    by that logic you could blame yourself for being dumb enough to join a shitty group. play the mmo, not the rpg.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Nope, unless others leave of course.
    This.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    by that logic you could blame yourself for being dumb enough to join a shitty group. play the mmo, not the rpg.
    There's no logic in that because you can only find out firsthand when people struggle to get the mechs right even at high M+ dumbo.

Only if it's going really bad, group has no idea what they're doing and don't listen.

There's no logic in that because you can only find out firsthand when people struggle to get the mechs right even at high M+ dumbo.
    You can generally get a good idea of the group or leader by how its listed? Other than that there's raider io, armory, /ins? i mean jeez. But I guess that would require an understanding of your fellow man and you're clearly too self-absorbed to be able to see through anyone else's eyes. But then again, as you said, you don't care what people think. (in a thread that you made about a selfish tendency of yours, clearly fishing for people to rally to your side and justify your dipshittery.)

Quote Originally Posted by predasmoke3 View Post
    You can generally get a good idea of the group or leader by how its listed? Other than that there's raider io, armory, /ins? i mean jeez. But I guess that would require an understanding of your fellow man and you're clearly too self-absorbed to be able to see through anyone else's eyes. But then again, as you said, you don't care what people think. (in a thread that you made about a selfish tendency of yours, clearly fishing for people to rally to your side and justify your dipshittery.)
    Don't be stupid, raider IO gives a indication of someone's skill but isn't guaranteed that they're good.

Yeah I don't care what ppl think of me, do the mechs right and it's GG. Guess you're too dense to understand that in your attempt to act self righteous. If ppl are constantly dying on a boss or trash with my key I won't hold it against them for leaving because I'm in it to chest it.

Personally, i don't care about mythic+ cuz it's diablo rift Deva ja crap with free gears weekly 10+ bs. Don't care about brag how fast u complete it, cuz this is a thing that will continue to the next xpac then next xpac then next xpac.

it really depends on my mood. i rarely leave but i will if people are being stupid. in legion, if a group wiped to hymdall more than 3 times, i left.

Key's already burned the moment that timer hits 0.
    No it isn't. You still get a chest on a depleted key.

I won't leave for that reason. We've all invested the time in it, I'm going to make sure we get at least something.

I leave when it is clear we won't make it in time, which usually has to do with people being ignorant of layout/mechanics, being undergeared, underskilled, or generally underprepared. I give it enough leeway to get a gauge on the estimated completion time, and if it's clear 5-10 minutes in that we are nowhere near it then I leave.

The key is avoiding an escalation of commitment. I cut my losses, and perhaps you could say I do so early and aggressively, but not excessively. I try to be objective about it. My time is worth enough to me that I don't want to see it wasted. Group play is a give-and-take relationship, and I expect people to pull their weight (or if they genuinely can't, to leave it to me to decide whether I want to carry some of it). People who don't perform within acceptable margins (and I don't mean super hardcore world top 10 level by any means) should not expect me to simply compensate. Those who do expect that, and are egregiously terrible at the game, I actually find offensive.

All in all, though, it doesn't actually happen very often. I'd say it's probably less than 1 in 10 runs that I actually end up leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    No it isn't. You still get a chest on a depleted key.

I won't leave for that reason. We've all invested the time in it, I'm going to make sure we get at least something.
    Really? I didn't know it upgrades when the timer hits 0.

Don't be stupid, raider IO gives a indication of someone's skill but isn't guaranteed that they're good.

Yeah I don't care what ppl think of me, do the mechs right and it's GG. Guess you're too dense to understand that in your attempt to act self righteous. If ppl are constantly dying on a boss or trash with my key I won't hold it against them for leaving because I'm in it to chest it.
    not attempting to act self-righteous. Please stop attempting to fan your shit in my face and act like it doesn't stink. Don't fuck up someone's key just because you think you're too good for them. Don't join groups unless they say they're specifically going to chest it if that's your standard.

Like it was said earlier, unless the group is absolutely not going to even finish or if its extremely toxic, you stay. If you can't see that a group is so bad that they can't even complete before you start the key then it is definitely your fault for putting yourself in that group. But something tells me you leave after the first wipe on a tyrannical boss.

Really? I didn't know it upgrades when the timer hits 0.
    It remains at the same level. Not upgrading doesn't make it dead, since you still get something, and maybe a chance at an easier dungeon depending on how it rolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I leave when it is clear we won't make it in time, which usually has to do with people being ignorant of layout/mechanics, being undergeared, underskilled, or generally underprepared. I give it enough leeway to get a gauge on the estimated completion time, and if it's clear 5-10 minutes in that we are nowhere near it then I leave.

The key is avoiding an escalation of commitment. I cut my losses, and perhaps you could say I do so early and aggressively, but not excessively. I try to be objective about it. My time is worth enough to me that I don't want to see it wasted. Group play is a give-and-take relationship, and I expect people to pull their weight (or if they genuinely can't, to leave it to me to decide whether I want to carry some of it). People who don't perform within acceptable margins (and I don't mean super hardcore world top 10 level by any means) should not expect me to simply compensate. Those who do expect that, and are egregiously terrible at the game, I actually find offensive.

All in all, though, it doesn't actually happen very often. I'd say it's probably less than 1 in 10 runs that I actually end up leaving.
    This usually tend to be the case with the groups I run into. It's not worth the investment if people aren't doing what they need to to push the key.

The only times I've left a M+ early were either when someone else left, when we wiped multiple times to the first boss and it was clear the group didn't know the mechanics (and by multiple, I mean at least three times. Once it's apparent the majority of the group doesn't know what's going on), or one time when people didn't understand "don't run in until the trash resets" and we picked up about thirty extra deaths on the first pull of underrot because one of the dps tab targetted and pulled the entire room.

I think I've only left maybe 4 groups early this expac and it was only done when it was made obvious early on that we will likely hit a point where we simply couldn't go any further.

Yes. I don't see the point in sticking around for a group that isn't going to complete the dungeon in a reasonable amount of time.

15+ Year Old Account
    I only leave if the group is obviously unable to finish the instance at all. I don't care much about the timer. This badly needs a poll.
    People who leave at the first sign of anything not going according to their irrealistic expectations are the scum of the earth.
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-12-10 at 06:20 AM.