Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Jewelcrafting in 8.1

With 8.1 dropping and jc not really getting anything new but a staff do you guys think it will make much gold? Gems sell for barely anything and I didn't see any higher ilvl rings that could be sold unless I missed that update.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sephro22 View Post
    higher ilvl rings that could be sold
    No the only higher ilv rings are for yourself to use. In terms of gold making... not much for 8.1 for JC.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    No the only higher ilv rings are for yourself to use. In terms of gold making... not much for 8.1 for JC.
    i could have sworn i saw prolonged power pot replacements (400 all stats for 1 min) that were gems crafted by jc.

https://ptr.wowhead.com/item=166801/...hared-cooldown
    Last edited by dcc626; 2018-12-10 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i could have sworn i saw prolonged power pot replacements (400 all stats for 1 min) that were gems crafted by jc.
    WoW, this is actually really interesting. But I couldn't find information about it anywhere else. Or what it takes to craft.

Keep making crafting proffesion look crap while we who know better roll in gold
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Keep making crafting proffesion look crap while we who know better roll in gold
    Crafting professions are absolutely terrible.

Their depth has been completely removed, as has the gameplay value, and it's hard to believe just how dreadful they've gotten.

Easily the worst the 14 years have seen for professions.

Awful performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezo View Post

Their depth has been completely removed, as has the gameplay value, and it's hard to believe just how dreadful they've gotten.

Awful performance.
    Thats fine I proboaly sold like 40-50 rings last 10 days...So yea keep saying proffesion profs sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats fine I proboaly sold like 40-50 rings last 10 days...So yea keep saying proffesion profs sucks.
    So?

What does that prove?

That daft people will spend small amounts on low-level gear that's laughably easy to improve via world quests, scaled dungeons or easy raids?

In what way does that change the fact that the depth has been removed, the randomness of items is a frustration, needing PvP to drop the requirement demands is the only option in an expansion that doesn't have the WQs Legion had, or the number drop that happens to some professions and not others? I could go on about how badly this has been done, but you're arguing about "profession professions" because you've duped a few simple people for a small amount of needless gold.

Compare professions to what they were in Classic and The Burning Crusade, and you'll see the astronomically bad collapse this poor expansion has 'developed'.

Even Legion was a substantial amount better than this, despite also being miles behind professions up to Wrath.

Deleted
    I can sell ilvl 310 Rings, the ilvl 340 Staff and Owlseyes...
    I haven't found a use for the green gems. Waiting for warfront turn in?

Can someone explain to me, why Owlseyes are worth like 10 - 20 times as much as any other rare gem? Is it only because haste is the most desirable stat?

So?

What does that prove?

That daft people will spend small amounts on low-level gear that's laughably easy to improve via world quests, scaled dungeons or easy raids?

In what way does that change the fact that the depth has been removed, the randomness of items is a frustration, needing PvP to drop the requirement demands is the only option in an expansion that doesn't have the WQs Legion had, or the number drop that happens to some professions and not others? I could go on about how badly this has been done, but you're arguing about "profession professions" because you've duped a few simple people for a small amount of needless gold.

Compare professions to what they were in Classic and The Burning Crusade, and you'll see the astronomically bad collapse this poor expansion has 'developed'.

Even Legion was a substantial amount better than this, despite also being miles behind professions up to Wrath.
    Hm, its true in terms of gameplay, but for gold its about the same or even better than older exspansions...Im to focused on gold making.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by XMD View Post
    I can sell ilvl 310 Rings, the ilvl 340 Staff and Owlseyes...
    I haven't found a use for the green gems. Waiting for warfront turn in?

Can someone explain to me, why Owlseyes are worth like 10 - 20 times as much as any other rare gem? Is it only because haste is the most desirable stat?
    Old exspansions always had 1 exspensive gem...Dont know why this is, maybe it has lower % from prospecting ores.

Hm, its true in terms of gameplay, but for gold its about the same or even better than older exspansions...Im to focused on gold making.
    So, how much money did you make`?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

It's not about making gold, it's about the BoP Ring that can be crafted with new raid material. It comes with a socket, and with some RNG you can get your best secondary stat, so it's kinda good, especially if you don't raid mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by us italian View Post
    i wont level it, blizz is not focusing on revamping proffesions enough.
    My 110 character is already past 135 thanks to the stuff I sent to her from my main. It's really not challenging to get to the point where you've learned everything, my frustration is that the more efficient (and higher level) plans come from bloody reputation.

It just confirms that the current profession design team is about as bad as it gets. No depth, and levels linked to PvP and reputation grinding. GG.

My 110 character is already past 135 thanks to the stuff I sent to her from my main. It's really not challenging to get to the point where you've learned everything, my frustration is that the more efficient (and higher level) plans come from bloody reputation.

It just confirms that the current profession design team is about as bad as it gets. No depth, and levels linked to PvP and reputation grinding. GG.
    You don't get anything new above 135 through, so it's all good. I used the profession WQ to gain 1 skill per turn in to get to 150, it's slow, but it's steady and not expensive.

What you guys think we will get from 8.1.5? It is supposed to be a Gathering spot to get some kind of gem. I wonder if it will be the same kind of gem as the ones used for the Helm item in the new raid. I would also like Blizzard to add recipe for green gems, usable, toys, anything really...

5+ Year Old Account
    i will change my jewelcrafting in few days, i will go enchanting, its going to be great again after new gear comes out and we get nice gems.

The only proffs worth getting now are Herbalism, Alchemy or Enchanting.

Why anyone has any other proff I'll never understand :/

Awful performance.
    Wow, when professions had any depth?

And what was so "deep" about them? It was just crafting.