Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Satelliteyears0o View Post
    You know back in the day, if u were new to wow during AQ40 progression and u dinged 60 for the first time, there wasnt any catch up mechanics then. There was no personal loot to guarantee no one would ninja your loot for the dumbest reasons (IE: hunter wanting wildheart kilt after countless runs of E.strat cuz he simply wanted to be an asshole), you either had to join a guild that had mc and BWL (early progression) and hope that the majority of guildies were mostly geared and then ud still face low drop rates anyhow that werent even guaranteed for your class anyhow. Attunements were also very expansive and exhausting, tho personally I enjoyed them long adventures, tho the rewards werent often worth the work like the tier 0.5 questlines.

You make it seem you want everything to be GIVEN to you without any work at all. It is a game not a job yes, but you still have to put in work to get something out of it. Excuse-making is just a trait of being complacent..
    How did you get THAT out of my post? o_O

This isn't about wanting things for free, or for it to be easy. This is about not wanting to get terrible value for your money because you just paid $50 for an expansion plus $15 for a month of sub, only to have the content dry up after a week. The point about waiting for catch-up mechanics and time-gates was simply to illustrate that your time invested will be more valuable and efficient if you wait until all the work you're doing actually unlocks things instead of having to wait months after the fact.

But god...I'm SOOOOO sorry I want a more completed product with enough content to be worth the price. Fuck me for being entitled, right?

ITT: Belligerent ignorance

Yep, you cracked the fucking code.

This goes back to the universal truth behind the reasoning anything Blizzard does or doesn't do:
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you. That's why.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Whether or not this is true, I think it's becoming abundantly clear that unless you're in a cutting edge raid guild competing for world first, there is literally no reason to buy or sub to another WoW expansion at its launch. Between catch-up mechanics, bug fixes, the massive timegating of everything in the opening months it's probably not even worth it 6 months in. I know I'll never sub or buy another WoW expansion at least until Pathfinder can be completed.
    Yeah, I think before when all of your effort was rendered meaningless, it was when a new expansion launched. The last few expansions are like patch to patch. If you look at WoD and Legion specifically, if you started playing in the last patch, you could easily get the Tanaan/Argus catch up gear upon hitting level cap, and then queue all of the LFR wings once. Boom, you've seen the story. Then you can jump into current content.