Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lol, stupid move from blizzard. Good job, you are depleting your own playerbase instead upper it. Some dungeons are fking horrible and i wouldn't bother and yet they don't know how to balance it or something? Good job blizzard...Not

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If you delete your key, you're going to get a -1 even if you're currently doing a much higher. So if you delete a +9 and don't replace it, and then do a +12, you're still going to get a +8 key at the end.
    Not really, before the patch we used to delete a bunch of 9s, run an 11 and get 10 keys out of the end box for the gear farming purposes. A friend told me it downgrades your weekly chest key afterwards though, haven't paid attention to it though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't get it, M+ is one of the very few reasons to play the game right now, why would you implement a change that highlights the worst aspects of dungeons (imbalance). Why does bliz keep making horrible decision after horrible decision. This change would make sense if they had at least tried to balance the dungeons but lets be real, balance in wow isn't even close to a priority for the team

I think its gameover for me.

this will most likely mean that pug keys for "good" dungeons will have even more ridiculous requirements than they already have.

want to run my +11 atal? better be ilvl 390+ with at least 1400 io score. and don't you dare be one of the bad speccs!

The obvious solution is to buff the easier dungeons to help fix the balance.

Don't hold your breaths its allready to late for a dungeon fix.

LEGION's COEN was so out of proportion it was nerfed 4 times and still, because the nerfs came so late, the community perception and the sheer lack of dungeon runs to that cancer COEN still made sure COEN is a cancer key till the last weeks of LEGION.

At this point, with toxic keys allready burnt into the communitys mind, there is no hope for dungeon balance, since the perception is allready burnt in.

If you delete your key, you're going to get a -1 even if you're currently doing a much higher. So if you delete a +9 and don't replace it, and then do a +12, you're still going to get a +8 key at the end.
    No. It is/was actually based on the highest key you've done so far that week, or the dungeon you complete, whichever is higher.

I did it numerous times this week. I deleted my +11 key, completed +15 and got a +14 key at the end. I deleted and got another +14 4 times for a better dungeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moggers1990 View Post
    No. It is/was actually based on the highest key you've done so far that week, or the dungeon you complete, whichever is higher.

I did it numerous times this week. I deleted my +11 key, completed +15 and got a +14 key at the end. I deleted and got another +14 4 times for a better dungeon.
    Yeah, that's what someone else said. My key must have been borked but that isn't what happened to me.

But I guess I shouldn't be surprised since the keystone behaviour this expansion has been buggy as shit.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    One more source of dissapointment from weekly chest

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Not really, before the patch we used to delete a bunch of 9s, run an 11 and get 10 keys out of the end box for the gear farming purposes. A friend told me it downgrades your weekly chest key afterwards though, haven't paid attention to it though.
    That was why it was removed. People were deleting keys, running dungeons and then getting a lower key in their weekly chest than they were expecting. Then they were opening countless tickets asking why they got a lower key. It was bogging down the GM ticket system and so they removed it to save money.

Wonder why I got a higher key after deleting then. Since the only reason I did delete was to get another high key to run.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    That was why it was removed. People were deleting keys, running dungeons and then getting a lower key in their weekly chest than they were expecting. Then they were opening countless tickets asking why they got a lower key. It was bogging down the GM ticket system and so they removed it to save money.
    I can tell you and Blizzard how to quick, easy and 0 effort fix it: stop downgrading our keys in weekly chest. Give key equal to top completed dungeon and not -1. Problem fixed. Someone wanna run -1 they can downgrade it in 5 seconds. No one wanna spend 2h upgrading all the useless 9s party has.

Pretty much sure they did it because of players who dupe keys to sell them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    I'd be interested in a source for that. If that's all it is, all they would have to do is do a popup that says "deleting this key will result in a lower key in your chest - confirm" kind of thing instead of the standard delete box. That they removed the ability to delete the keys entirely leads me to believe they don't want people deleting them at all to downrank or reroll, and isn't simply an issue of dealing with those players that send tickets.

And I mean, I get they don't want everyone to avoid stupid Shrine or Temple or whatever every week, and I can see that they might feel like fixing them would be too much work to bother, but my counterpoint is: do they want us to play this game an enjoy it? Or to avoid playing the game entirely? Because maybe they need to decide whether they'd rather have people avoiding particular dungeons or avoiding mythic+ content entirely and if maybe it would be worth the work to fix their shit if they don't like making that choice.

WHATEVER. I'M NOT BITTER.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Who cares? the people doing m+ is required to have 1400+ raider io score and 390+ ilevel, so whatever dungeon they are good enough. Right?

Anyway, seems like a copout on blizzards part. There must be other ways than this?

I'm not sure what the issue is, so we are back to the mechanics of Legion. There you could delete you key, but after doing any content awarding a new keystone you would get the very same keystone.

If you want to do a lower level you are still free to put it in the socket and leave the instance. You just won't get another dungeon, but the same dungeon -1.

That's how it worked for all Legion, and at the very start of BfA, until they had to implement the fix for people receiving "bugged" high m+ stones from the last Legion season.

I know this is just a small thing and not the end of the world, but perfectly shows Atcizard still didn't understand a thing about the uproar and happenings around wow. This is still the "we control every single tiny part of how you can play our game and if you think outside of the box and dare to have fun we will patch it instantly" mentality

Im giving up on this company

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Don't hold your breaths its allready to late for a dungeon fix.

LEGION's COEN was so out of proportion it was nerfed 4 times and still, because the nerfs came so late, the community perception and the sheer lack of dungeon runs to that cancer COEN still made sure COEN is a cancer key till the last weeks of LEGION.

At this point, with toxic keys allready burnt into the communitys mind, there is no hope for dungeon balance, since the perception is allready burnt in.
    Totally true. Everyone hated CoEN when after the nerfs was one of the easiest and funniest dungeons in the game. Triunvirate never had that tunning and it was a fucking nightmare from the beginning to the end.

In BfA, Blizzard should be looking the tunning of adds specially. Bosses work better than in Legion, with less one shot abilities, but trash is waaaaaaay harder than it was in Legion and timers are so tigh in some dungeons. Halls of Valor was a fucking joke (except Hyrja and the one shot mechanics) and had 45 min timer. Why on the fucking earth has Kings Rest a 39 min timer? With the longest bosses in the expansion, with 4 fucking minibosses, witg trash that uber destroys if you pull more than 3-4 adds...

And at the same time, MOTHERLOAD has a 39 min timer being TOP 3 of the easiest dunegons. It's ridicolous
    Last edited by mmocb7788f8d4a; 2018-12-11 at 09:24 AM.

Oh gee who would have known...

https://www.ownedcore.com/forums/wor...pe-m-keys.html

Blizz solution - instead of fixing the bug, they just fuck honest players over. Almost like real life.

Player agency! Oh no! - Blizzard, late 2018.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cigritte View Post
    In BfA, Blizzard should be looking the tunning of adds specially. Bosses work better than in Legion, with less one shot abilities, but trash is waaaaaaay harder than it was in Legion and timers are so tigh in some dungeons. Halls of Valor was a fucking joke (except Hyrja and the one shot mechanics) and had 45 min timer. Why on the fucking earth has Kings Rest a 39 min timer? With the longest bosses in the expansion, with 4 fucking minibosses, witg trash that uber destroys if you pull more than 3-4 adds...

And at the same time, MOTHERLOAD has a 39 min timer being TOP 3 of the easiest dunegons. It's ridicolous
    It's a mix of things. As you said, KR has so much going on from the very first pull - be it Invis skips to the gong or just killing the Collosus and it just gets more intense as the dungeon progresses with a turbo tight timer in mind.

While in the FH, really, only 2 trash packs on Fort and 1 boss in Tyr are the potential wipe points. Meanwhile SoTS on either affixes throws everything it has just up to and including the first boss.

The dungeons just beg for an overall balance pass - damage wise, health pool and timer wise. They could easily shave off a minute from AD and FH, add another for SoTS and it'd shift dramatically.