Elseworlds (Potential spoilers discussion)

The annual three night crossover show of the Arrowverse is currently airing with night two just having ended. Didn't find a discussion for it so thought I'd start one for those interested. Anyone on the forums following it? For those who are waiting to watch it on Netflix, beware, a discussion if any could spoil things. Here are my thoughts.

Not sure who the guy with the book is and I consider myself a DC comic book buff, but he's hinting at a bigger threat coming (maybe next year's crossover? Darkseid? The Anti-Monitor? Parallax?)

Batwoman was portrayed as a real badass. Bruce Wayne and Batman being missing from Gotham for 3 years makes me wonder if the CW is going to do either a Batwoman series or a Bat-Family series down the line (maybe once Gotham wraps up?)

Continue to love the portrayal of Superman and Lois Lane on the small screen with Supergirl. Must make WB feel stupid the small screen has it down pat while the movie universe continues to blow it. The actress playing Lois almost looks like a mix between Teri Hatcher and Margot Kidder.

Green Arrow and Flash switching identities (brains? minds? what actually happened is actually a recurring joke on the show) has been more fun than I imagined, except the parts where Iris West is constantly crying about something.

As a JLA fan growing up (Morrison's run), loved seeing Amazo and Ivo lab. Fun one-episode bad guy (android.)

The Arkham Asylum riot scene had so many good Easter eggs, they have to be setting up some kind of Batman show, or maybe a stronger presence in next year's crossover event.

Tomorrow is the finale, which looks to involve an evil black suit Superman (looking at you Justice League MOVIE) and it looks like it'll be awesome.

Oh... one more thing... Old Barry Allen said "you're not wearing your ring" to John Diggle. Maybe John Diggle in that Earth is John Stewart? Could be another foreshadowing. I'm still convinced the only reason Green Lantern doesn't have a show on the Arrowverse is because they feel they couldn't do the character justice with how many special effects would be required.

Easter egg for Smallville but none of the original cast.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    He's The Monitor, the one who tries to recruit heroes in the first place to merge the Multiverse and save it from The Anti-Monitor. The human he gives the book to is John Deegan, most likely the Arrowverse version of John Dee aka Doctor Destiny.

The crossover has been very fun, but a bit of a slow burn. I feel like it's just setting the stage for a later crossover, which would actually be very cool.
    Dr. Destiny? Ok, that's cool. I like the slow burn myself, especially as it pertains to the trip to Gotham. The crossovers with The Legends always felt so cluttered and rushed, every episode felt like there was so much going on, not saying they were bad, but I prefer this more grounded crossover with Superman than the entire Legends' roster.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Yeah, the song. Not sure if I would have preferred Tom Welling playing Superman, I like the new guy more.

I'm enjoying it so far, the constant puns between Oliver and Barry are really fun. The only thing that has bothered me so far is the scene where Cisco is hit by a car and gets up without a scratch in 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I know people hated it, but imho still the best superman adaptation post 2000.

I'm pretty sure they are/were planning a Batwoman series for next year.

Last year the 4 episode cross over was on CW Seed pretty quickly, so I might check out this years event, but I've given up on the shows so haven't really been paying attention.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I know people hated it, but imho still the best superman adaptation post 2000.
    No one i know hated Smallville.
    Rest is just ppl looking to be butthurt about anything and every one tbh.

Michael Rosenbaum is probably the best adaptation of Lex Luthor that is played by an actual human, and John Glover is just a beast .

Awesome finale, Infinite Crisis coming Fall 2019!

The last scene with Lois and Superman in the Fortress of Solitude should make Zack Snyder and Warner Bros. ashamed of themselves they can't make as good a Superman with two hours and millions of dollars of budget while the Arrowverse pulls it off with like 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Different versions of Superman in different mediums. Personally, I really like the Man of Steel Superman. I also enjoy the Supergirl Superman
    I guess you're right, just a knee jerk reaction from excitement to how good this year's crossover was. lol

I enjoyed it so far. I like that they didn't dwell too long on the whole body swap thing, though of course progress is slow and it is only a prelude.

I also very much loved the reference in Legends of Tomorrow. "Oh, must be the annual crossover. That's a hard pass". I applaud their decision to leave LoT out of it this time. The story doesn't need them, and the cast gets way too large with so many characters involved (and it's already crowded).

Surprisingly, I did NOT hate Batwoman. I really expected her to be terrible and obnoxious, but she was alright. I didn't see, was there any info about a dedicated Arrowverse series for her? Seemed like it, with all the glimpses at an entire canon of Batman villains, and the whole "Batman left, it's all gone to hell" premise.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I enjoyed it so far. I like that they didn't dwell too long on the whole body swap thing, though of course progress is slow and it is only a prelude.

I also very much loved the reference in Legends of Tomorrow. "Oh, must be the annual crossover. That's a hard pass". I applaud their decision to leave LoT out of it this time. The story doesn't need them, and the cast gets way too large with so many characters involved (and it's already crowded).

Surprisingly, I did NOT hate Batwoman. I really expected her to be terrible and obnoxious, but she was alright. I didn't see, was there any info about a dedicated Arrowverse series for her? Seemed like it, with all the glimpses at an entire canon of Batman villains, and the whole "Batman left, it's all gone to hell" premise.
    From what I've seen it's filming for next season. Some folks were thinking it might replace Arrow, but I haven't seen any confirmation on that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    From what I've seen it's filming for next season. Some folks were thinking it might replace Arrow, but I haven't seen any confirmation on that.
    I could see Arrow ending if Oliver dies during Crisis, which is definitely hinted at with the whole talk about him being willing to sacrifice himself, and the unrevealed exchange he had The Monitor make for SG/Flash's lives.

Batwoman was horrible imo. I've seen Ruby Rose in other stuff and thought she was fine so I think it was just the directing but the angry dump face on the elevator ride/walk to the suit was so retarded.