Deleted

No more space for WoW - backing up addons

My SSD hasn't got enough space for the new patch so I'm thinking about just reinstalling WoW to my HDD. I really don't want to lose my addons, though. Is it enough to copy my addons folder and paste it in to the new directory or do I need to do something else?

Thanks.

Edit: I don't suppose it's possible to have the new patch data be downloaded to my HDD?
    Last edited by mmoc30274401ab; 2018-12-11 at 11:57 AM.

I have always kept a backup of my interface folder in a USB stick and when i wanted to download wow on my laptop i just deleted the interface folder and pasted the interface folder from my USB and it was exactly like it is on my desktop pc.

try ccleaner .. i had problems aswell on my 125 gb ssd drive with only Windows and wow on it.
    for some reason wow was at 90 gb or it showed up as 90 but when using properties it said 45gb.. the ccleaner removed enough for me to download the patch
    Signature made by

2 things:

- you dont have to reinstall WoW, you can just cut and paste the folder from your SSD over to your HDD and then point the Battle.net client to the new folder and it will work just fine

- if you want to back up your addons you have to back up both the Interface and WTF folders in your WoW folder. The Interface/Addons holds the addon programs you downloaded, and the WTF folder holds all the saved settings. If you copied just the Interface folder you would have all your addon but you'd have to redo all your settings.

You can literally just move the wow directory to another hdd (with the blizzard launcher closed), and the start the wow or launcher exe from the game dir so that all paths are set correctly in the launcher.

Just move the entire game folder to the HDD and then tell battle.net where to find the game, no need for reinstall. Battle.net will update any shortcuts of the game as well.