Deleted

New Trait (icicle damage) - Possible Glacial spike increase?

Hi MageTeam,

As title suggests, wanted to float this idea out there and ask if anyone had had a go with it on the PTR.

Given that GS is based on Mastery / Icicle damage, would this new trait be worth taking / potentially stacking - an extra 50-200 damage per icicle would be a pretty significant burst damage boost no?

Obviously I don't know any facts I'm just speculating here, could be interesting?

#Rip15secslows

We have to wait for sims for it. But it might be not so bad for PvP for some extra burst with GS build.

Preliminary sims has it as the highest frost trait for ST damage

Looks like bloodmallet has been updated too. You can check there.

Is that stacked to 3? I played with a single stack yesterday on my gear and it feels bad using Glacial spike and only getting effectively have the trait's value since, I assume, you only proc the chance for FoF from the spike itself. Peeling that off and going splitting/TV didn't feel much better, especially since you much a lot of procs that happen from launching icicles after BF flurry/IL.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Is that stacked to 3? I played with a single stack yesterday on my gear and it feels bad using Glacial spike and only getting effectively have the trait's value since, I assume, you only proc the chance for FoF from the spike itself. Peeling that off and going splitting/TV didn't feel much better, especially since you much a lot of procs that happen from launching icicles after BF flurry/IL.
    The one I linked was comparing a single trait, though the bloodmallet one has all 3 traits.
    The FoF portion of the trait is possibly the lowest impact portion of it, TC-ers have it generate an average of 4-5 extra FOF over a 5 minute fight, and that's if you don't use GS. The icicle damage is the strength of the trait.

My GS went from doing 60-70k crits to over 100k. My personal best was 120k.

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    you get 5 separate 5% chances for fof when you launch GS

Ok, didn't realize it gave all 5 for GS. Thanks for the info guys!

ff>gc=fof % ?

currently testing flash freeze trait's fingers of frost component. i'm running 2 flash freeze pieces and i'm almost sure that its broken. chance to proc fof by glacial spike with 2xFlash Freeze pieces is not 50%...

edit: it's even lower then 25%...

correct me if i'm wrong
    Last edited by webmage; 2018-12-18 at 08:26 PM. Reason: more info

Quote Originally Posted by webmage View Post
    currently testing flash freeze trait's fingers of frost component. i'm running 2 flash freeze pieces and i'm almost sure that its broken. chance to proc fof by glacial spike with 2xFlash Freeze pieces is not 50%...

correct me if i'm wrong
    How .... did you arrive at 50%??

It's 5 individual 5% chance per GS to generate a FoF proc. It doesn't add up to 25% chance to proc either.

ETA: Oh, I see what happened. You thought stacking 2 FF traits increased the proc chance. It doesn't. Only the Icicle damage increases.

Quote Originally Posted by webmage View Post

correct me if i'm wrong
    The chance should be 1- ( (.95)^5 ) ~= 23% chance to proc. So your less than 25% finding is accurate.