Deleted

hellfire citadell 8.1 first boss fixed?

since 8.0, the first boss in hellfire citadell is basically broken not soloable. google research showed, that blizzard was made aware of this issue at the blizzcon.

i remember blizzard fixing soloing SoO in 7.1 so i kinda hope for the fix of HfC in 8.1

does anybody know or can test if something was changed? i cant find anything at the patchnotes.

Not soloable? I beg to differ...
    Pain in the ass to solo... Yes!

You can easily solo it as a Brewmaster monk. If you drop the Ox Statue in the center where the adds spawn all adds will run to it and never attack the cannons. You then can easily just drop the ammunition into the cannons and win.

Quote Originally Posted by JhonnyQ View Post
    since 8.0, the first boss in hellfire citadell is basically broken not soloable. google research showed, that blizzard was made aware of this issue at the blizzcon.

i remember blizzard fixing soloing SoO in 7.1 so i kinda hope for the fix of HfC in 8.1

does anybody know or can test if something was changed? i cant find anything at the patchnotes.
    I have soloed that Boss hundreds of times and not on a DH or Monk. I can do that boss without any movement abilities. It's no problem to do on a Paladin for example. It just requires a bit of planning.

Soloable on heroic and normal. On mythic imagine a hunter or demon hunter, mage or any other class to zip to the other cannon quickly enough. Tried as a dk with wraith walk and well mobilty got me and failed it.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd imagine about half the classes with the right gear and talent choices can solo mythic hellfire assault. Rest are kinda screwed.

Calling it bugged is a bit much, it's simply very tricky and unforgiving, and requires very high mobility. That said, I definitely welcome a nerf or change to the fight to make it more in line with other WoD mythic raid bosses.

In legion i was able to solo it on a ret pally with speed boots + bear tartar. Now that speed boots are gone and tartar is nerfed, not sure how it could be done for less mobile/non pet classes.

I soloed mythic one on combat rogue ( after 2.5 hours of trying, ain't gonna lie ) and on SP, within 1st hour

Recall soloing it on my rogue shortly after release... failed maybe once or twice I believe.
    Mooyah!

It's soloable on Normal or Heroic with minimal effort.

Mythic is another story. Once the final wave comes in to fuck you, you basically have to be god to maintain both sides without having a cannon get defeated.

I was hoping they'd do an easy fix and just have the fight fail when BOTH cannons are destroyed, that way you can tunnel one side and be victorious.

Well, judging by these comments...no it hasn't been fixed yet.

I soloed it on mythic as a warlock and a DH in Legion, there was an annoying bug that would cause the game to lag out that would happen in like 50% of pulls though, that caused more frustration than getting the fight down. With a DH it was pretty easy, took a bit more effort on warlock. Feels bad for DK.