Thread: 8.1 for Druids

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    8.1 for Druids

    Hi guys.

    Have anyone tested changes on Feral after 8.1?

    I want to know if it is viable in pvp and pve because im returning to WOW and i have to decide wich spec i will use on my druid.

    Thanks in advance for the info!

    GL

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Ragnarohk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by lukasm89 View Post
    Hi guys.

    Have anyone tested changes on Feral after 8.1?

    I want to know if it is viable in pvp and pve because im returning to WOW and i have to decide wich spec i will use on my druid.

    Thanks in advance for the info!

    GL
    Go resto or balance. Top notch

  3. #3
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,221
    From my point of view Feral seems to be in a good spot. I gained single target damage and got a significant boost to my AoE.

    Gameplay wise we're back to using a variant of the familiar-but-controversial Bloodtalons build. Your mileage may vary but this is a build I've always enjoyed and am comfortable with.

    AoE is soooooooo much smoother now with Primal Wrath. Cannot stress it enough. Building and spending for an AoE finisher just feels right and the damage is decent. It also plays very well with Bloodtalons.

    I'm happy atm and optimistic for the new raid. My only hope is we get to spice up the builds a little bit in 8.1.5 since a strong point of 8.0.1 Feral was having multiple viable builds.

    Oh, regarding PvP we're just as good as we were before but have a few more tricks. Cyclone let's us be more helpful for setups and PW is kinda nice against melee comps.

    Just my $0.02

  4. #4
    Gained some AoE, but squishy as hell and still wouldn't pull many mobs. Really nothing special and a bit disappointed seeing the dps take a dip while WW and RET aoe is killing it right now. Balance is doing a lot better. I also watched Fuse and Bean play arenas when it launched and clone looked incredibly fun in PVP, but the damage shift was very noticeable as well.

    IMO Feral is better than before but lacking 5-10% damage in swipe. Wild Fleshrending is still the most uninsteresting thing blizzard could do with azerite traits.

  5. #5
    I am sticking to Guardian with feral affinity, I kill stuff fast with form swapping to keep up kitty bleeds, it is great for soloing.
    “If you don't believe me that is too damn bad!”

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by lukasm89 View Post
    Hi guys.

    Have anyone tested changes on Feral after 8.1?

    I want to know if it is viable in pvp and pve because im returning to WOW and i have to decide wich spec i will use on my druid.

    Thanks in advance for the info!

    GL
    feral has been viable since WOD, only reason they felt weak in legion because blizzard made guardian god mode. then you just rolled guardian with feral affinity

    can change daily https://www.arenamate.net/
    right now there is a feral at #1 and #10, druid #5 played class, feral spec #15, good even before patch 8.1 huge buffs

    in WOD blizzcon 3's was won with a bal druid on team, and in 2018 again bal druid on team
    Last edited by pinkz; 2018-12-12 at 06:28 PM.

  7. #7
    Thanks for the information, Druida was my main in 3/4 of legion (Bear,Cat and Bird) but since BFA lauch i played with my Priest.
    Now i`m thinking to return after 2 months and i wanted to know about druids.

    Good or not i will play it, i love the Versatility of the class all in One!

    Thanks again and good Hunt!



    CYA
    Last edited by lukasm89; 2018-12-13 at 12:58 PM.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Go resto or balance. Top notch
    I thought they ruined resto with 8.1 nerfs

  9. #9
    So that 7% damage boost gonna make feral playable or it's a mechanical problem they need to adress?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    So that 7% damage boost gonna make feral playable or it's a mechanical problem they need to adress?
    it will make them ok to play, people sitll wont want you in m+ or raids in top tiers, maybe need another 8% buff for that. bloodtalons needs to be reworked, something they said they are working on

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I thought they ruined resto with 8.1 nerfs
    Resto is just fine. The tranq nerf is barely noticeable and the +1 sec duration to rejuv more than makes up for the loss. WG buff makes them even stronger in m+ and it doesnt hurt in raids either, but again the AL trait makes up for any loss in raids.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by lukasm89 View Post
    Thanks for the information, Druida was my main in 3/4 of legion (Bear,Cat and Bird) but since BFA lauch i played with my Priest.
    Now i`m thinking to return after 2 months and i wanted to know about druids.

    Good or not i will play it, i love the Versatility of the class all in One!

    Thanks again and good Hunt!



    CYA
    Blizzard has nerfed Ferocious Bite by 25% in PVP when 8.1 released, and that's a stealth nerf (not documented on notes). So, doesn't look too good for PVP. Cyclone removes you out of cat form so it's very annoying to use.

  13. #13
    Yeah I spoke to a few M+ guys who all assured me resto is still top 2 for M+ with MW Monk. Maybe it's worse in raids but I hate raiding so its no bother to me. Boomkin seems ok too, not so much damage but mobility and utility still makes it so people need a Boomkin in their raid.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    it will make them ok to play, people sitll wont want you in m+ or raids in top tiers, maybe need another 8% buff for that. bloodtalons needs to be reworked, something they said they are working on
    https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

    Right now, we're inches away from being number 1 on single target - and our AoE is now pretty decent. An 8% on top of what we have now would lead us into Elemental Shaman country - and they are getting nerfed right now!

    I'm all for speaking up when it's necessary - but right now, we're solid in the dps department and we have the best Hybridity of any class. We're not top dogs in AoE, but we're doing ok.

  15. #15
    Moderator -aiko-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    The House of All Worlds
    Posts
    10,221
    We're in a fantastic spot damage-wise for sure, just keep in mind that the way we actually deal that damage (i.e ramp-up and sustain) does not translate that well into the current tier. No biggie, we're at the end of Uldir, but if we don't get the option to mix up the builds a bit without hemorrhaging damage we could be in a similar spot in Dazar'alor.

    So I'm in the optimistic-but-wait-and-see boat with Feral right now.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    https://www.simulationcraft.org/reports/T22_Raid.html

    Right now, we're inches away from being number 1 on single target - and our AoE is now pretty decent. An 8% on top of what we have now would lead us into Elemental Shaman country - and they are getting nerfed right now!

    I'm all for speaking up when it's necessary - but right now, we're solid in the dps department and we have the best Hybridity of any class. We're not top dogs in AoE, but we're doing ok.
    I see your sims

    And I counter with actual dps

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    I see your sims

    And I counter with actual dps

    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/19/
    Aggregated data, over a period of 2 weeks. Our DPS was buffed last weekly maintenance.

    And Feral is behind in Uldir, because we're designed primarily for single target. We're better at AoE now, but we're not Demon Hunters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitepaw View Post
    Aggregated data, over a period of 2 weeks. Our DPS was buffed last weekly maintenance.

    And Feral is behind in Uldir, because we're designed primarily for single target. We're better at AoE now, but we're not Demon Hunters.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    uldir is current content, uldir is where it matters right now. stop grasping for straws

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    uldir is current content, uldir is where it matters right now. stop grasping for straws
    I hope that my point about you referencing data from before our latest buff didn't miss you by too much.

    And about Uldir and the AoE fest we're having right now in all PvE content: I've been posting my opinion about that for quite some time now. I think the PvE meta game has gone way too much Diablo III - and that you can't design specifically single target dps specs for gameplay which is totally dominated by AoE encounters. It seems Blizzard is begining to have the same opinion, but the turn-around is slow.

    So when I write what I did about Uldir, it's a conclusion refering to how the class design and gameplay design functions right now. It's not an excuse for any of it.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by MrCool View Post
    Blizzard has nerfed Ferocious Bite by 25% in PVP when 8.1 released, and that's a stealth nerf (not documented on notes). So, doesn't look too good for PVP. Cyclone removes you out of cat form so it's very annoying to use.
    most broken thing ever was instant cyclone on feral.. it was fine when ferals had that weird ass humantiger form in wod.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •