Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    lololol

    Gameplay still terrible, I don't care that much about numbers when I almost fall asleep during playing. Numbers matter, yes. Gameplay matters more.
    You will never be happy.

    Game play doesn't matter more to you, complaining on the internet does. If game play mattered your'd re roll.

    Being a top DPS spec give's Shaman's an option!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

    And here's what the actual data looks like.

    Sims are worthless, like always.


    Hahaha @ "worthless"

    Actually your post shows they are pretty damn close.

  2. #22
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    19,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Hahaha @ "worthless"

    Actually your post shows they are pretty damn close.
    First of all, when I posted that, they were middle of the pack in the data.

    Secondly, they still aren't the best. Survival is lacking in real life data compared to simulations, too.

    What about Frost DK's? Overall the best, simulated as 3rd worst.

    So yeah, my point still stands.

    The game isn't a patchwerk simulation.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    Now you guys can see yourself how ridiculous it is to whine endlessly before something is live and really testable. They fixed it and they listened, happy now?
    The primary problem with Ele Shaman has always been about playing. A spec does not begin and end with dps charts. I don't play BM hunter because its dead boring...and I still don't play my Ele Shaman because this expansion actively hates turret casters, and the rotation (yes, even under 8.1) is a pale shadow of Legion, much less earlier expansions.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    Well with storm ele out I'm god, but as soon as he expires it goes back to sluggish mess. My m+ performance on trash has actually worsened. Everything feels so slow, like I'm stirring resin.

    Patchwerk fights, scarce as they are, are great.
    Cleave fights are alright too.
    Heavy movement fights are pure shit.


    So the damage is there, but the gameplay feels slow and boring. And still no defencives gained as a tradeoff for being shit on movement. Give grounding field or baseline avoidance please.
    shamans are insane in mythic+ right now, they are insane in pvp, they are really good in uldir right now also,
    all 3 shaman specs are 1 tier above everything else in pvp aswell,

    i understand you are complaining about heavy movment, but again should every class shine in every scenario?
    what are you talking about

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    Well with storm ele out I'm god, but as soon as he expires it goes back to sluggish mess. My m+ performance on trash has actually worsened. Everything feels so slow, like I'm stirring resin.
    You have to explain how your M+ performance has worsened.

    Stormkeeper being the ST talent is a blessing M+, you just run SK in literally Instance, no matter the affix.
    Previously, SK was a dead talent on tyrannical but a neccessary evil because your AoE dps blew without it.

    I mean what exactly did you lose?
    I doubt neither Exposed Elements or High Voltage seriously improved your performance.

    Quote Originally Posted by danki1337 View Post
    shamans are insane in mythic+ right now, they are insane in pvp, they are really good in uldir right now also,
    all 3 shaman specs are 1 tier above everything else in pvp aswell
    Ele gotten a lot stronger overall, but neither Resto nor Enhance left the hole as far as M+ is concerned.

  6. #26
    I'm very happy with the changes except for a few things. I don't understand why all of the new talents are so undertuned they are useless. I think Elemental Blast is going to be the top pick going into BoD because you can stack Nature's Harmony + Echo of the Elementals simultaneously pretty easily with the extra ring of azerites.

    The biggest complaint I have is in the design of Surge of Power. It's a really awful talent. Two of the choices are a huge DPS loss in every possible scenario and the fact that you can waste it on a Frost Shock actually makes Shaman less mobile since you can no longer safely chain Earth Shock + Frost Shock to do DPS while moving. I don't understand why the CD reduction on elementals was tied to Lava Burst which further complicates the decision on when to use Lava Burst for SoP. Like you have to know far too much for this to be in the talent. You need to know the exact duration of the fight (which will change from week to week due to RNG and raid performance), exactly how many LvBs to use during that time to transition back to LB, and you need to know how many times Surge will proc to minimize proc munching (impossible). I really don't like how every LvB SoP contributes 0 DPS if it didn't contribute to an extra elemental. I really don't like that LvB SoPs punish uses by reducing the talent's DPS gains to 0 if you don't get an extra elemental. The way this talent is implemented the only safe way it can be used is to treat it like Exposed Elements, but with a large list of caveats that make it harder to use and more harshly punished for no DPS gains. I don't like that it performs the worst by a wide margin on any cleave/AoE than its counterparts in the tier (by something like more than 5%).

    We're stuck with the talent now, but I'd like to see it changed or removed. I see a lot of Shamans defending the talent, but they're just "ooh, shiny new thing" who are going to come around to my way of thinking in a week or so when they realize that spending 3 months complaining to anyone who will listen that Shamans lack mobility then defending a talent that completely eliminates your ability to DPS on the move makes you look like a stupid hypocrite.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    First of all, when I posted that, they were middle of the pack in the data.

    Secondly, they still aren't the best. Survival is lacking in real life data compared to simulations, too.

    What about Frost DK's? Overall the best, simulated as 3rd worst.

    So yeah, my point still stands.

    The game isn't a patchwerk simulation.
    Your point doesn't stand, the estimates were #1 and they are #3.

    The rest of your nonsense also doesn't mean shit, the truth is right now they are top 3, that is a huge bump in the right direction kiddo. And I'll take something being close, to your just being mad you were a bit wrong.

    Anyways, Shaman's celebrate, we taking over.

    In the last week I've witnessed more shammies rolling then before, which is always nice.

  8. #28
    Numbers mean fuck all when a class is designed poorly.
    Elemental Shamans have no identity. They could just design a proper spec, but they're too chicken shit to make anything even remotely complex.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post


    Now you guys can see yourself how ridiculous it is to whine endlessly before something is live and really testable. They fixed it and they listened, happy now?
    Logs show it middle of the pack now, not the top. And Enhancement is still quite low.

    Next time don't be a dick.

  10. #30
    15 years experience tells me this won't last.

    When has Ele ever been allowed to have good single target? Either total garbage or meme aoe lord.

  11. #31
    Immortal Pua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Motonui
    Posts
    7,453
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Patchwerk simulations are as useful as nun's nipples.
    Compared to that... I'd still put those simulations in second place.

  12. #32
    The Patient Taan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Moscow, Russia
    Posts
    254
    Quote Originally Posted by danki1337 View Post

    i understand you are complaining about heavy movment, but again should every class shine in every scenario?
    what are you talking about
    I don't mind heavy movement sometimes, but most of the content is heavy on the movement.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    You have to explain how your M+ performance has worsened.

    Stormkeeper being the ST talent is a blessing M+, you just run SK in literally Instance, no matter the affix.
    Previously, SK was a dead talent on tyrannical but a neccessary evil because your AoE dps blew without it.

    I mean what exactly did you lose?
    I doubt neither Exposed Elements or High Voltage seriously improved your performance.
    Well beside still having a hard time finding a 13+ key as a 385\1.2k io I found that somehow maestrom generation has worsened for me (moe CL casts per EQ), Loss of magma totem has impacted trash dps and overall feeling of suggishness has set in. When storm elemental is up - aoe is great. In SE downtime - back to resin stirring.

    Don't get me wrong, single targets melt like butter, but cleave\aoe for me has gotten worse.

    I'll analyze my logs from today's runs and come back to you

    Maybe I should get back to magma totem, but I will lose the SE great single target.
    Last edited by Taan; 2018-12-15 at 04:57 PM.

  13. #33
    Well this thread aged like milk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Klling a new born is not much morally different than a late term abortion. Should be avoided, but it's not like it is an actual person yet.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Taan View Post
    Well beside still having a hard time finding a 13+ key as a 385\1.2k io I found that somehow maestrom generation has worsened for me, Loss of magma totem has impacted trash dps and overall feeling of suggishness has set in. When storm elemental is up - aoe is great. In SE downtime - back to resin stirring.
    I still don't get your complaint here.
    Liquid Magma Totem is still there, utterly unchanged and never had any impact on your MS generation.

    And as for LMT vs. SE in M+ was unaffected by 8.1, none of them received any changes.

  15. #35
    Ele's low mobility is by design. It is by design that they should own turretting-style fights. If anything they should be higher on this list.
    It also means ele will be subpar in 2/3 MM fights on every raid tier because of required mobility. Nothing to see, move along.

  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by puupi View Post
    patchwerk simulations are as useful as nun's nipples.
    lmao get out of here i'm putting this as my new sig... goddamnit lmfao

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by krl View Post
    Ele's low mobility is by design. It is by design that they should own turretting-style fights. If anything they should be higher on this list.
    It also means ele will be subpar in 2/3 MM fights on every raid tier because of required mobility. Nothing to see, move along.

    Ele is now 2nd caster spec on Mythic logs if you select 90th parses. It seems fine to me, and Uldir is rather heavy movement raid.
    Last edited by HCLM; 2018-12-15 at 08:36 PM.

  18. #38
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/st.../19#dataset=95

    And here's what the actual data looks like.

    Sims are worthless, like always.
    to be fair so is outdated content(especially one week of sample of it)

    what matters is siege PROGRESS

  19. #39
    The Insane Puupi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    19,904
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    to be fair so is outdated content(especially one week of sample of it)
    True, sort of. "Sort of" because that is the only and most up to date content available.

    what matters is siege PROGRESS
    Yes, but we aren't there yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I prefer "enclosed creationist" but yeah, I'm a flat earther.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

  20. #40
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    True, sort of. "Sort of" because that is the only and most up to date content available.


    Yes, but we aren't there yet.
    no, but we're also over uldir.

    yolo cheesed farm logs are even more irrelevant than sims tbh.

    sims at least show some concrete numbers.
    all logs show is which class can abuse the boss mechanics the most.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •