Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Is anyone using Aftershock? I really dislike Totem mastery, but it seems it is default choice for many shamans....
    Yes, it is rng spell, but gives some dynamic to rotation....
    Only problem with AS is when used with Icefury is giving kinda hectic rotation where you dont have enough gcds to use all spells in timeframe....

Quote Originally Posted by Gharld View Post
    Thanks for the info guys, yea just not digging the IF build, didnt like it in Legion (used the Lightning Rod build instead), still dont like it now.

Side note, IP 3 stacking still doesnt revive Ascendance eh?
    Thank god no.

Quote Originally Posted by Monolithi View Post
    Is anyone using Aftershock? I really dislike Totem mastery, but it seems it is default choice for many shamans....
    Yes, it is rng spell, but gives some dynamic to rotation....
    Only problem with AS is when used with Icefury is giving kinda hectic rotation where you dont have enough gcds to use all spells in timeframe....
    You can pick Aftershock for M+, it's pretty good, mostly for the constant movement from pack to pack or when it procs with Earthquake. Otherwise, TM is the go-to in raids, plus you said, the IF build gets already really convoluted with a lot of GCD to press, you really don't have the space to add an Aftershock proc.
    It reminds me of the gambling build in Legion, if the stars aligned, you could destroy Argus on your own, but otherwise you had a shitload of RNG procs and you ended up wasting a lot of them, even more if you played Icefury instead of Ascendance, now that was a clusterfuck of a rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by SethRoguen View Post
    I feel like we are doing decent, still not perfect, but decent. So just expect them to nerf IP so hard it crashes through the floor.
    We may end with IP not nerfed at all, it depends if blizzard want us to play IF on raids or not.
    The trait itself isn't that strong as it forces us to use worse talents. The IP chart you see on bloodmallet looks like that because IP trait has a big impact on IF build which on the other side was never too good setup dps-wise.

The ideal scenario is that they undo the IP buff and buff Lava Burst's damage by ~60%.

Of course, this is Blizzard we're talking about so they'll probably figure out some moronic way to break shaman again.

Quote Originally Posted by Osangar View Post
    You can actually use Echo with IP traits and use PE instead of icefury if you want, it actually sims higher for me due to my stat breakdown atm than Icefury. It also has the advantage of fire and forget. Movement on the majority of fights is not really an issue for us since FS does decent damage, if you dont wanna use IF then PE and Echo is defo viable with IP traits.
    To be honest i hate the icefury talent. It's hard to track without getting some addon and makes my bar really long. I'm not hating on it, it's pretty cool for those run around a lot fights but to be honest i don't carry tomes around so i don't run with it very much.

I have found a pretty fun combo with aftershock, surge of power, master of elements, and stormbringer, and echo. I still have IP on one of my gear pieces and it makes all the difference in this setup. It turns your entire rotation into a caster version of windwalker. Your goal is to use master buffs on earthshocks, earthshocks on lightning bolts, and to bank 100 maelstrom before you pop stormbringer. That way you can pop back to back ES/Storm buffed LBs. You get anywhere from 3-8 empowered bolts. You also get a lot of mobility due to having a lot of instant procs. You actually get so many procs that you will end up using surges on Lvbs just to keep empowering ES with master. The only thing that sucks with this build is the last 30% or so after you drop your final fire elemental because youll be popping lvb and es so much that you won't have time to cast LB. I can see why most people run primal instead of surge but dam if it isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    To be honest i hate the icefury talent. It's hard to track without getting some addon and makes my bar really long. I'm not hating on it, it's pretty cool for those run around a lot fights but to be honest i don't carry tomes around so i don't run with it very much.

I have found a pretty fun combo with aftershock, surge of power, master of elements, and stormbringer, and echo. I still have IP on one of my gear pieces and it makes all the difference in this setup. It turns your entire rotation into a caster version of windwalker. Your goal is to use master buffs on earthshocks, earthshocks on lightning bolts, and to bank 100 maelstrom before you pop stormbringer. That way you can pop back to back ES/Storm buffed LBs. You get anywhere from 3-8 empowered bolts. You also get a lot of mobility due to having a lot of instant procs. You actually get so many procs that you will end up using surges on Lvbs just to keep empowering ES with master. The only thing that sucks with this build is the last 30% or so after you drop your final fire elemental because youll be popping lvb and es so much that you won't have time to cast LB. I can see why most people run primal instead of surge but dam if it isn't fun.
    It is great to hear you like SoP but in pve it is a dead talent. It is too overcomplicated and it is actually behind IP, mote + pe and SE builds.

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    It is great to hear you like SoP but in pve it is a dead talent. It is too overcomplicated and it is actually behind IP, mote + pe and SE builds.
    doesn't seem complicated to me. it's like combo breaker. don't cast the same thing twice who cares what's behind what. Play what you enjoy

Simple question, when should you use ES? Haven't really played in a bit, but in legion it was spend ES when it was like 90 Maelstrom or it would cap.

Talking about the MotE/IF build.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    Simple question, when should you use ES? Haven't really played in a bit, but in legion it was spend ES when it was like 90 Maelstrom or it would cap.

Talking about the MotE/IF build.
    In Legion, ES dealt damage based on Maelstrom, in BfA, ES deals full damage at 60 Maelstrom.
    Previously (Meaning between 8.0 and now), people did save their ES until some Int / Vers / Crit proc, then used ES so it would be buffed or save it if they know they'll have to move before hitting cap.

Generally speaking, it isn't worth to delay ES as having it buffed by MotE is better, you cannot be sure that once you're at ~80-90MS that your next will be Lvb, unless you always save a charge.

You can do it, but in my opinion it's not worth the hassle, just make sure ES is buffed by MotE and you're set.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-03-28 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    In Legion, ES dealt damage based on Maelstrom, in BfA, ES deals full damage at 60 Maelstrom.
    Previously (Meaning between 8.0 and now), people did save their ES until some Int / Vers / Crit proc, then used ES so it would be buffed or save it if they know they'll have to move before hitting cap.

Generally speaking, it isn't worth to delay ES as having it buffed by MotE is better, you cannot be sure that once you're at ~80-90MS that your next will be Lvb, unless you always save a charge.

You can do it, but in my opinion it's not worth the hassle, just make sure ES is buffed by MotE and you're set.
    Thanks a lot!