Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    I still say the best way to go about "balancing" DPS specs is to pick a cap on the amount of DPS by a character. Say 18k dps. Any damage over 18k is just ignored. Is the class/spec doing 18k dps? No? Then increase it till it is.

This gets rid of the "my class needs a buff" and "we can't bring you your class doesn't dps enough". Then you can also judge the play and their skill if they aren't hitting 18k dps what are they doing wrong?!?!

but what do I know?
    Now think about this suggestion of yours for a second.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I still say the best way to go about "balancing" DPS specs is to pick a cap on the amount of DPS by a character. Say 18k dps. Any damage over 18k is just ignored. Is the class/spec doing 18k dps? No? Then increase it till it is.

This gets rid of the "my class needs a buff" and "we can't bring you your class doesn't dps enough". Then you can also judge the play and their skill if they aren't hitting 18k dps what are they doing wrong?!?!

but what do I know?
    This design would be even below of what blizzard is doing. If everyone is doing 18k dps or close to 18k dps, you would just bring 2-3 classes with the most utility...

Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    This design would be even below of what blizzard is doing. If everyone is doing 18k dps or close to 18k dps, you would just bring 2-3 classes with the most utility...
    Then everyone gets utility!

Then everyone gets utility!
    Yep. Just because Blizzard fails every time they try to balance, no matter if it has vast talent trees and numerous abilities OR pruned everything to the basics, it does NOT mean that it couldn't be done.

The problem is that they are nowhere near "swift" making changes, except reducing the duration of some toys.
    Even said that, I think the class-balance dps wise is in a good spot right now. The problem (with M+ at least) is that you need a monk/dh for their 5% buffs (and other strong utility like ring of peace and darkness), and a rogue for skips. Those are the glaring problems right now.

The rogue problem can be solved with a consumable that maybe shares cooldown with potions.
    The 5% de/buffs can be easily spread out to a few classes.

Other than that, blood dk's are still the strongest tanks, and general tank balance should be looked at. I think tanks should get more power, I suggest buff everyone to blood dk levels. It is NOT fun to tank as a non-blood and feeling that "something is not ok".

First off, Dps is a theoretical number.

I'm not doing "18k Dps", that just the average damage i am doing over a certain amount of time.
    That makes it much more difficult to balance, as my damage had to be constantly readjusted to meet those 18k.

That leaves out the issue of increasing targets, what about on Vectis once the add appears?
    Or movement dps, is just everyone doing still 18k Dps while moving overall?

It sounds nice at first for a patchwerk fight but the details are next to impossible to work out.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    So a game development company staffed by people who claim to play the game can't run sims or play-test the DPS rotations THEY MADE for the game they are employed to develop?
    Anyone who thinks anyone at Blizzard actually plays their games...well I've got a bridge to sell you. There aren't any gamers left at Blizzard, the only games they play are mobile games.

I find it really funny how in the Tides of Vengeance trailer that Blizzard are trying to showcase really dramatic and fast-paced warfare, yet the only airtime an Elemental Shaman gets is them casting a lightning bolt but they don't even finish the cast by the time it changes to the next fight.

What's amazing is that tweaking some numbers makes people happy. I mean, like no other reason to be on top, except Blizzard made the numbers better.

I mean, it's no different than just giving EShaman a +30% damage buff. but uh oh... the next class is on the bottom. better give them a 28% buff... and so on until everyone is the exact same.

Better yet, let's create a new damage meters called rubyMicroscope. Everyone would be exactly the same... even the ones outside the instance... because you know... no one left behind and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    I mean, it's no different than just giving EShaman a +30% damage buff. but uh oh... the next class is on the bottom. better give them a 28% buff... and so on until everyone is the exact same.
    Well, i no longer have to choose between reasonable AoE Dps or ST due SK being the best choice for both.

Which is in my opinion the best change of 8.1.

I just started playing my ele shaman again she is only 352 i level and she feels so much better than when i stopped playing here about 2 months ago. wish her gear was up to par and i could play her more as our raid team is melee heavy but then that means more work for me. It is much more enjoyable tho.

IMO they need to give every ranged caster 1 channeled spell they can cast while moving. I remember in MoP when ele shamans was last class to have the only castable spell while moving and tears was flowing heavy by every other class.

in a way it makes sence to not be able to move and cast a channeled spell while moving but i think if everyone had just one things would be nicer. idk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sosleapy View Post
    IMO they need to give every ranged caster 1 channeled spell they can cast while moving. I remember in MoP when ele shamans was last class to have the only castable spell while moving and tears was flowing heavy by every other class.

in a way it makes sence to not be able to move and cast a channeled spell while moving but i think if everyone had just one things would be nicer. idk
    Correct me if i am wrong, but ele was not the first, nor the only caster spec that had castable while moving spells. That would be Scorch for fire mages.

You have to understand that the game has intentionally moved away from this. I remember back in the watercooler dev posts, the developer stated they wanted movement and positioning to matter. This has been their philosophy ever since - that's why the boss mechanics have evolved in such manner.

With that said, ele has a few things to do on the move and you should be spending every second moving casting either frost shocks, refreshing FS or having ES ready.

Back to the actual patch, 8.1. is amazing for ele, even tho i played it since start of BfA and didn't have much problems - i was rather appaled by the negative reception of the community. With almost 9 years and 400 days played on my shaman, BfA ele is not even close to being its worst iteration.

Call of thunder and Surge of power are amazing for PvP. Not only because of the ES+SK+LB combo - i was surprised to see that the root from FrS does NOT break on damage from shaman, which is amazing against melee - our historical struggle. I am actually happy that Earthfury has been removed - even if it was really fun to win the RNG lottery and potentially stunlock and burst someone, now that i think about it, it occured far too little and it had a large set up. Now i can atleast pick other PvP talents....

I have noticed my single target damage going up, and on 5+ targets only DHs are beating me on the meters. I only wish MoE talent was more potent in PvE - i love juggling the spells to get the best out of the talent.

I have also completely used to FS having a CD again, as it had for all of it's existence prior to Legion. In PvE - it is not an issue. Over 3-4 targets, you should CL+EQ, not spread FS. In PvP, this is to keep the LvS procs going out of control, as long is Lava Surge itself is designed the way it is. I said this a couple of times - in Legion, in PvP you only really casted SK and a Healing Surge, since 10-15 back to back procs of LvS were common, all while drowning in Maelstrom due to Fire and Ice pvp talent, thus pumping those Earth Shocks (and stunning people with an extremely disruptive stun which didn't DR with anything, not even itself). That just had to be dialed back.

2-3 targets and cleave is weak, that i agree on. However, ele is not the only spec that has this issue - as it was stated by the devs, they wanted different specs to excel at different situations. Now, i wouldn't mind being awesome in that regard aswell, but as long both dunegon and raid encounters allow all specs to shine, there shouldn't be a big problem with this. Ofcourse, it is up to Blizzard to deliver on this.

Anyway, i still miss Gust of Wind, and i hope someday it will make its way back to our spellbook. If anything, i really miss having something to survive while navigating cliffs and slopes.

P.S. Honorary mention to the new trait Tectonic Thunder - massive buff to fun factor of the spec.
    Last edited by mmoc23033661e0; 2018-12-19 at 02:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalaadu View Post
    Correct me if i am wrong, but ele was not the first, nor the only caster spec that had castable while moving spells. That would be Scorch for fire mages.
    there was many classes that could cast channeled abilities and move back in MoP and before. Ele shaman was like the last ones to have ours taken away even tho at the time our dps was still shit compared to almost like every caster.

yeah we have Frost shock and Earth shock and refreshing Flameshock it was just something that seemed to hurt us more back then.

But even with beginning of BfA i liked my ele shaman just was not my main. probly wont be my main but i want to put more work into her as my other 2 mains are pretty decked out and ready to go for next raid.

Should be super happy,

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...9pjZh#fight=16

Shaman's we taking over!!!!

Personally think the changes are embarrassing.

None of the new talents make any impact whatsoever, and they've made the spec even less interesting by making passive talents the strongest ones.
    Lava burst, one of the most satisfying spells, it at its weakest and all they did was make our numbers go up.

Shocking attempt to hide the problems and shame on those praising blizzard for this "rework".

Quote Originally Posted by o17ver View Post
    Personally think the changes are embarrassing.

None of the new talents make any impact whatsoever, and they've made the spec even less interesting by making passive talents the strongest ones.
    Lava burst, one of the most satisfying spells, it at its weakest and all they did was make our numbers go up.

Shocking attempt to hide the problems and shame on those praising blizzard for this "rework".
    Listen. We get it you want fun and interesting and your cake. At least Ele can compete now. Try and be a glass half full guy for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Patchwerk simulations are as useful as nun's nipples.
    They're useful for bosses like mythic taloc the most important boss in uldir. You can't complete a raid with downing the first boss #wreck #getguud #flawlesslogic.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

Love dominating my guild in dps.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...pe=damage-done

2nd parse is 8.0 single target encounter to show I have been playing ele the entire expansion. Ive been happy the entire time with ele shammy.

Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They're useful for bosses like mythic taloc the most important boss in uldir. You can't complete a raid with downing the first boss #wreck #getguud #flawlesslogic.
    Ele is Middle pack on sims: "omg ele is useless, piece of crap class, not palyable', Ele is first on sims and top on loga "sims do not matter, people cheese bosses, logs are worthless now'

#smartCommunity #getbrain #sheep

PS. Even Method players are comfirming that Ele is one of the beat ST classss, and rest AoE class for Raids. Ele will be very good in new raid if blizzard don't decide to Nerf it.
    Moreover, Ele is already great for m+. I don't recall doing +15 Freehold and pulling 17k total dps on mage with 370ilvl...

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy shit I just watched an Ele shaman completely destroy on Ghuun mythic on YouTube and came to this forum to see what that's about. You guys should be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Damage is not everything. To me the class feels terrible. FS cooldown is terrible. The rotation is boring as hell. And like always, we will see what happens in the new tier with movement, because Ele is also lacking that.
    FS is 6s CD for 30s duration, at least ele is not some odd dot like class that split fs and use instant lvb.