Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    They're useful for bosses like mythic taloc the most important boss in uldir. You can't complete a raid with downing the first boss #wreck #getguud #flawlesslogic.
    Ele is Middle pack on sims: "omg ele is useless, piece of crap class, not palyable', Ele is first on sims and top on loga "sims do not matter, people cheese bosses, logs are worthless now'

    #smartCommunity #getbrain #sheep

    PS. Even Method players are comfirming that Ele is one of the beat ST classss, and rest AoE class for Raids. Ele will be very good in new raid if blizzard don't decide to Nerf it.
    Moreover, Ele is already great for m+. I don't recall doing +15 Freehold and pulling 17k total dps on mage with 370ilvl...

  2. #62
    Herald of the Titans CptEgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    2,520
    Holy shit I just watched an Ele shaman completely destroy on Ghuun mythic on YouTube and came to this forum to see what that's about. You guys should be happy.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Holy shit I just watched an Ele shaman completely destroy on Ghuun mythic on YouTube and came to this forum to see what that's about. You guys should be happy.
    Damage is not everything. To me the class feels terrible. FS cooldown is terrible. The rotation is boring as hell. And like always, we will see what happens in the new tier with movement, because Ele is also lacking that.
    "All that said, the fiery partisan passion that wells up in my heart watching this, it's a Herculean task trying to tamp it down"-Dacien

    Never forget that Trump supporters feel "fiery partisan passion" when an accused rapist is being forced onto the Supreme court. Deplorable to the end.

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Damage is not everything. To me the class feels terrible. FS cooldown is terrible. The rotation is boring as hell. And like always, we will see what happens in the new tier with movement, because Ele is also lacking that.
    FS is 6s CD for 30s duration, at least ele is not some odd dot like class that split fs and use instant lvb.

  5. #65
    Why is holy priest in there but disc is not lol?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Just because something is high on sims, does not mean it is a good/fun spec. Call the storm have helped alot, but it is still a spec with its flaws.

    Also, we are still one the least mobile specs in the game, so i bet we will still us lose heavily on many fights when it comes to dps.
    Yep, strong spec. But gotta try and pair your movement with Lava Surge procs, Available earth shocks, or stormkeeper charges or your damage suffers greatly. You can get caught with your pants down getting a mechanic and just tank your damage.

  7. #67
    I remember in 7.2 and 7.3 demo warlocks simmed way higher than any other spec. In real situations demonology was a joke a complete laughing stock if you played one you were an idiot they were the worst spec in the game....

  8. #68
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by BradTheBard87 View Post
    You can get caught with your pants down getting a mechanic and just tank your damage.
    I hear this a lot but is it really the case? I can understand on fights where you constantly have to readjust and you're barely able to land hard casts but if we're talking dodging aoe to go back in to turret it's not like Ele is a demanding spec with a complex rotation in the event that you miss a cast or two depending on your MS and procs.

    I could very well be wrong though.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    I hear this a lot but is it really the case? I can understand on fights where you constantly have to readjust and you're barely able to land hard casts but if we're talking dodging aoe to go back in to turret it's not like Ele is a demanding spec with a complex rotation in the event that you miss a cast or two depending on your MS and procs.

    I could very well be wrong though.
    It's honestly the same as any other caster, maybe even favors ele a bit because lava surge and frost shock, but it can be crippling as all hell if it's during elemental, although that's also just as bad for anyone else.

    Ele doesn't lose any more than other casters having to move. All casters suck ass when they have to move.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's honestly the same as any other caster, maybe even favors ele a bit because lava surge and frost shock, but it can be crippling as all hell if it's during elemental, although that's also just as bad for anyone else.

    Ele doesn't lose any more than other casters having to move. All casters suck ass when they have to move.
    Not really. Ele suffers more, as each missed cast due to movement not only takes the damage from the spell, but also reduces the amount of generated MS throughout the fight. Also our filler hits harder than fillers of other casters, so we lose much more dmg if we can't keep casting it.

  11. #71
    People are never happy

  12. #72
    The Lightbringer Niwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,530
    number wise ? yes.
    non boring game play wise ? no.
    mobility wise ? no.
    talent wise ? no.
    fun wise ? no.
    def cd wise ? no.

    but blizz will not care anyway. so what.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's honestly the same as any other caster, maybe even favors ele a bit because lava surge and frost shock, but it can be crippling as all hell if it's during elemental, although that's also just as bad for anyone else.

    Ele doesn't lose any more than other casters having to move. All casters suck ass when they have to move.
    i play mage and shaman. i can assure you, you have no glue what you are talking about.

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    number wise ? yes.
    non boring game play wise ? no.
    mobility wise ? no.
    talent wise ? no.
    fun wise ? no.
    def cd wise ? no.

    but blizz will not care anyway. so what.

    - - - Updated - - -



    i play mage and shaman. i can assure you, you have no glue what you are talking about.
    It is your personal opinion though.

    Personally, I like every aspect of Ele as it is right now, and IMO blizzard is doing a great job bringing the spec back. Ele has clear weak and strong sides.

  14. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    Not really. Ele suffers more, as each missed cast due to movement not only takes the damage from the spell, but also reduces the amount of generated MS throughout the fight. Also our filler hits harder than fillers of other casters, so we lose much more dmg if we can't keep casting it.
    You realize every caster has a resource, and every caster loses said resource when they aren't casting, right? It's the exact same for every caster.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post


    i play mage and shaman. i can assure you, you have no glue what you are talking about.
    Mages have off-gcd blink if they talent it, which I heavily considered throwing in there as a caveat, but that's the only real thing any other caster has over us. Some people can spam dots but they don't really do more than frost shock when spammed. I've played mage plenty, and yeah I'd agree they are better at movement, but it's not nearly as bad as all of you try to make it.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2019-01-17 at 06:42 PM.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    It's honestly the same as any other caster, maybe even favors ele a bit because lava surge and frost shock, but it can be crippling as all hell if it's during elemental, although that's also just as bad for anyone else.

    Ele doesn't lose any more than other casters having to move. All casters suck ass when they have to move.
    You should try other classes, they are fun.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by HCLM View Post
    It is your personal opinion though.

    Personally, I like every aspect of Ele as it is right now, and IMO blizzard is doing a great job bringing the spec back. Ele has clear weak and strong sides.
    Which a lot of other classes do not. And that has been one of the complaints, if blizzard actually stuck to their guns and made ever class have pro/cons to it, maybe there would be less complaining.
    "All that said, the fiery partisan passion that wells up in my heart watching this, it's a Herculean task trying to tamp it down"-Dacien

    Never forget that Trump supporters feel "fiery partisan passion" when an accused rapist is being forced onto the Supreme court. Deplorable to the end.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Mages have off-gcd blink if they talent it, which I heavily considered throwing in there as a caveat, but that's the only real thing any other caster has over us.
    Off-gcd? If only that, thanks to Shimmer (which most people take for PvE) you can blink midcast, with two charges to boot.

    You seem to confuse being able to do something while moving with mobility / gap closer, a caster might as well have no (spamable) instant cast at all, as long as they have powerful short CD gap closer, their mobility issues are solved in PvE for most situations.

    Simply doing:
    Hardcast => Gap closer => Hardcast
    is superior to
    Hardcast => spam inferior Instant ability while moving => repeat until you've reached your destination => go back to hardcast.


    The only time where spamable abilities gain an advantage over gap closer are if you are forced to move (like someone else keeps pressing forward on your keyboard) or if the movement situation lasts that long that gap closers aren't cutting it anymore.

    Thing is, most of time in PvE, you need to get quickly from Point A to Point B, where anything like Blink / Wild Charge / Demonic Circle is vastly superior to spamming an Instant ability.
    Unless said instant ability is close to dps neutral, which Frost shock isn't.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2019-01-17 at 06:48 PM.

  17. #77
    It may do more DPS but it plays a lot worse. Spending two-thirds of the fight spamming lightning bolt isn't fun.

  18. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    snip.
    Except you rarely move for more than that gap closers GCD, the GW gcd, or the single frost/flame shock gcd.
    Ghuun is the only fight this tier I can say you move enough, and consistently to the same locations, that those gap closers made a real difference. Also largely because you can jump the ledge with them (which was absolutely way better than what we have).

    The biggest movement patterns in raids nowadays are -

    Running something out - which often puts you out of range, or you weren't going more than a gcd worth of distance in the first place. If you have a consistent point you go to then circle can be strong for getting there but not back. Boomkins can run out with travel form and back with wild charge, but that's maybe half a gcd more than ghost wolfing out then back. Shadow is fucked. Mages can do this better but won't get more than a gcd or so on everyone else.
    We are in the bad group here but we can still do it quickly, we just lose more than most.

    sidestepping/grouping up spreading out - which does the same damage to everyone since it's usually only 1-2 gcds. If you have a lava surge or earth shock we do this better than spriests, arcane, demo, and aff (refreshing dots does no damage and with the new traits, is a bad thing), about equal to a boomkin with SS, a warlock with conflag, and frost/fire mages. As long as you have an instant and plan ahead you do this the same.
    We're in the better half here.

    soaking something nearby - Mages will win this every time obviously, since they can blink directly to any point and cross most rooms randomly quickly. But circle and wild charge don't help here, and shadow priests might as well not bother. This is the the one most likely to have consistent movement with filler gcds needed.
    We can get to soaks faster than most and get back to dpsing, unless they are consistently in the same spots.

    everyone going to X location - I'd say we're the best at this unless the location is very consistent, at which point warlocks are better because circle. Something like imonar bridge we can cross way faster than everyone else and I was constantly on the far side dpsing way before any other ranged.


    You can see where each ranged (barring hunters obviously, but even they could be put in here) have a type of raid movement they do well in, and a type they suck at. Except shadow priests who suck at every type of movement, and suffer even more than us when they have to move.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2019-01-17 at 07:29 PM.

  19. #79
    Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    You realize every caster has a resource, and every caster loses said resource when they aren't casting, right? It's the exact same for every caster.



    Mages have off-gcd blink if they talent it, which I heavily considered throwing in there as a caveat, but that's the only real thing any other caster has over us. Some people can spam dots but they don't really do more than frost shock when spammed. I've played mage plenty, and yeah I'd agree they are better at movement, but it's not nearly as bad as all of you try to make it.
    You're playing only HC farms or never saw a heavy movement fight that had impact on your dps. During SE you need 30seconds of no moving to make full use of it. After SE ends you have to stand still and cast LB which is now the hardest hitting spell outside of ES. And we don't have ANY spell that can help us move from point A to B in an instant.

    Compared to that you have:
    - BM hunters who dps in run
    - Mages who have 2 (3 as arcane) shimmers, tons of instants, and don't have builders at all. Frost have some kind of Combo Points, but he has so many instants he is hardly hindered by movement
    - Warlocks kings of high movement fights
    - Shadow priests same as Warlock
    - Boomking are kind of meh on movement fights too now

    Ele is a turret. Topping dps when there is no much movement, and falling behind if they have to move a lot.

  20. #80
    Class still plays and feels like sh*t.
    Rotations are awful and talents dont help enough to make the spec more enjoyable.
    BfA = Worst product ever made by Blizzard.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •