Battle pet xp got nerfed?

I was planning to level up some my battle pets for some chunks xp from Trainers WQ and apparently the result of exp got nerfed alot. Now we only get measly 112-200 xp for it. Is this intended change or bugged?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    I was planning to level up some my battle pets for some chunks xp from Trainers WQ and apparently the result of exp got nerfed alot. Now we only get measly 112-200 xp for it. Is this intended change or bugged?
    Intended unfortunately.

https://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/...ience-changed/

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Well fuck, back to old way leveling then

Have you tried fighting wild pets? They gave 11-12k exp with WM on/rested before.

- - - Updated - - -

Well fuck, back to old way leveling then
    There are patches where you can find 4-6 wild pets clumped in one spot. you lvl quick.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Have you tried fighting wild pets? They gave 11-12k exp with WM on/rested before.

- - - Updated - - -

There are patches where you can find 4-6 wild pets clumped in one spot. you lvl quick.
    yeah, that'll do.

yeah, that'll do.
    I lend myself out sometimes as a battle pet lvl'er for hire. I lvl alts while lvl'ing up battle pets for gold on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, I think the was talking about leveling pets, not characters. Getting 11-12k pet experience for fighting wild pets would be insane.

Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    Uh, I think the was talking about leveling pets, not characters. Getting 11-12k pet experience for fighting wild pets would be insane.
    yeah, wtf? 11k?

That's unfortunate. I quite enjoyed finding setups to allow the leveling of pets through the BFA pet battle WQs.

Guess I'm glad I mostly focused on level 1 pets lately since they go from 1 to 9 in a single battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Actually I was talking about character experience. Sorry, for the confusion.

Deleted
    I guess it would have made too much sense to make them give xp as normal if you're doing the world quest and nerf xp when you're not doing the world quest.

Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    I guess it would have made too much sense to make them give xp as normal if you're doing the world quest and nerf xp when you're not doing the world quest.
    That's a good idea. Wonder why they didn't think of it.

I don't know why they reduced it anyway. Is getting pets to level 25 quicker a game breaking issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    That's a good idea. Wonder why they didn't think of it.

I don't know why they reduced it anyway. Is getting pets to level 25 quicker a game breaking issue?
    Been like this since... almost how many years since battle pets was out? 8 years? Fucking pissing POOR excuses to CUE THE BATTLE PET NERF XP. That's just showing us that monkeys were taking over in blizzard headquarter since?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty annoyed by this, to be fair.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    I'm pretty annoyed by this, to be fair.
    Just a thing that made it worth it to go out in the (current expansion) world a bit even after rep grind is finished. Denied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tcable View Post
    Just a thing that made it worth it to go out in the (current expansion) world a bit even after rep grind is finished. Denied.
    Well to be fair, my #1 reason to go out into the world for pet battle dailies was the polished pet tokens. The exp was just... well, reason #2 I guess. I dont like having to level on wild pets. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Well to be fair, my #1 reason to go out into the world for pet battle dailies was the polished pet tokens. The exp was just... well, reason #2 I guess. I dont like having to level on wild pets. :/
    With this new change they also increased the change and amount of tokens you get from pet battle WQs tho. you are less likely to get Ap/resource/gold from them now and get more tokens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess we can just buy the epic level-up stones with the tokens now, though that dont feel as nice as helping my little underdogs beat a full lvl 25 team and get a big chunk of exp from 'em. meh.

Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    With this new change they also increased the change and amount of tokens you get from pet battle WQs tho. you are less likely to get Ap/resource/gold from them now and get more tokens.
    so it took them 2-3 years to think of that change? We get absurd good exp from it Dailies trainer since battle pet were released and i don't understand the change with this rubbish. It's time saving and less hassle speed leveling your pets. Since they upper'd 25 level stone to 60 charms instead 40. They should revert it back to 40 charms. Ok blizzard, whatever your doing, this xpac get beyond retarded.
    Last edited by trapmaster; 2018-12-14 at 08:58 PM.