I vote Knights of the Fallen Empire would have been a better Star Wars movie than 7/8

I just saw the cinematic for Knights of the Fallen Empire... I mean just wow... this and its sequel would have been a better movie imo. And i don't hate episode 7 or 8

I mean... just WOW. It's got it all... if the same company can do this... i rate it on par with any of the older star wars stuff, and a really exciting new plot --- if this is what they were capable off, why did we get 7 and 8.. which seemed more of a rehash than a continuation?
    Last edited by Beloren; 2018-12-13 at 08:24 PM.

I agree. The vids above reveal that it's loads more mature, and would have told a far better story>
    That it would be far more interesting isn't even saying much since almost everything else would have been so.

Always loved The Old Republic cinematics, often I'll go on cinematic video binges on youtube, watching all these, WoW ones etc. As for making a movie, its the same with the Warcraft movie, most of the WoW cinematics are much better than the Warcraft movie turned out to be.

I think the first knights of the old republic would have been great too. Granted i was young but that plot twist was amazing. At least with my rose colored glasses on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    I just saw the cinematic for Knights of the Fallen Empire... I mean just wow... this and its sequel would have been a better movie imo. And i don't hate episode 7 or 8

I mean... just WOW. It's got it all... if the same company can do this... i rate it on par with any of the older star wars stuff, and a really exciting new plot --- if this is what they were capable off, why did we get 7 and 8.. which seemed more of a rehash than a continuation?
    So based on a 4-7 minute clip you are sure they could stretch it out to a 2h long movie and have it be as good? Sure the synopsis is great but there needs to be things there inbetween and a good script and a lot more...
    Having that said I hope after Ep9 they will start branching out more. Would love to see new characters with no connection to the old ones. Have the story taking place 1000 years in the past like the old republic or 1000 years in the future or in a completely different galaxy like the new Mandalorian series seems to be.

it really would have been.

but, i will always have a hatred for fallen empire, because of what they did to emperor vitiate.

they turned him into just another(cooler looking at least) palpatine clone, when before his motivations were so much more interesting. he wanted to devour the whole galaxy so that he could live eternally and would do it through different lives as life arose and died again. a farmer, a king, whatever. but in fallen empire, he's just a powerful power-hungry sith emperor. nothing more.

TOR from a writing and storytelling perspective is leaps and bounds better than any MMO and most SP titles. I just wish they waited another year to launch so they'd have better endgame content and that they didn't copy the worst thing about post-TBC WoW where you could remote queue for content, essentially leaving the world empty.

This is a thread about a video game in the Cinema subforum. There is a VG subforum if you want to discuss SWTOR. If you want to discuss your perceived shortcomings of the films, there's megathreads for both Episode 7 and 8. Closing.