Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Spec vs spec? Good players can make it work in most situations up to the level of people who have already tested it.

I would be more concerned with ongoing issues with talents being unusable right after a big patch. No real choices so we all get bored of the very fixed toolkits within specs. If they put some effort into fixing the balance between talents the specs would actually have toolkits that didn’t feel so linear and boring.

Then there are blatant turds like drain soul still floating...

10+ Year Old Account
    8.1 looking extremely good for Warlocks all around. People who know wtf they are doing will be able to do it any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People who know wtf they are doing will be able to do it any spec.
    QFT. I'm not a cutting-edge awesome player and never have been, but I've largely stuck with Destro going all the way back to Ulduar because the rhythm has always felt natural to me. I don't need to look at anything - I just have a sense of what happens when and I know how my CDs work and generally can tell how many shards I have without looking. I can focus on my execution and don't really have to think about it. I generally do very well in the spec and even if there's more mathematical potential in other specs, overall I best serve the raid in Destro. Yes, it's very CD based and so you can bomb hard sometimes, but I prefer it to a proc-based playstyle of something like, say, Enh shaman.

The playstyles are really very, very different. Chances are any average player is better at one of these styles than the other, and that spec affinity is going to generally outweigh theoretical mathematical gains. In an ideal world a person masters all three and chooses the best kit for the job on hand, but the average person is always going to be best in the spec they're most comfortable with.

Unfortunately as someone else also mentioned, it appears there are many "spread cleave" fights in BoD which means affliction will prob be mostly mandatory

destro could be very strong on quite a few of the new fights mainly due to trait stacking such as abusing multiple Flashpoint traits on fights with spawning adds, you could probably average 80% uptime on 2k haste on a few encounters next tier

I can see all 3 specs having their place at the moment.

Destro's raid traits could hold it back but time will tell.

I don't expect Demo to be a superstar in BFD, but I will keep playing it in Mythic+. It will not have Array stacks to boost Haste up over 25% in early progression, if ever.

Affliction will be my raid focus, but I'm simply going to adapt as needed.
    Back when dot snapshotting was a thing, I wrote this piece of junk.