10+ Year Old Account

Alternate storylines needed for BfA, a petition to Blizz.

Again Blizzard thinks we players are fine with their decisions to let us do genocide on harmless and lastly to even sick people.

No way!
    Me as a player I've big ethical problems with doing these kind of quests.
    Also, I've no idea why Blizzard would think we would enjoy?? this kind of stories and quests??

So, I hope we players can make a start with alternate storylines (for example) starting from the moment Sylvanas burns NE-home Teldrassil.
    I hope with this we can help Blizzard with some creativeness, and some more human seponses in their storylines.

All your input is welcome!
    My only request to you is: Please keep your posts supportive to eachother.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to start with a small story about Waitiri,
    a female Troll shaman who stands on the beach of Darkshore and sees Teldrassil buring,
    here are her reactions...

The whole sky is illuminated, I can hear the cracking fire over that distance, I can even feel the heat.
    Teldrassil is burning.
    Watching the fire, I feel my breath is more calming, the adrenaline rush is ending.
    I see fire is dancing,
    But I also sense nature is mourning.
    A cold shiver goes down my back
    What have I done?
    All those families, young ones, elderly .. dead.
    All those wild life, tigers, birds, boars, bears .. gone.
    Furious fire is dancing, making cracking sounds, large fire tongues hitting the sky.
    Fire is beautifull.
    But nature is mourning.
    I feel myself becoming sad.
    Sad about all those families .. gone,
    Little children playing in their houses .. gone.
    I'm holding my belly and think of my little one in there, I'm pregnant of my first child.

Further on the beach I see Sylvanas standing, she stands emotionless and watches the fire too.
    I decide to go back into the bush, I have to sit down.
    Behind some big rocks I find myself protected by earth.
    Because I have to calm down, have to put myself together, I do not want the Warchief sees me like this... I have to think .. too.

We burned Teldrassil.
    My Warchief commanded us to burn the tree
    All those families, little ones, and all those beautiful animals.
    All .. dead.
    Damn Night elves, why did you bother us.
    Burning fire is fiercely dancing and cracking, even between the trees I can hear the fire.
    Nature is mourning, I could not do any decent healing right now.

What will I tell my little one, when he grews up about this day?
    Will there be feirce hero stories to tell?
    Will I tell him about the beautiful fiercely dancing cracking fires, touching the high sky?
    About honoring my Warchief?
    About the Night elves did bother us?
    What will I tell about the mourning nature, the lost families, beautiful animals gone,
    Since a long time they are our enemies, but we worked together during the time of Legion. How can I explain this to my little one.
    Because I even did study and fight together with Dwarves and Draenei. Some even became a friend.
    And now we killed families in their homes.
    She pushed us to move and attack as fast as we could ... so no one could flee.
    But this was not a warfront, this was their home.
    We killed innocents, children.
    I'm confused, I need more time to rethink this
    I've to discuss this with master Gadrin.
    Silently I retreat myself more into the bushes and find myself on my way to master Gadrin.

I would love to read your stories, I'm curious about yours.
    Ofcourse, I'm most interested in reactions and stories NOT following the main storyline.

Like how would Pandarean have reacted on this?
    Because they were split between Alliance and Horde, and most probably there would have been Panda on both sides present at that moment.
    And what about nature loving Tauren?

Roleplay section is elsewhere.

On topic, suck it up. You have no idea how tormenting Hyjal was to me (and yes, it was mandatory unlike Vashjir).

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry I do not know, I missed Hyjal.

But one more thing,
    - How we all did things in the past, is not a guarantee to do this same in future, over and over again.
    - We all evolve and develop us.

So tell me, if you could, what would you at this time change in Hyjal that time?
    About, relating to alternate stories, not following the main storylines.
    Perhaps we all can learn from it

ps: I did check again, still not found a rp section, so I leave this to moderator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, i totally get you.

My character seeing teldrassil was all like "What a shame. They were good men. What a rotten way to die".

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yeah, i totally get you.

My character seeing teldrassil was all like "What a shame. They were good men. What a rotten way to die".
    It doesnt work in text form, it needs that deadpan tone and lipsmack.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.
    Weird you seem serious in an otherwise funny post.
    You're not the playerbase, just 1 player. And u can't make a compelling story (lol) with just rainbows.
    The issue mostly with the story is that we only get minor advancements over the course of months. To much time to ponder.

I don't have more to add.
    Lokann ogar!
    /brofist
    lotharion: "inserting the Lich King as a scooby doo villain didn't exactly make him scary in the slightest."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealpeni View Post
    Lol.
    Weird you seem serious in an otherwise funny post.
    You're not the playerbase, just 1 player. And u can't make a compelling story (lol) with just rainbows.
    The issue mostly with the story is that we only get minor advancements over the course of months. To much time to ponder.

I don't have more to add.
    Not a compelling story for you?
    Every story begins as a reaction to some occasion, same like this story, this is just the beginning....
    Depending on the reactions this can grow larger.
    My wish was and is to make steps to Rebellion against Sylvanas, so from within the Horde, as my toons are mostly Troll.

And like every story, it begins with a first step, this is my first step, as Blizz. is not doing it (yet?).

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    It doesnt work in text form, it needs that deadpan tone and lipsmack.
    Especially the lipsmack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part II

When I entered Sen'jin Village, it was still dark.
    Sen'jin Village always feels home, it's my centre of the world.
    I saw it was Master Gadrin sitting in front of the campfire.
    He was drying some herbs next to the fire.
    For he's a witchdoctor I know the spirits have told him about my arriving and my confusions.
    So, I just sat down next to him and waited for his voice.
    Because I know, if he would not say anything, he would disagree with me.

But he turned his head to me and gave me a wink.
    And said:
    Relax young one,
    You're right with all your feelings, questions and your doubts.
    All is true.
    But for know we can not change this.
    We have to wait for the right moment.
    But in the meanwhile, perhaps you could talk with some.
    I suggest you first take a nap and have a meal before you travel to Silithus, as the Earthen Ring is there with the Cenarion Circle to help Magni Bronzebeard.
    Perhaps there you can find answers.
    For there might be more reasons then we now see, to destroy the World Tree Teldrassil.
    Consult them and Magni, was the last he said before he went back into his hut.

----
    This point gives us many opportunities, scenarios:
    1) Earthren Ring could perhaps advice us to consult Thrall: I've no clue what he could bring in at this moment?
    2) By also consulting The Cenarion Circle we will learn about other reactions from other races and classes.
    3) Perhaps they will advice us to consult the Dragons, or some dragon specially? To do what?
    4) Magni could tell us if the saronite beneath the World Tree was affected by old-god Yogg-Saron.
    Because if that would be the case, then probably his prison wouldn't last for long..?

Do you think we have more options?
    And what would be your choice?

That's what roleplayers are for, bro.

But I'm with you that we should have seen more examples of the Horde reacting to Sylvanas's actions. The most we've really gotten are the God of War reference chaps in Orgrimmar and the people on the ship following a certain event in the 8.1 war campaign.

@Obvious10 I think this belongs more in the RP forums than here.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/300-Role-Playing
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Interesting fan-fiction.
    I'm with @therealpeni though.
    I'm okay with Sylvanas and her war against the Alliance. I understand her motives, so... yeah, interesting fan-fiction but no thank you.

Sure, this sounds fun. My Warlock's perspective.

Something feels off about this whole thing.
    I'm no friend to humans, they've killed too many of ours over the years, but after Swordfall things should be different. The strange blue crystal-man told us that the world is dying. The blade is causing Azeroth to haemorrhage. It...no, she...is dying, and now the banshee wants a war? At this time of all times?

The battle itself felt as good as ever, seeing their soldiers trying so hard to stand against my servants and inevitably falling. Ironic that they should survive the invasion of the Burning Legion, only to be cooked by a horde of Imps all the same when the fighting ceased. Fel creatures always make a mockery of the weaker races. Or at least, under the right guidance. How the Legion managed to fail with such power at its command is beyond me. With a handful of their weakest footsoldiers we've made so much headway, and it's been fun. It should be fun.

And yet, something's wrong.

Because this is what we do, right? The Alliance are the enemy and given the chance they'd have us back in the camps that Father would never talk about. Greymane attacked us in Stormheim. This is self-defence. How many other times have they attacked us. They want us dead, and the tower of metal piercing Silithus will only make them forget that for so long. This will protect us.

But still, something's wrong.

Something about Stormrage's words, maybe? They seemed to echo through the woods, the wind through dark branches whispering them in an uncanny imitation of the elf's voice. These woods are haunted.
    "You have led your Horde in service of death." You will regret this day.
    Why should we regret victory? They're beaten now. Those words were his last from the sound of it, and their heads will drop without their mighty "Shan'do". The woman isn't the symbol that he is. If Malfurion Stormrage is dead, then Teldrassil is ours.

I can see its mighty boughs across the water. There are elven corpses scattered around me on the sand, mixed with some of our own. A large shoulderpad that is so familiar lies at my feet. The simple black metal glistens dully in Darkshore's eerie half-light, outlining it from the sand which entombs it. The corpse of the Gol'reth lies next to it, the exposed shoulder now a ruin of gore. Dark red outlines the gap that an elven glaive found in the armour that was supposed to protect his gut.
    He'd fought well, as always. His axe is more blood than metal, from the look of it. His death isn't what feels wrong though, even though it hurts.

In service of death

His spirit deserves to rest here on the field. I close my eyes, as tongues of green flame surround my shaking hands. I extend my arms, and flame obediently reaches out to the flesh of my friend, taking root eagerly. We both agree that much of the old rites are spiritual nonsense, but neither of us can argue with the core tenet of the flame liberating the soul from the body. I'd have much more trouble binding my servants were that not the case. Soul harvesting through flame has served me well. Necessary sacrifices.

You will regret this day.

Gol'reth's life is just another of those. Sylvanas has her prize Plenty of prisoners lie across the water who can be used to bargain. Peace can be kept on our terms. The shaman can restore the land with their restorative tides, and we can enjoy the peace we fought so hard for. I extend my hands and the flame surges. It momentarily crosses my mind that I could borrow my friend's soul. He'd fought to protect my research often enough, had sparred with my Felguard. Perhaps he could help further.

service of death

No.
    He's earned his rest. He's bought us rest.
    The fire rises still further, and then slowly, surely, dies down to nothing.
    Ash fills the collapsed armour, slightly deformed from the intense heat.

It's over.

Fire crackles.

Rope creaks

Wood thuds against wood.

Glistening Azerite becomes raging chaos.

You will regret this day

Regret is the tongues of blue-tinged fire heating my green skin.
    Regret is the elf-flesh singing my nostrils.
    Regret is their screams burning my ears.

The world tree is ablaze, and I fear the world might soon be too.

Why would she do it like this? It's madness. It's...wrong. The tree was filled with civilians. We did not agree to killing civilians. The sentries signed up for this. The sentinels signed up for this. Not the civilians. Something I learned early in my career was choosing targets. Those who had signed up for war had signed their own death warrants, just as Gol'reth had.

And they'll retaliate. They have to. This is going to be war like none that I can remember. And all while the ground is spewing forth the very essence of our world. Why would the Warchief make this our priority? Why would she kill those who aren't a part of this?
    That's not war. That's just murder.

in service of death

The sacrifices made here were just the beginning. Elf souls rise screaming from the boughs of what was once a tree of life.

regret

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx for moving the thread to Role play section.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Sure, this sounds fun. My Warlock's perspective.
    Nice writing, thumbs up