Thread: Holy in M+

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapotato69 View Post
    Dont waste your time and mana casting Prayer of Healing in mythic+.
    Trail of Light + Surge of Light talents + Flash Heal, Renew, Prayer of Mending + Holy word: Serenity is the way to go in mythic dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would you use Hymn in mythic+ lmao. Its pointless.

Are you sure you're using the right talents for your holy priest and correct stats? With lots of crits 1 Flash Heal + flash heal procs from talent + trail of light (almost like a Beacon spell from Hpaladin) + Holy word:Serenity combo can top the group faster than channeling Hymn or cast Prayer of Healing. Remember to use Prayer of Mending everytime its off CD and Renew is always on tank.
    I rarely use PoH. I am currently at 23% with haste at 16%.

Does Promise of Deliverance stacks? I have it on 2 Azerite pieces, so if not I should replace it.
    Any help with talents, stats and traits would be welcomed, check my link here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...row/Archangela
    Im casual player doing 6-7-8+, thanks

Promise of Deliverance doesn't stack.
    One Promise and 3 Permeating Glow is very strong.
    For donjon, Word of mending and Prayerfull Litanie aren't too good. You might want to use neutral second ring to boost your stats rather than Holy traits.
    A bit more haste is always usefull in donjon.
    Cosmic ripple is wasted outside of raid, you might prefer Guardian Angel and abuse the 60s cooldown of intense healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lihnida View Post
    Does Promise of Deliverance stacks? I have it on 2 Azerite pieces, so if not I should replace it.
    Any help with talents, stats and traits would be welcomed, check my link here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...row/Archangela
    Im casual player doing 6-7-8+, thanks
    It stacks the healing increase but not the cooldown reduction (this goes to all traits: %, CDR etc never stack).

As others have alluded to; Holy Priest throughput is great, but it lacks the benefits that other healers bring to m+ that gives them an edge. Damage is on the low side, no utility that isn't also covered by disc, worst survivability of any of the healers, low mobility, average mana conservation. That said, I think holy deals with the harder "healer affixes" - grievous and bursting, better than anyone else, except maybe resto druid, and your ability to cover for mistakes in < 10 keys with some of the best healer CDs make holy a pretty decent healer for PuG groups imo.

As a 409 Holy Priest, this week is hard for me doing 13+ even I struggled with 12+. Teeming mobs and Volcanoes in ML 13+ lowered my moral to the level to start thinking of lvling a monk. even thou Im a die hard Holy fan....

I did several in time 15-16 keys this week and do not have the same experience. I am around 408 gear and I run 3 permeating glow of which 2 are 405 lvl gear. But that 3 permeating glow + trail of light + surge of light + natural high crit due to our stacking crit-mastery gear has real value. Just I used crit versa gear wherever I can + the alchemy trinket and that %10 versa (%5 dmg reduction)also made a difference for my survival.

I did 15/16 Galvazz with 45k hps spamming Prayer of Healing + holy words but we did not miss any soaks and changed when we had too high stacks. If you go there with a clueless group you can't save them with even higher hps.

Team composition, tank's dungeon experience and you knowing when to use yor CD's (mini bosses in Shrine for example) are more important than your traits or healing power.

For volcanoes I made a habit of moving after each cast to pre-emptively position myself. It worked most of the time. Not always. My total dps was aorund 5k which is not bad but probably discipline would heal the same and deal double damage at the same time.

Keys up to 15-16 are really possible with a good group. Beyond that monks and druids have easier time. You really need higher gear for throughput (i.e +410) good burst trinkets (mythic Champions trinket for example) or 415 Balefire for example to boost your healing.

Oh and forget about 15 KR tyranical week. I am looking at you grievous axe. You save 1 with Guardian Spirit, if others have some sort of immunity yes but if its a lock /balance druid/warrior etc gg.