Thread: #MorallyGrey

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen Alleria Windrunner View Post
    It's a shame that the Purge Squad was replaced. The Vulpera should be annihilated. If there is one thing I hate are silly races created just to please a cringe-worthy fraction of the playerbase (in this case, the furry community).
    Can't believe you writed something that is somewhat coherent, are you feeling well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    It's a shame that the Purge Squad was replaced. The Vulpera should be annihilated. If there is one thing I hate are silly races created just to please a cringe-worthy fraction of the playerbase (in this case, the furry community).
    I mean the Void Elves are pretty damn cringy

Quote Originally Posted by Alleria Windrunner View Post
    Wow, you are a really awful person. You sound like a damn Nazi.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I mean, in the live version of the assaults, the Alliance is attacking Vulpera caravans trafficking supplies for the Horde and mostly concerned with torching the war material and supplies. That's actually, no-memes morally grey. The only weird part is why is they send elite 7th Legion troops for such a task, but then again it seems like half the Alliance is in the 7th Legion now.

Where are Legions 1 to 6 anyway?
    What exactly makes the destruction of enemy war material and the soldiers defending it morally grey? That is just regular warfare. Nothing black or grey about it. Morally grey would be if the alliance kidnaps vulpera family members to oressure the remaining vulpera to sabotage the horde. Evil would be a complete purging. The again the horde is fighting a war against life itself, like Arthas did, so even purging would probably only be grey in the grand sheme.

The only thing that slightly worries me is if some people that actually support Sylvanas for the fun and for being THE interesting choice for the direction of the game, would agree with the same decisions if the same thing / kind of military and political decisions happened in our real lives...

I know people always say this is just a game, but some people speak with such conviction as if it was clearly the logical option to take, that sometimes i question if it is just trolling or if thry mean it for real as well in all situations or just for the fantasy game...
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-17 at 05:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    The only thing that slightly worries me is if people that actually support Sylvanas for the fun and for being THE interesting choice for the direction of the game, would agree with the same decisions if the same thing / kind of military and political decisions happened in our real lives...

I know people always say this is just a game, but some people speak with such conviction as if it was clearly the logical option to take, that sometimes i question if it is just trolling or if thry mean it for real as well in all situations or just for the fantasy game...
    Yup, nothing beats saturday afternooon ethnic cleansing. I try to participate at least 2 times a month.

Are you serious ?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yup, nothing beats saturday afternooon ethnic cleansing. I try to participate at least 2 times a month.

Are you serious ?
    I also totally support necromancy in RL.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post

Are you serious ?
    I am, unfortunately.

We are living in times where people are going to extremes in many countries. We see the growing hatred between political sides in countries like USA, Brazil, countries in Europe, etc. And this growing hatred and division is also somewhat represented in WoW.

Of course many people will just say "it is just a videogame, chill!". For them it might be, yes. It is for me.
    But the fact that we are living in uneasy times, and this kind of faction hatred (not only horde, also in alliance) seems to mirror somewhat our own reality. That is what worries me a bit.

PS: I'm not worried about your saturday afternoon ethnic cleansing twice a month... that means you are having fun playing horde in the warfronts on saturday

The only thing that slightly worries me is if people that actually support Sylvanas for the fun and for being THE interesting choice for the direction of the game, would agree with the same decisions if the same thing / kind of military and political decisions happened in our real lives...

Support the leader, who seems to care more about the needs and future of their people rather than literally than everybody else?

On a more serious note this stuff is clearly overexaggerated and the people's support of controversial decisions is always down to how they are presented to them.

I am, unfortunately.

We are living in times where people are going to extremes in many countries. We see the growing hatred between political sides in countries like USA, Brazil, countries in Europe, etc. And this growing hatred and division is also somewhat represented in WoW.

Of course many people will just say "it is just a videogame, chill!". For them it might be, yes. It is for me.
    But the fact that we are living in uneasy times, and this kind of faction hatred (not only horde, also in alliance) seems to mirror somewhat our own reality. That is what worries me a bit.

PS: I'm not worried about your saturday afternoon ethnic cleansing twice a month... that means you are having fun playing horde in the warfronts on saturday
    Yes, people who want ethnic cleansing in RL might also support Sylvanas. But that doesn't mean that people posting in this forums supporting Sylvanas like that same thing in RL. You don't know anything about anyone here other than he/she makes better or worse posts. And that is a very thin basis for your assumptions. So why even bother or bring in up in a lore discussion thread? No one that wants to kill all humans is going to listen to you anyway and the rest is just annoyed by the constant draggin of RL stuff into fictional universes.

I am, unfortunately.

Well i don't want to get political, but the landscape of the time is always reflected, in how media is both created and recieved. For instance Europeans are more likely to like a leader, who looks to the people they lead and fights for their sovereignty, future, etc. Yea the way she does it is way way way extreme, but the sentiment is what counts here. As much as people want to theorise about secret plans and hidden agendas and actual intentions matter of fact is what she does and why she claims to do it.

And at the end of the day a fun quote, from the three sisters sums it up pretty well. (first two panels)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    Written out, but not forgotten.

It not relevant then it is

Like, sylvanas attacks on Brennadam was in the Beta made out to be" well they make food, so murder the farmers and raise them to be servants, all will serve me" but that was taken out
    But ofc with such great logic, your point is probaly, Honestly the horde did nothing in Stormwong valley, for the first draft of the zone had the quillboars do the attacking, and so, since at one point they did not, The horde did nothing wrong.
    good on you sir, i can see your logic

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I am, unfortunately.

You might be on something. Bill from my workplace who also just so happens to be great dragon wizard of KKK (or whatever the tittle is) tends to say that "Sylvanas is moi waifu".

Can't believe people comparing the actions of the Horde to RL. The only action that Horde has done that compared to Alliance is over-the-top, is the burning of Teldrassil, which probably will be the seed of Sylvanas downfall as leader of the Horde. The rest of the actions that players keep whining about could easily have been mirrored by Matias Shaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yes, people who want ethnic cleansing in RL might also support Sylvanas. But that doesn't mean that people posting in this forums supporting Sylvanas like that same thing in RL. You don't know anything about anyone here other than he/she makes better or worse posts. And that is a very thin basis for your assumptions. So why even bother or bring in up in a lore discussion thread? No one that wants to kill all humans is going to listen to you anyway and the rest is just annoyed by the constant draggin of RL stuff into fictional universes.
    Isn't a forum supposed to be used to discuss issues? I am doing so, and this is a concern i have, and that can answer your "So why even bother or bring in up in a lore discussion thread?" Why does anyone bother to create a topic or answer a topic on a forum?

Also, I never said that people that support Sylvanas = people that chop human heads for breakfast, or whatever similar silly comparison that we can come up with. I didn't understand your argument "And that is a very thin basis for your assumptions" ???

Edit: i've edit my first post here for some clarity, especially placing in bold the word "some", so people won't consider i'm talking about everyone that finds fun chosing Sylvanas side.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-12-17 at 05:08 PM.

I am, unfortunately.

Just people using internet for trolling or just roleplaying being an asshole, a lot of these people won't even dare to say the same things in real life, so far I saw more people searching a new option that idn't saurfang or sylvanas, heck Theron is becoming popular because of this
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Quote Originally Posted by JacobusRex View Post
    Wow, you are a really awful person. You sound like a damn Nazi.
    Comparing real life innocents who actually died to furry pixels that do not exist. LOL.

Hey, the favourite character of my best friend is Sargeras, does that mean that my best friend should be locked in an asylum because he might try to destroy the galaxy in the future?
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    I also totally support necromancy in RL.
    I am a necromancer IRL.

5+ Year Old Account
    hmm that i can remember.. taurajo.. the purge of dala.. attacking miners in silithus.. and i guess that genn attacking in stormheilm was also #morallygraymane

and.. umbric corrupting dino eggs, i guess?

and.. umbric corrupting dino eggs, i guess?
    The only morally grey character in the Alliance. All Alliance players should be grateful that there is Umbric to start some drama.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!