Elemental Shamans feeling >TOO< strong?

Heya fellas!

Been playing Elemental Shaman ever since Burning Crusade, and like several classes we've had our ups and downs,
    in BFA however.. specifically 8.0.1 Elementals felt clunky pvp wise and wasn't very satisfying to play.

Now that 8.1 has been released I've played the absolute sh!t out of the class, and at this point I feel somewhat immortal!

So my questions to you fellow Elemental shamans, what do you think? Did Blizzard overtune us?

The amount of burst output we have with Surge of Power followed by x2 Lightning Bolts is insane, and as a dueler I tend to get quite
    a few comments about how stupid Elementals has become!

Not to mention Lazzo.. ( Could deffo use some tuning )

So should we expect some tuning in the upcoming days, or are we side by side with other classes?

Got to love an ele shaman not knowing what to do when they're suddenly good.

have no fear, the natural order will soon be restored:

Lasso will be nerfed to the ground as will stormkeeper (in pvp) and a couple of azerite traits, to compensate we'll get a 3% dmg increase across all our spells that do not dmg anyways

15+ Year Old Account
    The game is not balanced around 1v1. Never has been, never will be.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

ele shamans were broken in 1v1s before the patch, but well done for catching up eventually

Resto and ELE have been kinda shit in Legion and all of BFA.. please dont go jinxing and progress we might be making.

Once we get our Maelstrom SOP is very strong. The problem is building it up, a good melee class can usually blow you up before you can your burst ready. Also, Lasso DRs a lot. I dont see anything OP about Ele right now and I think after people figure them out we will be average.

LOL! 1v1 dueling.

On a more serious note, this is the first time I haven't rolled shaman since vanilla.
    Please fix shamans, thank you!

So...players complain if their class is too weak...AND complain if their class is too strong?
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra989 View Post
    Heya fellas!

Been playing Elemental Shaman ever since Burning Crusade, and like several classes we've had our ups and downs,
    in BFA however.. specifically 8.0.1 Elementals felt clunky pvp wise and wasn't very satisfying to play.

Now that 8.1 has been released I've played the absolute sh!t out of the class, and at this point I feel somewhat immortal!

So my questions to you fellow Elemental shamans, what do you think? Did Blizzard overtune us?

The amount of burst output we have with Surge of Power followed by x2 Lightning Bolts is insane, and as a dueler I tend to get quite

So should we expect some tuning in the upcoming days, or are we side by side with other classes?
    I expect we'll see Lasso's CD increased and the damage decreased soon. Also we'll probably see a PvP nerf to storm bringer or surge of power....possibly both. Shaman still suffer greatly from having limited defensive CD's and stuns wreck them. I'd like to see astral shift reworked to be usable while stunned and maybe even add in the ability to allow casts while moving to free them up a bit in the mobility department and force a decision of do I save it for defensive, use it for offense or even just pop it for the defensive and ability to cast while kiting to keep building maelstrom.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    Once we get our Maelstrom SOP is very strong. The problem is building it up, a good melee class can usually blow you up before you can your burst ready. Also, Lasso DRs a lot. I dont see anything OP about Ele right now and I think after people figure them out we will be average.
    I wouldn't play SoP in 1v1 or outdoor.

Icefury and Master of the Elements is more flexible there, don't expect your enemy to wait until you generate 60MS, hardcast Stormkeeper, hit ES and then fire out two Lb's, it takes too much time.

Go with Icefury, open with Icefury / Lvb, most people will interrupt any of those two spells, then hex them, if they don't use trinket, heal up (you're probably hurt at this point anyway), if they trinket => Lasso.

Never DR Lasso, especially in 1v1.

Use SK alongside Master of the Elements whenever you want, Icefury also provides some sustained pressure as Frost shock hits moderately hard and also generates MS for ES.
    Sure SK is more powerful with SoP, but the burst is simply not neccessary for 1v1.

Alternative strat is to spec into Spectral Recovery and Spirit wolf, then find a pillarlike object, use Lasso on CD and simply run around said object if you can't cc them (any Pack Spirit traits are still helpful here).

Only thing that can kill you there are Rogues and DH's that blow their entire Arsenal of CD's into you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra989 View Post
    Heya fellas!

I haven't had one kill me one on one yet.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

I played pvp for the first time yesterday in BFA, and I cannot believe every class seems to now have an interrupt and a stun. Because of that I think the Elemental self-healing is completely shite. Pures now are given passive/instant cast heals and we have to stop w/e were doing to heal its too clunky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    I played pvp for the first time yesterday in BFA, and I cannot believe every class seems to now have an interrupt and a stun. Because of that I think the Elemental self-healing is completely shite. Pures now are given passive/instant cast heals and we have to stop w/e were doing to heal its too clunky.
    The self healing for Elemental is pretty weak - it's surprised me that Rogues can get something like Crimson Vial and it pops instantly and does some pretty significant healing (admittedly over time) while we get 4-5 Healing Surges we have to hope doesn't get interrupted.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    Your best tool of selfhealing is Spectral recovery and any other talents / traits related to GW.

Works at least in world and random bg's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    The self healing for Elemental is pretty weak - it's surprised me that Rogues can get something like Crimson Vial and it pops instantly and does some pretty significant healing (admittedly over time) while we get 4-5 Healing Surges we have to hope doesn't get interrupted.
    I keep wondering myself when it dawns upon Blizzard that classes that have no business in healing having tools to heal themselves doesn't fit.

But i guess that whole class fantasy thing doesn't apply to rogues.

Did blizzard accidentally made shaman an OP? Yall tripping or it's me who wasn't online for a long time?