View Poll Results: Does a politics-based RPG interest you?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 41.03%
  • No

15 38.46%
  • Possibly

8 20.51%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or they should just game apart instead.
    Sure. I'm lucky enough to have irl group where we rotate the DM duty and who ever is the current DM gets to set the tone of the game on their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Sure. I'm lucky enough to have irl group where we rotate the DM duty and who ever is the current DM gets to set the tone of the game on their turn.
    I mean that can work if you have short campaigns (we have really long campaigns in my group). But the matter remains that if you have a group of murder hobos, you can't just expect them to play cloak and dagger. I mean if you try to force it, they will either just stop playing or keep messing your campaign by killing every crucial NPC you present. Or they just get killed by being foolhardy and your campaign is dead.

I feel like people who play it should really be able to understand the difference between roleplay and real life. I can just imagine a youtuber or streamer doing it, and roleplaying an evil character, perhaps advocating for genocide or some other shit like that, and the media will start reporting about how they are the next incarnation of hitler. But from a personal perspective, I think it would be fun to do with a couple of friends, and I think it could actually be a valuable experience to roleplay from a point of view that you in no way agree with.

I mean that can work if you have short campaigns (we have really long campaigns in my group). But the matter remains that if you have a group of murder hobos, you can't just expect them to play cloak and dagger. I mean if you try to force it, they will either just stop playing or keep messing your campaign by killing every crucial NPC you present. Or they just get killed by being foolhardy and your campaign is dead.
    I guess it is just something I have difficulty wrapping my mind around as I've never actually met a player who was full on murderhobo.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I feel like people who play it should really be able to understand the difference between roleplay and real life. I can just imagine a youtuber or streamer doing it, and roleplaying an evil character, perhaps advocating for genocide or some other shit like that, and the media will start reporting about how they are the next incarnation of hitler. But from a personal perspective, I think it would be fun to do with a couple of friends, and I think it could actually be a valuable experience to roleplay from a point of view that you in no way agree with.
    We don't have to broadcast every thing we do on social media. I know, radical idea these days. . .

We don't have to broadcast every thing we do on social media. I know, radical idea these days. . .
    Hence I said why it could be fun to do with friends in a closed setting. I got into board games mainly by watching streamers and youtube videos, and I was just imagining how fun it would be if they played a game like this, but then thought about how people would without a doubt misrepresent it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Yeah, that could be a problem, but I feel like this could be remedied to an extent with a good DM.

Isn’t this what you want in principle:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eve_Online
    Entropy won't yield to you.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf