Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    They even made their own "we're not in azeroth anymore" commercials which was cringe as all hell. Games like rift/wildstar/swtor/warhammer all had potential, but thanks to being touted (and expected publisher wise) to be wow/wow-killers they almost immediately started to flounder when they didn't get the numbers off the bat.
    Exactly. They should have marketed themselves as alternatives and not replacements. Healthiest form of competition. No one's knocking the king off his throne with arrogance instead of actual results.

I used to play a whole lot from the very beginning up until the same day they launched the f2p model, sure it had lost quite a bit of subs up until that point but for me the game died that day

Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    They even made their own "we're not in azeroth anymore" commercials which was cringe as all hell. Games like rift/wildstar/swtor/warhammer all had potential, but thanks to being touted (and expected publisher wise) to be wow/wow-killers they almost immediately started to flounder when they didn't get the numbers off the bat.
    I don't think they floundered because they were touted as WoW killers. They floundered because they were flawed. They weren't WoW killers, but it would not have saved them to have avoided saying that.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

Does anyone still play rift? Lol
    I was playing it like in 2013 may be, was not even interesting at that time.

I played it for like a week back in 2014. It's not even on my new pc I got a few years ago, and I carried over other games from my previous pc to the new one.
    #boycottchina

I actually enjoyed it when I was playing it. But then Godfather 3 happened with WoW.
    “I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born.”
    ― Ronald Regan

had such high hopes for this game