Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Archidamos View Post
    -snip-
    I actually wanted to come back to this point but kept forgetting.

It's not just that they let players down. It's that they let players down after flat out stating there would not be a major paradigm shift with a F2P model. A lot of longtime players had just had enough and called it quits and went to games that actually gave a damn about their playerbase and providing a sustainable and fair business model.

The game now just consists of diehard fans who still refuse to acknowledge the glaring issues.

And then it went P2W, sold overpriced cosmetics, lootboxes and so on just so the CEO could fill his pockets before selling out to a company where games go to die.

Rift had a good chance at being F2P. Now it's on life support managed by a staff of 25 or so people.

I mean look at GW2. It's on it's second expansion, B2P with a very fair cash shop. Had Rift gone down that road it probably would have been in a way better place.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-01-09 at 07:50 AM.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

I am still waiting for RIFTS to ever get made into an mmo. Awesome paper/dice game.

Deleted
    Honestly the best MMO time I ever had was in rift. Killing Akylios third on the realm. Farmin bis shit for the gem or w/e you had. Blastin people in WPVP.

Quote Originally Posted by mmoc140410406b View Post
    Honestly the best MMO time I ever had was in rift. Killing Akylios third on the realm. Farmin bis shit for the gem or w/e you had. Blastin people in WPVP.
    I agree, it was fun at one point. It just isn't anymore. I tried to like it, I really did. I just couldn't. I admit, part of that is likely burnout on the genre as a whol but it doesn't matter, it's just not fun for me anymore.