Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pissed off, because every other MMO game without a trinity system is a clusterfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really do enjoy the idea of hybrid classes, the issue comes up when balancing gets involved and the fact that blizzard right now is more or less incapable of doing anything right. I wouldn't hold your breath over them essentially redesigning the core of every class at once

Deleted
    F that.

Even games originally banking on the "no trinity"-system have returned to the concept in 1 way or another (see GW2s endgame for refference)... so the trend is currently rather into the opposing direction.

Quote Originally Posted by spalernTJ View Post
    Also, what the fuck is going on with the notion "The trinity is an old concept"? You want Blizzard to completely turn WoW into a singleplayer game? This is beyond measure of stupid.
    It is an old concept. You think you can't have a multiplayer game without the trinity? Wrong... look at Destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    It is an old concept. You think you can't have a multiplayer game without the trinity? Wrong... look at Destiny.
    I know you can have a multiplayer game without the trinity. Don't know why you wanna use a horrible game as your main example, but sure. I've played plenty of Multiplayer games where the trinity didn't need to exist. There's Diablo, PoE, Warframe, GuildWars2 etcetera. You know what all those game have in common, except for Guildwars 2? They're fast paced action games, so is Destiny 2. If you're gonna throw away the Trinity in an RPG, let alone an MMORPG, then you're fucked. Guiildwars had to implement it for high level PvE content, why? Cause without it, PvE in a non-action RPG environment becomes really boring.

What about players who enjoy playing Healers? Who enjoy playing tanks? Who enjoy playing together as group and doing teamwork? Because the notion "Remove the Trinity" Is basically saying, fuck you healers, fuck you tanks, everyone's a DPS now.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Btw, the "holy Trinity" IS an old concept. That doesn't make it necessarily bad, though. The problem is that in its current iteration kills any sort of actual class diversity, which is in turn is made worse by the three prunes in a row that we've had to go through. And what do we have to show for it?
    That's Blizzard's fault for basically having given up on pushing the boundaries. Final Fantasy XIV has no problem making diverse classes using the Trinity system. It is purely because Blizzard doesn't give a fuck anymore. Everything Blizzard does and says points to this. Mobile gaming, lootboxes, abandoning games and franchises left right and center.

WoW is never going to get better, everyone knows this, I thought it was, but after telling myself for the 50'th time "Next time it'll be better." I gave up, and I'm having lots more fun in other games, its great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    If I correctly understood everything that my friends explained to me when I asked about BDO, then this game almost doesn't reflect “holy trinity” based design and shield in character’s hands doesn't mean anything. The only bad thing is too poor set of awalaible items (=range between characteristics), and therefore “width” of RPG customization scatter is very narrow there (not for some particular class, but for everyone in general, because only weapons have class restrictions there). If we take into account that there're very small number of classes and half them are (pairwise) specializations, so even less, and then they don't need to balance “36 classes”, which means everything is somewhat simpler.

Although, I was told that it's more likely a sandbox-slasher and that if I like RPGs, then I shouldn’t look much in this direction. I think this is subjective, given even WoW's vicious trends, but... doesn't matter, just personal thoughts
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2019-01-12 at 11:17 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

The trinity system fucking sucks and visually looks really fucking stupid in every MMORPG that has it, but I don't think WoW needs to have it removed. Make a new game and do that or something.

The better, more user friendly option that's workable within WoW's framework would be to just have more 5 player and 3 player content. Maybe scale raids down to 5 players, somehow. (I don't see how that'd work in modern WoW without vastly changing their encounter design, though)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2018-12-19 at 07:24 AM.

They should either abandon the system or give a healer/tank tree to every class. I absolutely hate how the grouping in WoW is always held to ransom by tanks, it makes it much harder to do anything and it tends to attract a certain type of toxic personality to that role a bit like how moderator positions on forums attract losers seeking internet power.

not having a trinity is the reason guildwars never made it for me. You remove trinity from the game, its dead to me

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

I'd just go find another MMO. At that point it's no longer WoW so no reason to stick around.

I've played games like this, it doesn't work unless the entire game is designed that way - basically you'd be asking to reinvent the entire game of WoW.

Also the people who play trinity MMOs are completely different from those who play those without, personally without the trinity PVE just feels hollow, boring, borderline pointless. Everyone just runs around staying alive and doing some deeps.