Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

[Megathread] Dragon Age 4

This is a Dragon Age 4 discussion thread about the upcoming sequel to Bioware's Dragon Age franchise. Hopefully people will help update me on any news as the game develops..

NOTE: I am aware of the current drama thread about politics and diversity. I don't care about that. If you want to discuss the drama then there's a thread for that here... https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...to-a-bad-start

Try and be civil, you can still talk about your politics. but let's not try and make it the main focal point of this thread.

This place is to discuss the game in a more positive light or negative as long as it's constructive. It's more down to all your theory crafting, about the game, previous games, tie ins, anything leading up to Dragon Age 4, characters, new heroes, story. All that good stuff

Thank you

*Maybe Mods can add this to the index*
    Last edited by mmocfb48d32508; 2018-12-21 at 10:22 PM.

From what I understand, the game takes place in the much-anticipated Tevinter Imperium. This coupled with the trailer being about Solas, who is obsessed with reclaiming the lost, "glorious" elven civilization and was historically anti-slavery, means we are likely going to be dealing with an uprising of the elven slaves in the Impreium.

I think it would be interesting if we could play as either a human or an elf from a freed elven family. Elven mages who rose from slavery and now work as part of the system, (perhaps even a high-ranking part), probably have a very interesting perspective about the Tevinter caste system that once enslaved them, and now raises them even above the common human.

10+ Year Old Account
    We’ve already had a game where we only get to play as a human... I’d be fine with a game where we’re locked into playing an elf.

It would make sense, if this game is going to be focused on Solas, and a potential eleven uprising.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    We’ve already had a game where we only get to play as a human... I’d be fine with a game where we’re locked into playing an elf.

It would make sense, if this game is going to be focused on Solas, and a potential eleven uprising.
    I'm interested in the story of the elves, but I prefer more options to customize my characters rather than less. If we must have an elf protagonist I hope we at least get to pick their backstory, whether they're a Dalish, or a former slave, or if they turned out to be a mage letting them try to climb the tevinter aristocracy, etc.

While the cosmetic differences of playing different races were neat, what I liked about Inquisition was that picking different races changed your background in significant ways. They even affected the story sometimes, which was a nice touch, but I just enjoyed being able to try to get into my character's head and pick decisions that matched their upbringing.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Dwarf pc or riot!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Dwarf pc or riot!
    You joke, but there are indeed many dwarves living in Tevinter as part of the Ambassadorium or however you spell that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Inquisition was something of a letdown for me. Not sure how confident I am in DA4.

Hope we get some info in the few months!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Dwarf pc or riot!
    There is only Dwarf all other options are invalid :P

Thats why Dragon Age 2 was a disappointment, obviously lack of dwarf PC. I heard there was other reasons but we all know it was the dwarfs
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lettersandpunctuation View Post
    You joke, but there are indeed many dwarves living in Tevinter as part of the Ambassadorium or however you spell that.
    Well then clearly they should start a dwarf riot!

I loved Inquisition, especially the DLC's content. But i hope they improve on the magic system, while it was playable in Inquisition i still felt it was lacklustre in terms of viable builds compared to the other 2 classes. Mages were feared in the universe, bring them back to glory :P
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2018-12-20 at 11:19 PM.

I've been playing through Inquisition again and I'ts making me want to step foot in the multiplayer again. Does anyone still play the multiplayer mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne Supernova View Post
    I loved Inquisition, especially the DLC's content. But i hope they improve on the magic system, while it was playable in Inquisition i still felt it was lacklustre in terms of viable builds compared to the other 2 classes. Mages were feared in the universe, bring them back to glory :P
    Yeah, while I loved my Knight-Enchanter, the other two specializations felt lacking, especially compared to Blood Mages in Origins and Force Mage in DA2. They need to get rid of the 8 ability limit (seriously, it's dumb) and bring back a more comprehensive spell list. Not necessarily as bloated as Origin's which has a lot of redundant spells, but DA2's is a good starting point.

As for the setting, Tevinter seems inevitable; the Inquisitor points a knife there in the very last scene of Inquisition, there's a lot of Elven slaves to fuel Fen'harel's revolt, it's the last great human nation we've yet to see, Dorian is attempting reform which means tons of juicy drama, the Qunari are attacking which provides more conflict, and Arlathan is quite close and my personal theory is that Solas will attempt to shatter the Veil from there. For Dwarves, the only known stronghold outside of Orzammar, Kal-Sharok, is also close to the Imperium. And of course, if we go to Tevinter, it means Blood Magic must be playable again.

And finally for races, I'd like a choice. Being locked into a human in DA2 wasn't something I liked, neither would I appreciate being locked into an elf. Inquisition's race selection would be perfect, but I wouldn't be surprised if Dwarves or Qunari get axed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lettersandpunctuation View Post
    While the cosmetic differences of playing different races were neat, what I liked about Inquisition was that picking different races changed your background in significant ways.
    Agreed. I loved all the little ways that the game would change, based on your background, and tbh I still think that would be doable, even if we WERE race locked to elves. The difference between Alienage elf, Dalish Elf, Tevinter Elf And Mage Elf would be more than enough to cause of fun deviations!

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    But I wouldn't be surprised if Dwarves or Qunari get axed.
    Sadly, as much as I enjoyed playing them... I can totally see Qunari getting dropped. Not only is this the best choice thematically, assuming that DA4 is based in Tevinter, with their ongoing war against the Qunari, but also the removal of them as a playable race frees up things like Vitaar, and other Qunari themed armour/customisations. Far more is freed up by axing Qunari than any other race... so while I don’t WANT to see them go, I think that if one race were to be chopped, it would be the horn heads.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Sadly, as much as I enjoyed playing them... I can totally see Qunari getting dropped. Not only is this the best choice thematically, assuming that DA4 is based in Tevinter, with their ongoing war against the Qunari, but also the removal of them as a playable race frees up things like Vitaar, and other Qunari themed armour/customisations. Far more is freed up by axing Qunari than any other race... so while I don’t WANT to see them go, I think that if one race were to be chopped, it would be the horn heads.
    Not only that, but in Tevinter a Qunari is more than likely either a slave or the target of a manhunt the instant they show their horns. So story wise a Qunari PC makes the least sense.

Also besides, making the Qunari playable detracted from their unique appearance somewhat. Compare the Qunari in DA2, which look really alien with their features and black eyes, to the ones in Inquisition who have far more human-like faces plastered on Qunari bodies. That was a necessary step to making them playable, I think. So the silver lining to reversing that might be that their appearance will be closer to DA2's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Not only that, but in Tevinter a Qunari is more than likely either a slave or the target of a manhunt the instant they show their horns. So story wise a Qunari PC makes the least sense.
    Indeed. As much as I enjoyed my Qunari Knight Enchanter (best combo, fight me) I just can’t see them working, in a Tevinter setting.

And yeah... until you pointed it out, I didn’t notice their appearance changes... they definitely need to revert that, for DA4.

True story, the Arishok is the baddest motherfucker in DA2. You cannot disagree.

I only want my warden to reappear!! I miss my buddy. And all the Grey Warden stuff (Hate blackward. When you discover his is not a WARDEN, oh shit. Makes me feel angry even now)

Indeed. As much as I enjoyed my Qunari Knight Enchanter (best combo, fight me) I just can’t see them working, in a Tevinter setting.

And yeah... until you pointed it out, I didn’t notice their appearance changes... they definitely need to revert that, for DA4.

True story, the Arishok is the baddest motherfucker in DA2. You cannot disagree.
    As badass as DA2’s Arishok was, I can’t wait to see Sten from Origins return as the new Arishok. Tevinter is close to the Qunari’s homebase on Thedas, right?

i hope there's a way to get lavellan back together with solas, but i'm guessing this is just going to end in a big anime boss fight with solas turning into that wolf with a bunch of eyes.

the return of the idol from da2 is interesting, someone would have had to rebuilt it if it's not a new one. or maybe it's symbolic, rather than literal.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i hope there's a way to get lavellan back together with solas, but i'm guessing this is just going to end in a big anime boss fight with solas turning into that wolf with a bunch of eyes.

the return of the idol from da2 is interesting, someone would have had to rebuilt it if it's not a new one. or maybe it's symbolic, rather than literal.
    Is it weird that the idol kinda looks like the scene where solas drained flemeth's power?