Thread closures under specific topics need blues

This is ridiculous. You can post about BLM of "white woman kills black man" all day long and yet a mod somehow thinks talking about a business removing a model after backlash is race bait while the others aren't? bullshit. Blues need to be in charge of closing threads in any situation that is related to "forbidden topics" because this is getting ridiculous how some things are and some things aren't when both are fairly the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah ya know I'm actually in agreement on this one. It's nice to have some more active moderation, but is a little consistency too much to ask?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    Yeah ya know I'm actually in agreement on this one. It's nice to have some more active moderation, but is a little consistency too much to ask?
    I mean the point of having someone able to close threads immediately are for ones that actually pose SOME sort of pressing need for them to close. Having graphic or sexual images up? Yes that can cause problems for the company in general. A call to arms for people to go out and commit violence against a certain people or person? DEFINITELY. A discussion about a topic that could get people riled up? That is NOT that dire that random joe mod should have the power to immediately shut down especially when there is not a mirror depending on the stance of the topic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    This is ridiculous. You can post about BLM of "white woman kills black man" all day long and yet a mod somehow thinks talking about a business removing a model after backlash is race bait while the others aren't? bullshit. Blues need to be in charge of closing threads in any situation that is related to "forbidden topics" because this is getting ridiculous how some things are and some things aren't when both are fairly the same.
    I've had a thread locked by a "regular" mod and got banned for posting about cisgender actors playing trans actors/actresses, straight actors/actresses playing gay roles, and white actors/actresses playing traditionally non-white roles. Got infracted for "forbidden topics", thread closed, and served like a week in ban jail because of it. I specifically stated in large red font at the beginning of my topic that it was NOT to discuss the rights or wrongs of sexuality, gender, or race but the impact of these things in film, cinema, and theater.

BTW you'll probably get a ban or infracted over this post. Just thought I'd let you know so you can prepare.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    I mean the point of having someone able to close threads immediately are for ones that actually pose SOME sort of pressing need for them to close. Having graphic or sexual images up? Yes that can cause problems for the company in general. A call to arms for people to go out and commit violence against a certain people or person? DEFINITELY. A discussion about a topic that could get people riled up? That is NOT that dire that random joe mod should have the power to immediately shut down especially when there is not a mirror depending on the stance of the topic.
    Since mods can edit posts, there's no reason why they need to be locked in most instances like you described. A mod can simply infract the person & edit the post to remove offending content. Locking a thread SHOULD be a global moderator thing not an any moderator thing.

What doesn't get you infracted at this point.

Though I've noticed I can call people a damn troll all dya long without an infraction these days. So that's nice.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    What doesn't get you infracted at this point.

Though I've noticed I can call people a damn troll all dya long without an infraction these days. So that's nice.
    You can call certain people a troll. I can name a few who you can't call a troll without a speed dial infraction

It's well known that MMO champ moderators are very left leaning and biased, has been this way for years

I got so many infractions off the same mod... sneeze? INFRACTION!!

He's attracted to my animated avatar I tells you. Bet if I changed my name and avatar most of my posts would go ignored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Globals don't have time to close every thread. As was pointed out, moderation is sometimes inconsistent. This is because -- at least in GenOT -- we don't have enough manpower. Restricting what green mods can do even further worsens this problem, not improves it. We need more help, not less.

In any case, this sounds like a problem of some threads not being closed that should be, rather than threads being closed that shouldn't. Making different people lock them doesn't solve this.

And finally, public discussion of moderation is against the rules which every single person in this thread is aware of already, so I'm locking this.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |