Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rensar View Post
    Trump said he would own the shutdown IF he did not get the funding for the Wall. Nancy Pelosi stated that it was a fact that he could not get the votes in the House.

Trump got the votes in the House and now it is the Democrats in the Senate that are not going to pass the bill. Trump even mansplained that very point to Pelosi.

If there is as shutdown it will be 100% the Democrats fault. You can choose to spin it anyway you like but it is as clear as day that the Democrats are throwing a temper tantrum based solely on the fact that they hate Trump.
    It's weird that you suggest other people are spinning things, mister "I'm totally not a ban-evading alt account", when you are doing some impressive spin in this very post.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Ironic considering the spin you did in the same post
    I stated a fact. Please go watch the video of their meeting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Border security is the number one issue that voters are concerned about according to some polls.

If democrats want to win in 2020 they'd better pay attention to border security.
    If democrats want to win in 2020 they are not going to give trump a wall to mock them with. Giving Trump what he wants is political suicide.

Shut the bitch down. Democrats have the opportunity they've been waiting for to break Trump's back.

Take advantage of it. It's the Trump Christmas Shut Down. By his own words he is going to own it. But no compromise for a wall Americans don't want.

Make the illegitimate and criminal President cave. He will. We all know he will. Trump's a bitch who caves.

This is it. Break him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Maybe we could try copying something that actually worked? The Maginot line is famous for not actually accomplishing anything.
    Yeah, the Maginot line will be as useful to the Unites States as it was to France. Thats kind of the point I was making.

But that doesnt mean I dont want one just to say we got it. We have all kinds of dumb shit in TX we dont need.
    I WANT THAT!

Stating a fact that it will be 100% the Democrats' fault despite the fact that many Republicans will vote against it in the Senate?

I stated a alternative fact. Please go watch the video of their meeting.
    fixed for ya

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zP2vkJfV7pw

1:35: "If we don't have border security we'll shut down the government."

Who do you think "we'll" is? At best you could argue "both parties", but we all know Trump doesn't include himself with anyone he doesn't like when it makes him look bad.

If there is as shutdown it will be 100% the Democrats fault.
    Preventing the needless expenditure of literally billions of tax payer dollars is laudable. This will be the Democrats fault because they are largely the party that has retained their grasp of sane governance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump said he would own the shutdown IF he did not get the funding for the Wall. Nancy Pelosi stated that it was a fact that he could not get the votes in the House.

Trump got the votes in the House and now it is the Democrats in the Senate that are not going to pass the bill. Trump even mansplained that very point to Pelosi.

If there is as shutdown it will be 100% the Democrats fault. You can choose to spin it anyway you like but it is as clear as day that the Democrats are throwing a temper tantrum based solely on the fact that they hate Trump.
    Yeah, no.

If the Senate doesn't pass the House's bill, it means that Trump is shutting down the government.

This is a Trump shutdown, period. I know Trumpkins are desperate to shift blame away, but you don't get to add stipulations to a bill, say "Pass it or I shut down the government" then blame it on those that won't pass it.

Unless you're fine with tagging Universal Healthcare and free college for all to a spending bill. Then it'll be the GOP's fault when they don't pass it right?

Fuck off with your pathetic bullshit

Rensar.... Ransath?

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Border security is the number one issue that voters are concerned about according to some polls.

If democrats want to win in 2020 they'd better pay attention to border security.
    No, it's not. And even if it was, we already have border security. And even if we didn't, the wall wouldn't solve the overall problem.

Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Rensar.... Ransath?
    Leaning towards Zenkai myself....
    IMPOTUS Donald Trump's presidency summarized:
    -- as he blamed others for the crisis, basked in self-congratulation and xenophobia, and misled the country about his actions so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Wouldnt it be cheaper to build a faux Maginot Line along the border?

That would be 100X safer than a wall. No one would have the balls to run towards an AI controlled machine gun pillbox.
    What about a grid that instantly kills any brown people that cross it.

That would really feed his base.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Send him a copy of the Simpson's movie, maybe he'll be inspired.
    He is already the President Swarzenegger character in the movie when he was "elected to lead, not to read". Because he can't read the bullet points of his security briefings. I wouldn't be surprised if he can't read.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, no, this isn't how this works. But welcome new account ban evading.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Yea, as soon as Trump will release his tax returns.

CONNED!

Don't you feel like a dummy now Trump voter? Or is this one of those cases where you're too dumb to know you're dumb?
    This post confuses the hell out of me. I make a snarky comment about how Trump said Americans weren't going to pay for it and get this weird tirade. I guess I'm too dumb to know I'm dumb? Cause this nonsense makes no sense to me.

I'm sure glad Presidents Limbaugh and Coulter stood firm on the wall. Most Americans wanted the Trump puppet to compromise on border security rather than stand its ground, but who cares what anyone other than its base wants, am I right? I mean, the wall slats are totally being paid by Mexico anyway, just like Trump promised, so there's no problem!

Trumpniks are so fucking gullible, I swear to god.
    A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    No, it's not. And even if it was, we already have border security. And even if we didn't, the wall wouldn't solve the overall problem.
    atleast in the midterms it was healthcare by a pretty big margin.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

This is hysterical!

Don Young had had enough.
    House lawmakers were in the midst of a marathon voting session on Thursday — a 35-vote slog demanded by a single lawmaker — when the cantankerous Alaska Republican stormed down the aisle of the House floor and began screaming at Rep. Doug Collins (R-Ga.), who was presiding over the chamber, to close down the vote.
    The 85-year-old Young, the dean of the House and longest-serving member, was furious that the vote was left open for Rep. Donald Payne Jr. (D-N.J.), who has been limping around the Capitol on a booted foot.
    “Next time, you bang that gavel,” Young shouted at Collins while shaking his fist. “Until he is in the goddamn well, it don’t count!”
    Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), standing near Young, gently scolded him, according to lawmakers on the floor: “You’re on TV. That’s not very Dean-like.’ ”

The episode underlined how tempers are at an all-time high in the Capitol as Washington barrels toward its third shutdown of 2018 — just four days before Christmas — in what could be the House GOP’s final act in the majority.

One cranky Republican said he wanted to rip the phone away from Trump, who’s been agitating for a Christmas shutdown over demands for his $5 billion border wall.
    “The president tweets too much!” the lawmaker said. “I shave [myself] but I don’t tweet about it!”

Another frustrated GOP lawmaker called leadership “stupid” for holding a meeting before a vote on the clean continuing resolution, or CR. They should have just put it on the floor, the lawmaker said.

“Do we succumb to tyranny of talk-radio show hosts? I mean, this is a juvenile place we find ourselves,” retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn) told reporters on Friday. “The reason we’re here is that we have a couple talk-radio hosts that get the president spun up.”

Not every House Republican appeared to be in a hurry to drive down the shutdown path. A trio of lawmakers was spotted at Tortilla Coast, a Capitol Hill Tex-Mex restaurant, after they were called back to the House to vote on the wall package Thursday evening.
    “One more round!” a lawmaker called out to their waiter.
    “I think they already called the vote,” a reporter interjected.
    “They can’t pass this thing without us,” another lawmaker shot back.

Making life even more miserable for his colleagues, Rep. Thomas Massie (R-Ky.) forced roll call votes on more than two dozen bipartisan bills in an unrelated protest over U.S. military support for Saudi Arabia in Yemen — what one northeastern lawmaker referred to as “Massie’s tantrum.”
    When Massie stood up to formally request a recorded vote on one of the measures, the Kentucky Republican was met with a round of bipartisan boos from his disgruntled colleagues.
    “It’s been a high drama, high stakes week,” added Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas), chairman of the Homeland Security Committee. “Not to mention Massie calling for recorded votes on every suspension bill. Throw that into the chaos.”

The unexpected revolt came after lawmakers began receiving hundreds of phone calls from constituents outraged that Republicans were not demanding Trump’s wall before relinquishing control of the House to Democrats next month. Conservative radio and TV hosts Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity had personally lobbied Trump to shut the government down if Democrats don’t give him his wall; Trump got the message and vowed to fight.
    “Do we succumb to tyranny of talk-radio show hosts? I mean, this is a juvenile place we find ourselves,” retiring Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn) told reporters on Friday. “The reason we’re here is that we have a couple talk-radio hosts that get the president spun up.”

The House eventually pushed through a funding bill for Trump’s border wall, but the package is dead on arrival in the Senate, dramatically increasing the chances of a Christmastime shutdown that would force members to work through the holidays.

If that drama wasn’t enough, the stock market plummeted on news of an interest rate hike and potential government closure. And key defense hawks on Capitol Hill were entirely caught off guard by Defense Secretary James Mattis’s resignation over policy differences with Trump.
    Both Armed Services Committee Chairman Mac Thornberry and McCaul, both Texas Republicans, said they got no heads up that Mattis was heading for the exit.
    “Holy shit!” exclaimed one Republican on the Armed Services Committee when a reporter shared the news about Mattis. “Don’t quote me on that.”

Democrats took every opportunity to exploit the turmoil unfolding across the aisle. Of all people, Rep. Tim Ryan (D-Ohio), who led a failed coup against expected Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) just weeks earlier, slammed Trump and his party for sowing chaos in government, the economy and national security.
    “This government is in chaos; it’s in a free fall. The market’s in a free fall. The staffing at the White House is in a free fall. The secretary of Defense is gone. We’re pulling out of Syria. What is going on?” Ryan said in a fiery floor speech.

On Friday, as senators who were dragged back to the Capitol to vote on the House-passed package that they knew was doomed to fail, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) held up a button to reporters that he said summed up the mood of the conference: “Senate Cranky Coalition,” it read.

10+ Year Old Account
    McConnel went home. All we need to do now is wait g till midnight for it to be official.

Resident Cosplay Progressive