Page 38 of 111 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I've been pretty darned clear, time and again, that I'm willing to forgive past actions if, and only if;
    1> They admit they were wrong, and disavow those views,
    2> They apologize for any harm they caused, and
    3> They never, ever do it again.

If you want a specific example where said rhetoric was against black people, look at the late Robert Byrd, who was a member of the KKK in his youth, and overcame that to become a staunch fighter for the civil rights movement.

This has nothing to do with anyone's identity or the target of their venom. But it's telling that you think it would be.
    I think it would be because it has been shown again and again that certain groups are okay to make fun of and others aren't. In my humble opinion I dorn consider racism against any group to be okay regardless of socioeconomic status.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    Machismo was asking me a theoretical question which requires him to be alive in theory.
    Ok, let's go for another then.

Are you aware Hitler got a light sentence for his coup attempt in 1923? You said you might vote for someone who didn't serve a big sentence. Would you have voted for him before all the war and genocide shenanigans? Because before all that, he was pretty much like Trump on the campaign trail.

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Nationalist populist movement is sweeping into power across Europe, and the US voted in a Nationalist populist President, so I doubt your claim that nationalism is unpopular. And I'm amazed at your naivety if you think corporate America gives the slightest of fucks about progressive causes. The only movement they care about is the share price.
    Yeah, and they're all either strongmen, a giant pants wetting fuck up of a divorce, or an ineffective orange boil that can't get anything done except via EO that will quickly be wiped out by the next president. How you think any of these morons are going to lead to anything but economic damage and a retraction of civil liberties makes me think you need your head examined.

More importantly, they're all either outright failures or represent shitholes. Yeah, your side will "win" some, but look at where your support is here in the US. Seriously, you think Mississippi is the future? Ha-fucking-ha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    I think it would be because it has been shown again and again that certain groups are okay to make fun of and others aren't. In my humble opinion I dorn consider racism against any group to be okay regardless of socioeconomic status.
    Well, you're just objectively wrong on this. It's a baseless persecution complex, and that's all it is.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wew, peak whig history right there.
    Not really. I would point out that the use of corporate power was simply the only avenue available to minorities when the right decided to abandon the concepts of democracy and civil rights. Yet, here we are, and I'm debating a dude whining about some stupid Brit losing his Patreon dollars while he rants about nationalism.

It's almost like nationalists have the policy plans of a fucking turnip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nationalist populist movement is sweeping into power across Europe, and the US voted in a Nationalist populist President, so I doubt your claim that nationalism is unpopular. And I'm amazed at your naivety if you think corporate America gives the slightest of fucks about progressive causes. The only movement they care about is the share price.
    We didn’t vote Trump in, he won the electoral college. The majority of voters did not vote for Trump. He lost the US vote by several million.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    But the people did support him, and if he suddenly said he wanted a wall, and mouthed out policies that fit your version of "democracy," then of course you would vote for him. So, either you are voting for Hitler with a new agenda, or you are a hypocrite.

Once again, I'll let you decide. And yes, I expect you to try and deflect once again.
    If Hitler was suddenly pro-democracy, anti-murder, anti-war, etc, in 1932 then yeah I might vote for him. Since that means he changed his policy to the correct ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    We didn’t vote Trump in, he won the electoral college. The majority of voters did not vote for Trump. He lost the US vote by several million.
    The EC is part of your system, whether you like it or not. So yes, you (the US) voted him in.

https://www.freemake.com/blog/top-7-...sharing-sites/

Not a monopoly btw. Just because they're the most popular doesn't mean they're the "only one."
    You can literally do a google search and find another site to host your video in seconds.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    The EC is part of your system, whether you like it or not. So yes, you (the US) voted him in.
    Hey, complain about it being technical, but it’s not wrong. Trump was elected, he was not voted in.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

5+ Year Old Account
    I've already got him oscillating from praising corporate power to decrying it. It's pretty hilarious how these nationalists have the moral certainty of mud.

Uhm... being removed from a website, does not disallow you to watch these videos. Your view point is being prevented on their platform, not the whole medium of the internet. Your issue is YouTube being successful and the video authors you seem to agree with, are not. That’s leeching off someone else’s success.
    Not exactly. My issue is that they are making the public less educated by removing videos that post view points that are contrary to the opinions of the youtube employees (the majority of youtube employees). I fully concede the videos can be watched else where, that's not something I disagree with. My issue is that corporations that enforce censorship based on loose rules ultimately are just tools for propaganda.

There are literally thousands of videos criticizing murdering of homosexuals. That’s not why they were banned.
    According to the author the video was banned for "inappropriate content", with little explanation and that pretty much it was only reposted after an article from the New York times questioned why said video was removed.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    Yeah, and they're all either strongmen, a giant pants wetting fuck up of a divorce, or an ineffective orange boil that can't get anything done except via EO that will quickly be wiped out by the next president. How you think any of these morons are going to lead to anything but economic damage and a retraction of civil liberties makes me think you need your head examined.

More importantly, they're all either outright failures or represent shitholes. Yeah, your side will "win" some, but look at where your support is here in the US. Seriously, you think Mississippi is the future? Ha-fucking-ha.
    You think Los Angeles is the future? Abject poverty everywhere, the middle class fleeing in droves and and one of the greatest divides between the rich and poor in the western world.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If Hitler was suddenly pro-democracy, anti-murder, anti-war, etc, in 1932 then yeah I might vote for him. Since that means he changed his policy to the correct ones.
    great, then it's nice to know you would vote for Hitler, thanks for proving my point about you all along. Your desire to try and deflect is only helping my case that you are simply full of shit, and can't be honest. Maybe you should try and be more consistent in the future.

So, either you would vote for a "reformed" Hitler post-genocide, or you wouldn't. Either way, you lose. That's what happens when you say that a person's beliefs and their past actions are not something you care about, and you only care about policy. No amount of tap dancing will get you out of it.

- - - Updated - - -

You think Los Angeles is the future? Abject poverty everywhere, the middle class fleeing in droves and and one of the greatest divides between the rich and poor in the western world.
    Nah, rampant ethno-nationalism should be the future...

Put as many asterisks on it as you like, he is still your President.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    https://www.freemake.com/blog/top-7-...sharing-sites/

Not a monopoly btw. Just because they're the most popular doesn't mean they're the "only one."
    You can literally do a google search and find another site to host your video in seconds.
    Static IP and a domain name hosting DNS... do it from home. That’s the real horror in all this. The internet is a true pirate radio that was only a fantasy in the 90s. We had shit like this instead:

https://youtu.be/xLDehtTqyig

Yet, these people are demanding government regulations, because they feel government would make their voice heard, more then they can do it them selfs? Disturbing...

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    I'll be the 100th person to say Youtube which has utter monopoly and a cake store of which you have tons of options are not the same thing. What do you not understand? Also, yes, google and Youtube are very biased. If you type "fox news" in google the first 2 links are liberal sites bashing fox news, the 3rd or so link will be actual Fox News.
    And you will be the 100th person that is wrong. Amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put as many asterisks on it as you like, he is still your President.
    No, Trump was elected, he was not voted in. No estarisc required... your populist president couldn’t even win the popular vote. A nationalist, in a nation he doesn’t understand by millions.

Amazing that every time something like this happens the people I would expect to be against corporate tyranny turn out to be the ones who support it. To ban someone like Sargon, who is in no way a racist (no just because idiots on the left call him one doesn't make him one) for using a word off-platform 10 months ago is absurd. To take someones source of income away without so much as a conversation or warning is tyrannical.

Yes Patreon, FB, YT etc can ban whoever they want for whatever reason they deem and are protected under constitutional rights, it doesn't make it right though and when the same person then tries to move to an alternative platform the payment processors (paypal, stripe) strongarm Subscribestar by removing their support for the platform. That isn't free market, that's fucking mafia tactics.

Even then, if what Sargon said was really THAT bad, then subscribers should be the ones to dictate how they react and let the free market dictate the consequences, we don't need Silicon Valley to be out moral arbiter

The silver lining out of all this is that Patreon is bleeding and a better platform will take its place. There needs to be a serious conversation about the space in which public discourse is taking place to ensure that everyone is entitled to a voice, regardless of whether they are politically aligned. Patreon falling victim to the free market would be sweet irony
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2018-12-23 at 05:16 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Actually, yes it is. That gap is going to grow and grow because the center of the country is fat, stupid, and generally addicted to something. I know, I live here, and I worked in the thick of it. They won't change, so their kids leave and they start talking a lot like you.

Imagine that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Nah, rampant ethno-nationalism should be the future...
    I don't know about you, but I want my country to look like fucking Hungary.