Deleted

Player Killers & Player Killer Killers - World PvP's Wet Dream

PK's and PKK's for short is a thing in Asian MMO's and mostly used in Animes like Sword Art Online or even the .Hack franchise.
    And is my World PvP dream to actually have this on World of Warcraft.
    An actual system of "bad guys" (PK's) and "good guys" (PKK's)

Would you like to have this in WoW?

If you have seen Sword Art Online you know what im talking about

Here is a video from a old game of a victim to Player Killers, and then, 8 months after...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjM24kMEagg&t=13m21s

Do you like the concept?

Note: This concept is even better when there is "overpowereness" in gear but in WoW we have PvP scaling...so is not as much fun BUT i would play it anyway

That basically happens all the time in world PvP. People kill players so others come and kill those players
    How would that even work as an actual feature though? I guess you could have a ok buff if you kill someone, but what if you only killed them as they were trying to gank you?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

PK is just a variant on PVP. 'Pk' 'pking' and 'pker' have been a thing in Runescape since 2004 or so. They dont use pvp there, they saying pking. They also say shit like rushing, which means 'all inning', usually done against enemies that have just won a fight and are recovering, 'anti rushing' which is pretending you're afk so that cheesy rushers attack you, then turning around and deleting them.

'pkk' seems a bit redundant, tbh. Thats just pvp or pking.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    That basically happens all the time in world PvP. People kill players so others come and kill those players
    How would that even work as an actual feature though? I guess you could have a ok buff if you kill someone, but what if you only killed them as they were trying to gank you?
    I made a thread giving one possible idea but was lost into oblivion...because World PvP is a small niche community and i am the sole survivor (jk )

You know how in Timeless Isle and even in Legion zones you could kill your own faction with an item?
    Those would be the player killers and they were part of one out of 2 ingame reputation "Guilds".
    One Guild, "Assassins" can kill their own faction using an item just like in Timeless Isle or Legion.
    Other Guild "Mercenaries", get quests to kill "Assassins" (people using the item).

And that would be the gist of it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    'pkk' seems a bit redundant, tbh. Thats just pvp or pking.
    Pkk is killing the "bad guys" who find fun killing their own faction...in my idea.

We have warmode bounties right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    We have warmode bounties right now.
    Which is pretty good!
    I just wish the system was given...more feet and head (like we say in my country)

More reward structure, Guilds or factions more roleplay elements.
    Ofcourse, i am a stupid human and i always want more

Deleted
    PKing and PKKng was a thing back in legend of Mir. there was virtually no real reason to PKK unless they tried to kill you because they can potentially take literally everything you're wearing + your inventory. while you'd end up getting a bunch of cursed crap and a shit ton of pots. Ultimately the whole system is tied to dropping your inventory on death, so the entire thing becomes extremely redundant unless you want WoW to become a old school MMO where death cost you everything you had one you.

so if we translated it into wow. we'd have bad mythic raiders posting stuff like, "why do i have to spend 3 days a week grinding mythic gear for pvp pkers!?".
    You think you want it. But you don't. Faction war > PKing

I played some of those asian MMOs with this system, and it's absolutely terrible. PK always involves some sort of penalty (being a free kill for anyone willing, sometimes even losing equipment when killed), unless the attacked player fights back. In one game I played there was also a permanent damage against players penalty, which you had to spend money and time to get rid of. Absolutely ridiculous.
    This absolutely kills any chance of world PvP happening (besides griefing), because there's no point. This would work if there were no penalties, and some sort of rewards, but then you'd probably have to kill everyone on sight just to be safe (like in survival games such as Rust).

Deleted
    Sword Art Online is normie tier Anime

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    So long as they don’t try and force me into doing it by putting a mount or something behind the system like they’ve did with Warmode then whatever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiphobia View Post
    I played some of those asian MMOs with this system, and it's absolutely terrible. PK always involves some sort of penalty (being a free kill for anyone willing, sometimes even losing equipment when killed), unless the attacked player fights back. In one game I played there was also a permanent damage against players penalty, which you had to spend money and time to get rid of. Absolutely ridiculous.
    This absolutely kills any chance of world PvP happening (besides griefing), because there's no point. This would work if there were no penalties, and some sort of rewards, but then you'd probably have to kill everyone on sight just to be safe (like in survival games such as Rust).
    But...is so cool in Anime
    Is it a concept that only works in movies and not in games? It cant be,

Funny vid. The Legion Talon faction and Timeless Isle item that allowed to kill your own faction, was good enough, along with the unscaled pvp system. BfA so far lacks this. At least a wpvp reputation bar should exist!

At this point i just hope Holinka will bring back Ashran, so i could loot elven ears and troll feeds again and work on Kill acms...

- - - Updated - - -

Sweet past times...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    It's pretty easy to make the game take into account who attacked who first... If you killed someone who tried to gank you, then they attacked you first and would be marked as the aggressor, and you as the defender, any kill made by the defender against the aggressor would not be flagged as PK.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.