Dire Consequences a BM Trait and its interaction with SV

So i got this trait on a piece of gear and decided to do some testing, I discovered a few interactions that surprised me.

The trait Dire Consequences reads:
    Kill Command deals additional damage, and has a chance to summon a Dire Beast.

First we look at its interaction with BM and their talent Dire Beast (Gives 5% haste for 8 sec), Even when you don't have this talent selected you still benefit from this talent, as the trait states it summons a Dire Beast. So in effect you have a small chance when casting Kill command to get 5% haste for 8 sec without the Dire Beast talent.

It was at this point I discovered you don't need the talent Dire Beast to get the haste buff. Which got me thinking about SV which does not have the talent Dire Beast, So if BM can get the buff without the talent selected what happens if you use this Trait for SV.

So what does SV get out of this. The additional damage (YES) a chance to summon a Dire Beast (YES) Does it get the 5% haste for 8 sec when it summons the beast (YES). It was this part that surprised me the most, that SV could get an effect from the BM talent tree.

I'm not saying you should target this trait over Blur of Talons. But once Season 2 starts and we get the 5th ring, if you happen to get a piece of gear with the Dire Consequences trait in the same ring as low value SV traits its worth a thought. Do I take this trait BM trait over a SV Trait.
    Last edited by Luzkaz; 2018-12-24 at 12:05 AM.

If it sims higher, you should take it over the alternatives. If it doesn't sim higher, then go for whatever does sim higher. It's pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Luzkaz View Post
    What about the proc frequence? Hasn't been playing much with it, but what I've seen so far, it seems it proc extremely rarely.

When I was testing I had the talent Alpha Predator and casted Kill Command 100 times. In that i got 9 procs, most of this could have been lucky.

Keep in mind that over the course of a fight that SV with Alpha Predator with have more KC casts then BM.

The procrate on the trait is pretty low, about .55 procs per minute when i did over 2.5 hours of spamming KC as BM. But for BM the proc is just a fraction of the dps potential of the trait, it's mostly all about the extra KC damage which also seems to scale with the execute talent. Not sure how this pans out for survival given it's high value of haste comparatively, which the proc gives you the haste buff that the DB talent does, and the beast itself does next to no damage itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    The procrate on the trait is pretty low, about .55 procs per minute when i did over 2.5 hours of spamming KC as BM. But for BM the proc is just a fraction of the dps potential of the trait, it's mostly all about the extra KC damage which also seems to scale with the execute talent. Not sure how this pans out for survival given it's high value of haste comparatively, which the proc gives you the haste buff that the DB talent does, and the beast itself does next to no damage itself.
    It may have a place in next tier, when there will be more room to optimize your azerite build with the new ring. It's just I don't like the idea of proccing so rarely and unreliably. It can end up having huge value IF procs under the CA window and much-much less if procs outside of CA..
    Last edited by Regalosh; 2019-01-02 at 02:59 PM.