Gearing strictly from arena - how is it?

How is gearing right now from strictly doing 2s/3s with occasional random BGs in between?

I keep reading conflicting info, i.e. there's been recent nerfs and almost nothing drops now from arena, and then I also read that people have played recently and got geared solely from arena and PVP in general with zero dungeons or raids.

Completely doable. Strongly depending on how much rating you can get.
    I would still suggest you to pick up the emmisary rewards and clear a mytic + up to 10 every week.

I have noticed a drop in the rate that you get items after a win post patch. That said you do still get them, however until you get to a decently high rating those items are generally useless unless on a fresh character. The items that you get for capping your conquest bar do scale up decently fast so for a fresh 120 it isn't terrible and can help you get some item level to help get into lower key groups.

I'd conclude that for a fresh 120, capping your conquest bar over and over which is now made faster by a buff you get, is a good way to get your azerite slots filled out as well as a weapon and some off pieces.

If youre able to stay on Duelist and above you should be all set.
    My "PvP alt" is equal to main and has been for the past 2 months

Quote Originally Posted by Preplol View Post
    If youre able to stay on Duelist and above you should be all set.
    My "PvP alt" is equal to main and has been for the past 2 months
    Not sure obtaining 2.1k rating (let alone in the first week of hitting 120) is doable for most people - but you are correct, its a option.