10+ Year Old Account

alarak playstyle

alarak is one of my favorite starcraft characters in terms of lore, i also love to play him on the coop mode in sc2
    however i never learned how to play him decently, or i just dont get the whole point of his kit. i run with 2,1,1,1,1,1,1 talent build

so are there any alarak mains here? can you tell me how to properly play him? where does he excel? what are the strengths of his?
    how do u use his abilities? where does most of his damage is supposed to come from?

thanks in advance
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

I'm sorry buddy, but Alarak is one of the highest skill ceiling heroes in the game. He is very punishing for bad plays, which makes hi a risky pick in most situations.

There is no other hero that is so greatly rewarded for landing kills and punished for dying as Alarak. He is a true monster in capable hand, but becomes a burden to the team if you get behind.

Deleted
    There are 2 ways to play him. You either farm lightning damage or you go with a build similar to yours(but more like 2,1,1,2,2or3 but never 1, 3,whatever)

Note that you will need a healer on your team. Playing Alarak in QM is a shitshow unless you heavily outskill your opponents(and even then), because you will die and reset your sadism(which then means you're useless). You need to practice telekinesis+discord strike until it becomes second nature, if you're the sort of player that cannot combo them+do a melee attack+block the enemy player you might wanna try playing a different hero.