how much below BoS Iis obliteration talent?

just curious as i love frost dk but hate breath of sindragosa playstyle, so im wondering if its possible to use obliteration talent and still pull good numbers or would my dps absolutely tank without bos?

Deleted
    https://imgur.com/a/Vq2yKbu

This is simmed with the current 385 simulationcraft profile

You can decide for yourself if an 8% dps downgrade is still "good numbers", I would answer it with no.

Deleted
    Not to mention that BoS shines because most of the fight have a phase where you can cleave the hell out of mobs.
    Vectis has an add every BoS, let's not mention Vel'koz, same with Fetid and egg, mother has like 20 if you do the "all in" strat, etc.

Obliteration doens't scale like that.

I really dislike BoS as well and I stick with Obliteration, but I don't raid or do much on my DK these days outside of farming things for my main. That disparity between the talents is disheartening, though :c

I feel like so many Frost problems would be solved if they just.. made Obliterate scale with Mastery or something, sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post
    I really dislike BoS as well and I stick with Obliteration, but I don't raid or do much on my DK these days outside of farming things for my main. That disparity between the talents is disheartening, though :c

I feel like so many Frost problems would be solved if they just.. made Obliterate scale with Mastery or something, sigh.
    If you're not raiding seriously, then it's fine. BoS only start to shine when the encounter allows it. Which is not the case for the majority of the WoW's content (outside Raids).

Quote Originally Posted by Ambulatory Cube View Post

If you're not raiding, you can literally pick any talent you want and you will hardly even notice the difference in DPS.

In the end, if you're not in a Mythic progression guild, you will do just fine with Obliteration. Will you do some more DPS (a lot more on cleave fights) with BoS, of course, but only if you know how to use it well and when to use it. If you don't, well, then play with Oblit.
    Test things out for your self, and see what you perform best with.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

If you are around 410 ilvl and blessed with useless haste gear, Obliteration vs BoS comes down to sub 1-1.5% difference. Not that it even matters in the current raidtier, pvp or mythic+ meta. Everything about frost is just uptime, uptime, uptime. The huge autoattack damage is worthless with low uptime, your FrostScythe does nothing but debuffs your target and you need endless living trash to catch up to basicly every spec in game in mythic+.

It is just ridiculous to even play anything in PvE/PvP as frost. Unholy is not far away, but at least you have fast pets and DoT/Epidemic to at least catchup in overall damage in this running game. And in PvP you are again carried by your pet and necrotic strike as a buffer for your lack of uptime or burst DPS, since both are non existent.
    -

Everyone says SIM, SIM, SIM...

But I say an actual trial run > any sim.