Thread: Wand autocast

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Well there you go, you're a role player, your opinion means nothing.
    don't right click your enemy? as a bad player your opinion means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Wands purposes were meant for players to use if they were out of mana and or whatever resource they may have used in which most cases it was mages priests and warlocks
    Which hasn't been a relevant use in the past decade, the majority of the game's existence.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Druidzorz View Post
    don't right click your enemy? as a bad player your opinion means nothing
    It has nothing to do with accidently pulling. That wasnt my comment. Read before you post. I say it because there is no reason for it to have a ranged ability in retail wow and I'm pretty sure the other 99% of the players would rather tmog over the lamest weapons in the game then be able to shoot a little magic ball from a stick, we got toys for that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    Wands purposes were meant for players to use if they were out of mana and or whatever resource they may have used in which most cases it was mages priests and warlocks
    And they served that purposed....14 years ago. Were past that we can remove the cast ability it will make no difference in your gameplay I promise, except you'll be able to tmog the ugly twigs

Ah.. the good old days when lvling a caster was most ideal just using a wand to auto attack coz it killed them as quick as casting spells... Good times... Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Yhcti View Post
    Ah.. the good old days when lvling a caster was most ideal just using a wand to auto attack coz it killed them as quick as casting spells... Good times... Good times...
    To frost bolt or not to frost bolt that is the question

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, one is big and the other is small. Staves can be used to smack people with, and wands apparently have no use at all, because magic isn't real. Because if magic was real, you could absolutely use a wand to stab people with, because it could be enchanted with magic.
    yes in real life, you use staves, you don't use twigs as weapons...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    w....wands are ranged weapons though... who the fuck uses a wand to smack things...
    Diablo 2 necromancer.

It has nothing to do with accidently pulling. That wasnt my comment. Read before you post. I say it because there is no reason for it to have a ranged ability in retail wow and I'm pretty sure the other 99% of the players would rather tmog over the lamest weapons in the game then be able to shoot a little magic ball from a stick, we got toys for that.

- - - Updated - - -

And they served that purposed....14 years ago. Were past that we can remove the cast ability it will make no difference in your gameplay I promise, except you'll be able to tmog the ugly twigs
    I read it, dont worry, and it made my brain bleed from the stupidity. You are in 100% control of if you are going to use said wand or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Bro half u scene Slyvanis?
    That gave me a headache but I think I cracked your code...

I read it, dont worry, and it made my brain bleed from the stupidity. You are in 100% control of if you are going to use said wand or not.
    What?... your brain must be bleeding and you're having a stroke cause thats the dumbest comment I've ever read....

Deleted
    I used to play melee so when i switched targets i usually right clicked em.
    Now that i play ranged dps and i have wand, when i right click the friggin wand auto attack starts and it takes longer than global.
    Its so annoying, wish there would be a way to disable wand auto attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaarius View Post
    Now that i play ranged dps and i have wand, when i right click the friggin wand auto attack starts and it takes longer than global.
    simple, dont right click, left click instead! magic!

- - - Updated - - -

What?... your brain must be bleeding and you're having a stroke cause thats the dumbest comment I've ever read....
    broski, just because you're not smart enough to learn how to left click doesn't make things stupid, it just makes you stupid

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, one is big and the other is small. Staves can be used to smack people with, and wands apparently have no use at all, because magic isn't real. Because if magic was real, you could absolutely use a wand to stab people with, because it could be enchanted with magic.
    You do understand that this conversation is going nowhere? you guys are arguiing over magic is real with a twig or a staff in wow universe?

/palm

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polaarius View Post
    I also hate it with hunters.. so my solution is don't play it

- - - Updated - - -

In real life there are better items or weapons to use then a staff.. see where this goes. god.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because they call them batons. Seriously. You can injury some one with a small piece of wood. Most wands in WoW anyways are more then a simple twig. Your entire argument is silly and founded on an incorrect basis. Some small branches are surprisingly sturdy.

As for Wands vs Staves in WoW. There is no difference between a six foot object enchanted with magic and a 1 foot object enchanted with magic. Not to mention many of the actual designs for Wands in WoW will back a hefty punch if used as a bludgeon.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I personally dislike that the ranged attack is whats keeping them from being xmogged into other weapon types

simple, dont right click, left click instead! magic!

- - - Updated - - -

broski, just because you're not smart enough to learn how to left click doesn't make things stupid, it just makes you stupid
    Ok lil buddy listen... I'm not sure how clear I could possibly make this. it has nothing to do with the ranged ability of a wand? Did you get that? I'll make it more simple cause I still think it went over your head... me no care if stick go pew pew... me care about tmog that match with weapon, and ability that is no longer used in game. Did you get that? I dont care about the fact that you right click with a wand and it starts auto attack. I just want to tmog over the weapon....

Deleted
    I want to mog my god damn wand into my artifact

Ok lil buddy listen... I'm not sure how clear I could possibly make this. it has nothing to do with the ranged ability of a wand? Did you get that? I'll make it more simple cause I still think it went over your head... me no care if stick go pew pew... me care about tmog that match with weapon, and ability that is no longer used in game. Did you get that? I dont care about the fact that you right click with a wand and it starts auto attack. I just want to tmog over the weapon....
    then stop right clicking, god

7+ Year Old Account

These are echoes of old, more correct and logical equipment system. It gave meaning to what is happening from fantasy point of view: main weapon + auxiliary (up to three items). They foolishly broke system itself, but they couldn't even do work thoroughly (because neither what they did (during change) nor what became (after change) has no normal logic). And then they supplied all this with additional system of “put into attacking state” animation (looks like $hit) - which used to end with character with melee weapon pose, but now it's no longer relevant. Now, as far as I noticed from complaints on forum, wand (when being placed in main weapon slot) attempt to launch a magic bolt with somewhat spoils timeframe for implementing rotation to distance classes which using them.

Friend had once dealt with this problem in old B's forum, emphasizing such solution's abnormality in terms of both design and fantasy:
    - 1 -
    removal of common 3-weapons-system (distance/bonus + melee(1h,oh/2h)/bonus) - this is exactly the moment when WoW's universal (equable for all classes) equip system began to collapse. Artifact was to become paragon system (pass of Titans) - universal second tree for entire class, and not one of specializations (in extreme cases (but shouldn't) take place a slot with 'bonus' role)
    - 2 -
    --------
    Also why do you want ranged weapons on melee classes again? They were just statsticks, that's it.
    --------
    Firstly, it's not about melee+range weapons, you again fall into particulars. Perhaps I formulated it a little knotty - it's about main+bonus item. Rogues and not only them used throwing weapons, although more significant range ones too, in order to have all logical reasons for causing damage at a distance, and now it looks like this <url>
    On the other hand, this was not their primary combat priority, and therefore no one questioned that they could not use it at full strength (after all, there are ronin+sakura classes in 'RPG-slasher' like BDO that have bonuses in talents for bows, problems? with good trees ActiBlizzard could make it simply happen), and casters even with full oom could not only hit with a staff in melee, but also use magic wand in range, is it bad? And I'm not talking about hybrid-weapon classes like hunters <url> (reference from here <url>) who used both types of weapons in full force, they had good bonus talents for them and it also explained no-shot zone, but not mythical arrows in head at point-blank range.
    And now we returning to main+bonus explanation: classes that didn't use their bonus weapons - had magic, thereby explaining their distance magical abilities, which were not a strong part of their branch of talent. In fact, they carried real bonus + artifact (librams, totems, marks - all hybrids (RIP), isn't it?) (as we started with BDO examples-equivalents, so knots for Berserkers and Dark Knights + awakened weapon (with separate tree), those who plays, should know) >:]

It's just RPG wise. Do I need to explain more?
    (if understood correctly: BDO examples are random because they're relevant for each class taken there (in terms of talent tree and fantasy))

- 3 -
    in cata they made their use uncomfortable and sometimes unpleasant: they spoiled talent trees, cut them, and then said 'look, they're bad' and players like 'no sh*t? of course they're, because you ruined them!' - but that's not news, it's already turned into ActiBlizzard's rule. In MoP, they removed extra weapon slot about which I already spoke here <url> - it was a big blow to the universal equipment system in the same extent as to the common sense of this collapsing game universe. You just see so narrowly that you can't tie together certain events and consequences. Everything should work as a single thoughtful universal system, not like pieces of *** on the fan. Social sphere (server, interactions) + RPG part (classes, talents, mechanics, abilities, parameters, equipment) + RP (adequacy, degree of correspondence history and events to the world, their sequence and alignment, class and racial fantasy).
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2021-02-02 at 11:24 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__