Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Coinfarm LFR Dazar'alor for the sword.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    My favorite part of Legion was having a weapon that you levelled up and earned, instead of getting from random lootboxes.

Wake me up when Artifacts return.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got a 400 twohander from a raid I've never even set foot in

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    I just got a 400 twohander from a raid I've never even set foot in

Me too. The 2h axe that usually drops from stormwall blockade

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post
    My favorite part of Legion was having a weapon that you levelled up and earned, instead of getting from random lootboxes.
    Which you "leveled up" through getting relics out of random lootboxes. Ilvl in your artifact was no more "earned" than weapons are now.

Don't hold your breath, many people didn't like them.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripax View Post
    Me too. The 2h axe that usually drops from stormwall blockade
    Man I thought I was special, apparently blizzard just gives loot out to everyone!
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2019-02-11 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roboscorcher View Post

You could argue that Legion was even worse since your weapon consisted of 3 different relics. I was stuck with a shitty weapon throughout pretty much the entire expansion, at every patch because I could never get a good fire relic to drop. And I played a lot (Over 300 15+ keys completed) outside of raiding.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    You could argue that Legion was even worse since your weapon consisted of 3 different relics. I was stuck with a shitty weapon throughout pretty much the entire expansion, at every patch because I could never get a good fire relic to drop. And I played a lot (Over 300 15+ keys completed) outside of raiding.
    Sounds like bullshit to me. No way you never got a 'good' Fire relic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Sounds like bullshit to me. No way you never got a 'good' Fire relic.
    Yeah I don't remember relics being too huge of a deal. Yes, Avenging Wrath was the ideal relic, but that was an issue with the talent more than the system. That said, I'd be OK with scrapping the relic system if they ever brought Artifacts back.

The great thing about Artifacts is that they follow the model of good game design: easy to play, difficult to master. Yes, every ret had Ashbringer. How many unlocked all the variants? There was almost always something new to achieve.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Don't hold your breath, many people didn't like them.
    I though they didn't like having to grind a million ap for each weapon to play multiple spec, not the concept itself.
    I really liked the idea of not having to pray rnjesus for a weapon especially when i'm a melee and the damn weapon matters in my numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kill Broccoli View Post
    I though they didn't like having to grind a million ap for each weapon to play multiple spec, not the concept itself.
    I really liked the idea of not having to pray rnjesus for a weapon
    So instead of needing to pray to RNGesus for a single weapon you'd rather need to pray for 3 relics to accomplish the same thing? It's like you didn't even read the post you just responded to.

especially when i'm a melee and the damn weapon matters in my numbers.
    Weapon damage only matters for auto attacks now, all abilities are a direct percentage of AP as of BFA.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

So instead of needing to pray to RNGesus for a single weapon you'd rather need to pray for 3 relics to accomplish the same thing? It's like you didn't even read the post you just responded to.
    Relics were an improvement on the base weapon. Not comparable to being stuck with a 370 weapon while everyone else is rocking a 395+

Weapon damage only matters for auto attacks now, all abilities are a direct percentage of AP as of BFA.
    Nope. Weapon still matters in the forms of weapon dps which scales with the ilvl.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/...ability-damage
    We're closing to the point of having weapon as pure stat sticks but we're not there yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relics were an improvement on the base weapon. Not comparable to being stuck with a 370 weapon while everyone else is rocking a 395+
    Yes, it is, because you'd be rocking a 370 artifact while everyone else had 395s because you didn't get any relic drops. It's the same shit, except you needed 3 drops to accomplish what 1 does now. Being an improvement on the base weapons is entirely irrelevant, you still don't get any item level increase without drops, and with the artifact you need 3 drops to get it up to current tier Ilvl, now you only need 1.

Nope. Weapon still matters in the forms of weapon dps which scales with the ilvl.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=281913/...ability-damage
    We're closing to the point of having weapon as pure stat sticks but we're not there yet.
    I love it when blizzard isn't clear on changes and hides shit from us.

Yes, it is, because you'd be rocking a 370 artifact while everyone else had 395s because you didn't get any relic drops. It's the same shit, except you needed 3 drops to accomplish what 1 does now. Being an improvement on the base weapons is entirely irrelevant, you still don't get any item level increase without drops, and with the artifact you need 3 drops to get it up to current tier Ilvl, now you only need 1.
    It's not. Relics were available from multiple sources, including vendor at some point. I never had problems in terms of ilvl with the relics, the issues were in the effects but that is comparable to today dropping a crappy/awesome azerite piece.

Weapons in bfa are much harder to obtain. No vendors, drops only in raid or in 2-3 specific dungeon, and on top of that you have to consider stat balance, having lost stats on 3 pieces getting the right weapon is a much bigger deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Relics were available from multiple sources
    So are weapons.

including vendor at some point.
    ALL gear was available from vendors at multiple points during Legion, THAT isn't comparable.

I never had problems in terms of ilvl with the relics
    Your individual experience isn't a measurement of the whole, I had plenty of trouble with it. On the flip side, I've had no trouble getting weapons in BFA, but my individual experience is not representative of everyone's.

and on top of that you have to consider stat balance
    Better than being stuck with an artifact weapon for the entire expansion that had two horrible stats for our spec like in Legion.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-02-12 at 06:17 PM.

So are weapons.
    No they're not, it's either raid or m+. No vendor, and due to losing stat from azerite pieces, it's even narrower than that because some weapon are more crappier than others.
    In reality as ret, the real juicy one is from the first boss in bod, haste/mastery. The others are all a plan B.

ALL gear was available from vendors at multiple points during Legion, THAT isn't comparable.
    Exactly. We have no vendor for compensate bad rolls on weapons and such.

Your individual experience isn't a measurement of the whole, I had plenty of trouble with it. On the flip side, I've had no trouble getting weapons in BFA, but my individual experience is not representative of everyone's.
    Agreed, but my individual experience is the only one i can bring, i can't see lot of other people and it's the only one i can report.

Better than being stuck with an artifact weapon for the entire expansion that had two horrible stats for our spec like in Legion.
    Maybe but at least was always a great weapon that you could keep up to date, and not something crappy like the king rest one with the bleed effect and no stat.

No they're not, it's either raid or m+. No vendor, and due to losing stat from azerite pieces, it's even narrower than that because some weapon are more crappier than others.
    pvp, wq's, incursions..

10+ Year Old Account
    because some weapon are more crappier than others.
    Just like how some relics were total shit.

Exactly. We have no vendor for compensate bad rolls on weapons and such.
    That's a vendor problem, not a problem with the weapons, if we had artifacts right now vendors for gear wouldn't magically appear to support them.

Maybe but at least was always a great weapon
    Not with mastery on it it wasn't (mastery was our worst stat for most of Leigon).

that you could keep up to date
    If the right relics dropped

and not something crappy like the king rest one with the bleed effect and no stat.
    Shows how much you know, that weapon sims very well for us... That weapon currently sims better for me than an equivalent ilvl Dawnbreaker...

You shouldn't claim a weapon is shit without actually having data on it, especially when that data is very easy to get.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-02-13 at 08:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuggsy View Post
    I remember a time when gear had two primary stats, no idea why they can't put Str and Int on a 2hander so you can swap back and forth.
    That is what we fucking need! Also 1h+Off-Hand... no matter if it is shield or book.