Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    HEY LOOK, ANOTHER INCURSION, ANOTHER 1 HANDER AS RET AHHHAHAHAHA FUCK. Fucking idiots, horrible game.

Last edited by pkusa; 2019-01-02 at 04:21 AM.

You choose the class, not the spec

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how they lost so many brain cells when it comes to weapons. We went from not having to worry about this issue in one expac to having this. Did they not learn anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

Same happened to me as well getting shields as a furry warr and shields as a enhancement shaman or even a fucking polearm as a marksmanship hunter.....

I'd honestly just be happy if I could get a damn weapon, any weapon, to drop.

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    They are caster weapons, it wouldn't have the right damage numbers on it. Although I don't know if there is a reason outside of not having melee rolling on caster weapons to not include proper melee damage on caster weapons.
    I'd rather have something with the wrong stats than something I couldn't use at all.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems everytime i actually get a high ilvl/TF/WF Weapon from outdoor content on my main specs it is always for an Offspec. Every single WQ that rewards Weapons has also never been for my mainspec.

My only luck was constant rolling of coins from Weapon bosses in Raids since at least that is guaranteed Spec Specific.

Its entitled gamers like this that are ruining the game.

Ya that's how world content has always worked. I'm not sure why its suddenly a hot topic again all of a sudden. You still got a THREE EIGHTY ITEM LEVEL weapon from doing trivially easy content.

Really can't be asking for even more and making sure its always something your spec can use.

We have to draw the line some where, and for me, it would have been at not giving 380 item level weapons for 10 minutes worth of world content.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Horde get 370 weapons from their emissaries?

Got just a 2handed 370 weapon out of a faction assault while I had protection spec AND loot activated. Either Prot Paladin is about to receive a pretty significant rework or Blizzard is being way too sloppy with their loot table handling...

The Horde People are Better...Ally is Nooob man lol

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    It's hard to imagine why smart loot took so long since they seem to be using the framework of D3 for inspiring systems and designs.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by pkusa View Post
    HEY LOOK, ANOTHER INCURSION, ANOTHER 1 HANDER AS RET AHHHAHAHAHA FUCK. Fucking idiots, horrible game.

LOL got same weapon today to retri :\

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    It's hard to imagine why smart loot took so long since they seem to be using the framework of D3 for inspiring systems and designs.
    Time played metrics.

Annnnnd queue panic mode

After some discussion yesterday with some fellows while doing an M+, one of the guys actually gave a logical answer to this issue that actually makes sense.

Faction Assault loot system works the same way as the Conquest Point Reward System. The Conquest system will let you unlock a PvP item after gathering a certain amount of Conquest Points, It lets you see what item you are working towards unlocking, but the item might not be relevant to your spec.
    So the Faction Assault loot system works the same way but instead of gathering Conquest Points you complete the Assault Quest and you can't see what item you are working towards.

After understanding the design philosophy, we can still end up with the same conclusion. Its a pretty bad design.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Johny-Blade View Post
    After some discussion yesterday with some fellows while doing an M+, one of the guys actually gave a logical answer to this issue that actually makes sense.

Faction Assault loot system works the same way as the Conquest Point Reward System. The Conquest system will let you unlock a PvP item after gathering a certain amount of Conquest Points, It lets you see what item you are working towards unlocking, but the item might not be relevant to your spec.
    So the Faction Assault loot system works the same way but instead of gathering Conquest Points you complete the Assault Quest and you can't see what item you are working towards.

After understanding the design philosophy, we can still end up with the same conclusion. Its a pretty bad design.
    So just because some random guy in an online game says it works that way, you believe him? Okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Ya that's how world content has always worked. I'm not sure why its suddenly a hot topic again all of a sudden. You still got a THREE EIGHTY ITEM LEVEL weapon from doing trivially easy content.
    WQs/emissaries were introduced in Legion and you had your artifact. Getting the wrong relic (or whatever they were) or trinket sucked but not as much as getting 370/380 weapons for the wrong spec when you're using 340s due to bad luck. It's probably a hot topic again due to people returning for 8.1/BoD patch and remembering how much they hate the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    So just because some random guy in an online game says it works that way, you believe him? Okay.
    He provided a very valid and logical argument as to WHY this issue ONLY happens in the Faction Assault loot system.
    In case you didn't read through to the end or you didn't comprehend its meaning, my post was about understanding why the issue happens, not about accepting it as something useful to the playerbase.

You seem a bit frustrated by the idea of people discussing, exchanging opinions or even being convinced or persuaded by other opinions.
    Last edited by Johny-Blade; 2019-01-17 at 10:37 AM.