Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by satanicway View Post
    Your opinion about this change is the same as any authoritarian argument: For the sake of protecting the people from themselves we will not alow X to be done anymore.

People can take care of themselves, you don't need to give people LESS options because you feel that there is "loot drama".
    I'm sure you've read this quote somewhere before:

Many players cannot help approaching a game as an optimization puzzle. What gives the most reward for the least risk? What strategy provides the highest chance – or even a guaranteed chance – of success? Given the opportunity, players will optimize the fun out of a game.

Quote Originally Posted by reauxmont View Post
    I'm sure you've read this quote somewhere before:
    That is true and is a fair point, but ML in no way was "unfun". In fact seeing a trial receive a loot that you who have worked for months to reach said progression does not have is the opposite of fun, it feels unfair and make it feels like the effort does not worth it.

Without ML the optmization puzzle is solved in a new way: Jumping from one guild to the next is the best way now to get gear and boss kills.
    If you cannot see how this will be very toxic for the game and how this will end in unfun then i cannot do much.

PL is a change that will make people optmization strategies take unfun routes, because they gain less staying on a guild then always looking for a better progressed one.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Blizzard has made up their mind about what "playing together" means.
    I don't know if this was part of your edit or I just missed it, but damn, this is a great quote. I'm fairly neutral as far as support of Bliz in design decisions I don't necessarily agree with - I'm a bit of a pragmatist in that regard. But man, what a quote this is. I've never been one to have a quote from another use in my sig, but good or bad, right or wrong, that's a hell of a truth.