Autofill ruins the game

I've recently returned to the game, after not having played since season 3. and the Auto-fill mechanic is ruining it all.

I don't understand why you can't toggle this off.
    I would personally rather wait 20 minutes and be certain that i get the role that i signed up as, instead of waiting 2 minutes and get randomly assigned a role i don't wan't to, or isn't experienced in playing. especially when queing for ranked.

It's so annoying signing up for a game as mid/top lane, and every time you get your desired role, someone dodges que. and when you finaly get in a game where noone else dodged, you are forced to jungle or support.

Riot should remove Auto-fill, or atleast make it purely optional, and additionaly increase the penalty of que-dodging.

Deleted
    Just shout "mid or feed" and lock invoker.

Just play a few games as support and fill and you become autofill protected. Playing burst mages as supports (and still doing support things!) is really fun. Just need to ignore it when people say you 'steal' kills :P
    RETH

I think it helps this game

At least you are kind of guaranteed two roles that you somewhat know how to play and are not just stuck in a role you have no idea how to play.

The solution is to main top/jungle - i haven't been autofilled in months ^.^
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fine. Queues were horrible without it, and the system works. Play one game as an off role and you're protected. It helps everyone get games faster.

Yeah, you are right

It ruins the game but there is no other choice, the queues will be over 10 minutes even in gold ...

Well, it is disconcerting when you play on the low ratings, but the higher, the better and more responsible people treat the game, even if they were thrown into the line they don't play.